You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season!

2»

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Brighton will be vary hard to beat great defence new ground and a very good forward line,I also think port vale represent great value in lge 2 but my big bet will be on Blackburn getting relegated at 7/2 absoulute banker bad investors and manager will seal there fate.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season!:
    In Response to Re: My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season! : I love the adjectives you use to describe a price Jay!! Used to be the highlight of your weekly post, (no dis-respect to the acxtual content ofc), just v funny! I'm sure you consult the thesaurus before "adding post"!! Hope ur weekly post returns this yr anyway!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I will indeed be starting next weekend. I'm also gonna open an account somewhere else as well & try lucy4's £10 to £10k challenge (although I expect if I get anywhere near £1k I'll chicken out & start again, lol). I'll also be posting my pick & ongoing result of that too.

• edited August 2011
    Already up and running with that challenge.

Put £21 on rangers at 4/7 yesterday.

Decided to use £12 winnings as my stake which i put on s.dyson in irish open at 12/5.

Now have £40.80p
  • edited August 2011

my footy pick for the season are

Prem                Chelsea
      Champ             Leicester
      Div. 1               Huddersfield
      Div. 2               Crawley
      Confer              Luton

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season! : I will indeed be starting next weekend. I'm also gonna open an account somewhere else as well & try lucy4's £10 to £10k challenge (although I expect if I get anywhere near £1k I'll chicken out & start again, lol). I'll also be posting my pick & ongoing result of that too.
    Posted by silentbob
    If you start a dedicated thread for this, i'll follow your selections too. Will be fun!
  • edited August 2011
    Forum  »  Fancy a Bet?  »  My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season!

My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season!

posted at 28/6/2011 12:31 AM BST on SkyPoker.com

First: 30/11/2010
    Last: 1/8/2011
    Ok so everytime i have the odd few quid left over in a betting account il be putting on this bet...

Leicester to win Championship/Northampton to win Lg 2

Double £4 @ 110/1
    Double £12.25 @ 84/1

Il prob do both just to win promotion at some point when the spare money appears in any betting account.

Go on....you know you all want to do it too!

Il keep posting in here everytime i put more money on it.

Ok so finally put some more money on it. The odds are now only 84/1.....so its a dead cert lol.

• edited August 2011
      my footy pick for the season are   Prem                Chelsea   Champ             Leicester   Div. 1               Huddersfield   Div. 2               Crawley   Confer              Luton  
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    I assume you like a fav bet then? I cant see hudds doing to well as they have sold there best two players also think chelsea will be found out with there age . I am going to go for.. MAN UTD,BRIGHTON,CHARLTON,PORT VALE, YORK.
  • edited August 2011
    Going with City for the Prem, doubting United's chances this year but don't know why.
  • edited August 2011
    Just lumped another £6 on it from a free £2games bet that i spun up to £6.

Forum » Punter's Corner » Fancy a Bet? » My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season! Watch this discussion 1Posts from splashies are HiddenStop Ignoring splashies My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season!posted at 28/6/2011 12:31 AM BST on SkyPoker.com splashies Posts: 983
    Last: 4/8/2011 Ok so everytime i have the odd few quid left over in a betting account il be putting on this bet...

Double £4 @ 110/1 (365)
    Double £12.25 @ 84/1 (SJ)
    Double £6 @ 94/1 (PP)

Il prob do both just to win promotion at some point when the spare money appears in any betting account.

• edited August 2011
    Fancy a simple bet for £6.40 a week that could reap you thousands?
    I stake 21 * 10p fourfolds 35 * 10p fivefolds 7 * 10p six folds and 1*10p accum on half time/full time double results.
    I choose one team from Premier league, championship, div 1, div 2, blue square, Scot premier, scot  1
    and select each team to draw at half time win at full time
    my teams this year will be
    Arsenal
    Burnley
    Rochdale
    Oxford
    Newport County
    Dundee Utd
    Hamilton Academicals

Last year I had two pick ups in excess of £700 ans several over £100 for my £6.40 stake but you do have to be patient and stick with the teams you choose

Good Luck
  • edited August 2011
    what I should have said is that the shortest price for drawing at half time then winning at full time is usually 3/1 but can be much bigger!
    so four teams correct would return a minimum £25.60
    five teams correct a minimum of £230.40
    six teams correct a minimum of £1,408
    all seven correct a minimum of £8,627.20

My maths might be attrocious but I dare you, Give it a go and who knows get all seven right and you could be playing the Main Event at the WSOP next summer!

If you do, don't forget to send a post card! lol

• edited August 2011

Just shoved another tenner on the bet from some of the winnings i got from Jason Day.

Forum » Punter's Corner » Fancy a Bet? » My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season! Watch this discussion 1Posts from splashies are HiddenStop Ignoring splashies My Big Bet for the forthcoming footy season!posted at 28/6/2011 12:31 AM BST on SkyPoker.com splashies Posts: 987
    Last: 6/8/2011 Ok so everytime i have the odd few quid left over in a betting account il be putting on this bet...

Double £4 @ 110/1 (365)
    Double £12.25 @ 84/1 (SJ)
    Double £6 @ 94/1 (PP)
    Double £10 @ 95.5/1 (365)

Il prob do both just to win promotion at some point when the spare money appears in any betting account.

• edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    *BUMP*
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    rhohgesrlt;hyuhytrdnhgioditngdtoinigomou5yg0987u6y04mlyjdt9m84me6-mgby klyfcd bn9p8u678ubm dyjpoiuh78drb ji7umjymi6ujy85ujny moj7ju-8nj uj-

Hows Stephen Lee looking for next years World Champs?
  • edited November 2011
    Simply Had To...... BUMP
  • edited November 2011
    now your just being cruel.
  • edited November 2011
    now your just being cruel.
    Posted by achill
    +1

• edited November 2011
    lol quality rubdown, love how noone bet on Charlton :D i nearly did thought we'd be guranteed top 2 no value now 
  • edited November 2011

I backed charlton southend and forest,Looks like forest will bump me as i did a £5ew treble not a patent.

• edited November 2011
    But ive also backed Man city to win prem @9/2