You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Holdem manager for sit n gos/tournys.

edited June 2011 in The Poker Clinic

I haven't used Hem since my free trial ran out about a year ago, and I only had it for a week. I was just about getting the hang of the basics but I'm sure there was alot I didn't get to see/use on it.....

Few questions....

1) How useful is it for sngs?

2) Can you use 2 different HUDs, 1 for cash games, 1 for sngs? Obv you're looking for different info when you play sngs to cash, steel % from every position obv becomes alot more important for example.

3) If I played a guy HU for 5,000 hands, then a year later I was multi tabling 6x cash tables and he was on everyone, obv my stats on him would be false, he would probably show as something like 88/70 over a large sample. This would be very misleading Is there any way that Hem can inform u that the stats you have on a player are from a different discipline? sng/hu/mtt/cash etc..... ????

4) Anyone any idea exactly what a sng HUD would looklike? - what stats it would display?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Holdem manager for sit n gos/tournys.:
    I haven't used Hem since my free trial ran out about a year ago, and I only had it for a week. I was just about getting the hang of the basics but I'm sure there was alot I didn't get to see/use on it..... Few questions.... 1) How useful is it for sngs? 2) Can you use 2 different HUDs, 1 for cash games, 1 for sngs? Obv you're looking for different info when you play sngs to cash, steel % from every position obv becomes alot more important for example. 3) If I played a guy HU for 5,000 hands, then a year later I was multi tabling 6x cash tables and he was on everyone, obv my stats on him would be false, he would probably show as something like 88/70 over a large sample. This would be very misleading Is there any way that Hem can inform u that the stats you have on a player are from a different discipline? sng/hu/mtt/cash etc..... ???? 4) Anyone any idea exactly what a sng HUD would looklike? - what stats it would display?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi mate,

I'm sure someone more clued up than me can help better but in the meantime...

1) Super useful/bordering on essential?? It basically gives you someone's range from any position at any blind level if you configure it properly.

2 and 3) are kind of linked but yes, I'm almost certain that it's easy for HEM to treat the 2 disciplines entirely separately.

4) Any you want mate, basically. People generally stick it in lines I think. VPIP, PFR, AF, No. of hands, top line. Then I found it useful to have 'steal' stats together on one line, Attempt to steal, fold sb/bb to steal etc. Then any others you want really, eg cbet%, 3 bet pre% etc etc.
  • edited June 2011

Not an expert, but my 2c

Havent used it for sngs, but I would think not near as useful for  as cash. Im not sure you can configure your HUD to take account of different blind levels which would be vital (You can filter in the main program though afaik)

I think hem treats cash and tourney hands differently. I think you can also set you r hud to only use hands with certain number of players in them

Not sure on any of this so others feel free to correct me if Im wrong

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Holdem manager for sit n gos/tournys.:
    In Response to Holdem manager for sit n gos/tournys. : Hi mate, I'm sure someone more clued up than me can help better but in the meantime... 1) Super useful/bordering on essential?? It basically gives you someone's range from any position at any blind level if you configure it properly. 2 and 3) are kind of linked but yes, I'm almost certain that it's easy for HEM to treat the 2 disciplines entirely separately. 4) Any you want mate, basically. People generally stick it in lines I think. VPIP, PFR, AF, No. of hands, top line. Then I found it useful to have 'steal' stats together on one line, Attempt to steal, fold sb/bb to steal etc. Then any others you want really, eg cbet%, 3 bet pre% etc etc.
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Do you have 4 hours spare to expand on this bit? .......  :)
  • edited June 2011
    Question 1 Very good for stt

Question 2 You have the option a Tourny Hud or Cash Hud 

Question 3 You can create a Hud for all manner of games weather it be HU/stt/mtt/cash

Question 4 The most important part of a good Hud is fully understanding the stats that you have displayed, VPIP/PFR/HANDS/BB for example are ideal for stt. No stat is far better then having a stat and not fully understanding the information and acting on it.  
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Holdem manager for sit n gos/tournys.:
    In Response to Re: Holdem manager for sit n gos/tournys. : Do you have 4 hours spare to expand on this bit? .......  :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If I managed it easy enough mate, you can too. If you do a quick search on that huge forum you can find plenty of successful STT grinders set ups to copy. If I can find a link in a bit I'll PM it to you.