You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

has the don90 gone all greghogg on the world?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ive been pretty tight on his table. Its a slow structure deepstak. 5K starting 30min blinds satellite for a package.

Two reasons why i fold. Firstly the structure allows me to find far better spots and i dont think i can just flat. Secondly, its a click raise from a tight opponent personally i just cant think what i beat when he does this.

#63977379988: Tournament #407451556, £100.00+£8.50 GBP Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2011/06/30 21:40:41 WET [2011/06/30 16:40:41 ET]

Table '407451556 3' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: germ1nat0r (3800 in chips)
Seat 2: the_donscott (10492 in chips)
Seat 3: Gemraid (14052 in chips)
Seat 4: H3nn3rs (22701 in chips)
Seat 5: robc1978 (7655 in chips)
Seat 6: ReraiseRob (2981 in chips)
Seat 7: zyXon (11740 in chips)
Seat 8: Vituperio (16175 in chips)
Seat 9: Deano1337 (9564 in chips)
Gemraid: posts small blind 100
H3nn3rs: posts big blind 200

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to the_donscott [Qc Ad]
robc1978: raises 250 to 450
ReraiseRob: folds
zyXon: calls 450
Vituperio: folds
Deano1337: folds
germ1nat0r: folds
the_donscott: calls 450
Gemraid: folds
H3nn3rs: calls 250

*** FLOP *** [Ac 2s 6s]
H3nn3rs: checks
robc1978: bets 1225
zyXon: raises 1275 to 2500
the_donscott: folds
H3nn3rs: folds
robc1978: folds
Uncalled bet (1275) returned to zyXon
zyXon collected 4350 from pot
zyXon: doesn't show hand

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4350 | Rake 0
Board [Ac 2s 6s]
Seat 1: germ1nat0r folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: the_donscott (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: Gemraid (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: H3nn3rs (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: robc1978 folded on the Flop
Seat 6: ReraiseRob folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: zyXon collected (4350)
Seat 8: Vituperio folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Deano1337 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comments

• edited June 2011

also to add i felt 3betting pre was an option but my image the way it ios here i dont think i get called vby worse except what im flipping with

• edited June 2011

This looks a good solid fold to me don, but the question remains.

Do you really think Young Gun has got nice eyes, or is he making it up?
  • edited June 2011
    i think its fine folding mate your only in for 450 and the click back raise looks like its dying for callers its screaming i have a set please call... also whats on he line its not a standard donkament its for a seat into a live tourney and there is tonnes of play left and you have 50+ bb behind

now get that seat don !!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2011
    LMAO ^^

edit for dohhhh's post
  • edited June 2011
    Any reads on opener? They might affect how I'd play it

With info you have given I think its well played. I think you can sometimes flat here with reads though
  • edited June 2011
    very easy fold!

preflop, i would prefer 3 betting or folding depending on reads and your image
  • edited June 2011
    UTG i really wasnt sure on.

Greg my image was very tight. Id been laggier on a different table but there already was a table captian rasing alot here so i just decided to slow down a lil
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: has the don90 gone all greghogg on the world?:
    very easy fold! preflop, i would prefer 3 betting or folding depending on reads and your image
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Why? In general I much prefer a flat pre in this spot
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: has the don90 gone all greghogg on the world? : Why? In general I much prefer a flat pre in this spot
    Posted by grantorino
    I had the benefit of watching an instant replay of the hand that don sent me

my first thoughts were that i dont like a flat call. If we 3 bet we isolate and can put pressure on

If we think they have AQ crushed we can fold.

BUT... I think you are probably right on reflection. Flat is the simple option.  
  • edited July 2011
    if you call with AQ your not going to see a better flop then that very often so

a) what u hoping to hit?

b) if the flops comes as above and you fold flop why not just fold pre?
  • edited July 2011
    if you call with AQ your not going to see a better flop then that very often so a) what u hoping to hit? b) if the flops comes as above and you fold flop why not just fold pre?
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    this was my initial thinking...
  • edited July 2011
    if you call with AQ your not going to see a better flop then that very often so a) what u hoping to hit? b) if the flops comes as above and you fold flop why not just fold pre?
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    I think this is based on a number of factors. And as the player in the hand i feel i must reply to this statement maybe people will get an idea of my thinking and be able to reply accordingly.

