You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WHY CAN'T I WIN WITH ACES.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Right i dont want this to be a post to say "sky poker is fixed" or ra ra ra whatever, but in 2 days i've had aces 3 times,

1st time - i ran them into 4's pre flop, i bet 6x pre everyone called, it came 3 5 6 i bet OVER pot and got called by 2 players, the turn brings a king, i bet again pretty sure i'm a mile ahead and milking, the river comes a 4 and he flips 4's over to a checked river.

2nd time - Last night in the £22 bounty hunter on the final table bubble, i 4 bet shove aces and called by AK suited hearts, the flop comes 2c 5d 8h. turn 9h. river.. 10h. so he runners the flush.

3rd time literally 5 minutes ago, - in the 5.75 BH i am in the BB, utg folds, utg+1 raises 3x, next player calls the bet of 90, then goes fold fold, i raise to 420 and the initial raiser folds then the caller calls..
              the flop comes K Q 10. i am immedietlly weary about the flop and am hating it on most levels, i check, he POT BETS. i shove, which i know is questionable but i'm tilted and i have him covered so is also worth it for the bounty as he had knocked out a player so has the added value. he shows K9 offsuit. i'm loving life at the moment, the turn comes another King giving him trips. the river blanks with an 8 and i go out the next hand, i just dont understand how i get more unlucky with this hand than any other, is there anything i can do in any of these hands?

any advice would be brilliant, thanks
  • edited June 2011
    Thats what i keep saying to myself but when i'm regually losing money (and losing the chance of cashing due to it) it sort of drives you crazty, nar mean?
  • edited June 2011

I dunno how much you play, but having aces cracked 3 times in 2 days isn't anything unusual. 

There's a million n 1 ways to bust a poker tourny, and you're gonna bust before the money in the majority of tournys you play. Just get used it and move on to the next one.

Doesn't sound like you're doing much wrong.  Just make sure you've got 40+ buy ins for the tournys you are entering (or are prepared to reload if you bust playing a more aggressive BR strategy).
  • edited June 2011
    Well yesterday i was playing for abouuttt... 8 hours? possibly more but i wasn't keeping count, i do understand that it is varence but i just dont know how i keep getting beat in such a filthy way, i'm sure i've handed out more than my share of bad beats and it's just poker, but eurgh the cashing does mean alot to me as i am still only 18 and i make a lot of money as a pose to my job playing poker and when i get my aces cracked by K9 it just tilts me y'know? thanks though Dohhhhh
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: WHY CAN'T I WIN WITH ACES.:
    Well yesterday i was playing for abouuttt... 8 hours? possibly more but i wasn't keeping count, i do understand that it is varence but i just dont know how i keep getting beat in such a filthy way, i'm sure i've handed out more than my share of bad beats and it's just poker, but eurgh the cashing does mean alot to me as i am still only 18 and i make a lot of money as a pose to my job playing poker and when i get my aces cracked by K9 it just tilts me y'know? thanks though Dohhhhh
    Posted by corn_rat22
    It's part of the game so you just have to get over it. You remember the times you get bad beats more because it hurts. You just gotta move on to the next tourny or cash hand...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    corn_rat22 Small blind  20.00 20.00 2040.00
    ScottMo1 Big blind  40.00 60.00 1995.00
     Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

tangosi1 Fold     
    splashies Raise  120.00 180.00 1687.50
    winging38 Fold     
    thetram Fold     
    corn_rat22 Call  100.00 280.00 1940.00
    ScottMo1 Fold     
    Flop

corn_rat22 Check     
    splashies Bet  200.00 480.00 1487.50
    corn_rat22 Raise  710.00 1190.00 1230.00
    splashies All-in  1487.50 2677.50 0.00
    corn_rat22 Call  977.50 3655.00 252.50
    corn_rat22 Show

splashies Show
    • J
    • J

Turn

River

corn_rat22 Win Three 10s 3655.00  3907.50
    Just like i have to now :(:(:(

Good luck.
  • edited June 2011
    Oh yeah sorry about that hand mate, i know what you mean now, it is just all round varience and it'll even out soon and hopefully i'll run better tonight..

run well and sorry about earlier

Sam Cornish

x
  • edited June 2011
    happens to us all mate
    got done by 76 suited - raise reraise jam all pre flop. they get a 7 on flop and a 7 on turn. urghhhhh!
    reload! then grind up a few hours later to get it back.
    I do play at the micro cash levels for the most part so this is par for the course.
    did take a while to get "used" to it though!lol
    you play long enough all things are possible

good luck