Pre flop im more than happy to be playing AQ on the button. The UTG raise however does show some strenth and the flat for the other guy whos been tight also tells me he has a decent hand. This is my first desision 3-bet, call or fold.

Now i choose to flat on this occassion. As you said theres only a select few flops i liked. I was comfortable playing a 3 way pot. Unfortunetly i never accounted for a blind comming along for the ride aswell. The reason i didnt 3 bet is i felt i was then over inflating the pot with a very vunreble hand. And a fold seems pretty weak IMO.

On the flop UTG c-bets, now i was going to raise this anyways, A) for value, and B) for protection against a draw.

However a player who has been very tight click raises. This shows huge strenth imo. It screems of PAY ME. Therefore i decided to say No! i will not pay you i shall fold.

I made my play purley based on the information given to me.

Lets have a look IMO the range of hands my opponent has

AA
    AK
    AJ
    AT

A6
    A2
    Ax of spades

Out of all these hands the ones im beating i have bolded. I am flipping to another, which is italiced. Now AA is unlikley as i hold an A and he flatted pre.

I think that there are so many different combinations of hands that i cant beat on this seemingly perfect flop.

• edited July 2011
    This looks a good solid fold to me don, but the question remains. Do you really think Young Gun has got nice eyes, or is he making it up?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Bump...
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: has the don90 gone all greghogg on the world? : Bump...
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    quit making stuff up dude.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: has the don90 gone all greghogg on the world? : quit making stuff up dude.
    Posted by The_Don90
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: has the don90 gone all greghogg on the world? : quit making stuff up dude.
    Posted by The_Don90
    What you dont think i have nice eyes?? :( mehhh FML
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: has the don90 gone all greghogg on the world? : I think this is based on a number of factors. And as the player in the hand i feel i must reply to this statement maybe people will get an idea of my thinking and be able to reply accordingly. Pre flop im more than happy to be playing AQ on the button. The UTG raise however does show some strenth and the flat for the other guy whos been tight also tells me he has a decent hand. This is my first desision 3-bet, call or fold. Now i choose to flat on this occassion. As you said theres only a select few flops i liked. I was comfortable playing a 3 way pot. Unfortunetly i never accounted for a blind comming along for the ride aswell. The reason i didnt 3 bet is i felt i was then over inflating the pot with a very vunreble hand. And a fold seems pretty weak IMO. On the flop UTG c-bets, now i was going to raise this anyways, A) for value, and B) for protection against a draw. However a player who has been very tight click raises. This shows huge strenth imo. It screems of PAY ME. Therefore i decided to say No! i will not pay you i shall fold. I made my play purley based on the information given to me. Lets have a look IMO the range of hands my opponent has AA AK AJ AT A6 A2 Ax of spades 66 22 Out of all these hands the ones im beating i have bolded. I am flipping to another, which is italiced. Now AA is unlikley as i hold an A and he flatted pre. I think that there are so many different combinations of hands that i cant beat on this seemingly perfect flop.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Couple of points

1. I dont hate folding pre. Im not that happy 3betting an UTG opener pre at this buy in readless, you are basically bluffing imo

2. Yeah we got the flop we were looking for, but action tells us we are prob beat. I would think raiser is more likely to have spade draws than AT, AJ, but we dont fare well against his range imo and there are 2 players left to act, 1 who has already shown considerable interest in the pot

3. I wouldnt raise the cbet 4way (even 3 way if villain folds), definitely not unless you are prepared to get it in, and even then I dont like it.  UTGs range looks pretty strong when he raises pre and cbets 4way. Hence your raise looks very strong, idk he is prob not calling AJ,AT too often, he rarely folds better, and I doubt he flats draws often. Again you would still have BB to act . If there are fish in the pot you can disregard this advice 
  • edited July 2011
    ty Grantorino. Im glad you agree with my thinking in this instance. Ive done alot of thinking recently and alot of my thinking while playing is all wrong.
  • edited July 2011
    don't like 3-betting pre here, especially not in satellite
    think it's played good tbh, i like the fold