You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Missing Thread

edited July 2011 in Area 51
I would have thought that threads in Area 51 wouldn't be pulled, yet one has been. Was it because it criticised the hypocrisy of a Sky employee, I wonder?

Worrying.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Yes it is

It's a pity that customers don't have the chance to retract a post before they get banned for life. 

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Missing Thread:
    I would have thought that threads in Area 51 wouldn't be pulled, yet one has been. Was it because it criticised the hypocrisy of a Sky employee, I wonder? Worrying.
    Posted by Eyeman
    Hi Eyeman

Some threads get too out of hand even for Area 51 and this was one which was going nowhere. Area 51 is not an 'anything goes' place, the forum rules still apply and sometimes we need to take action. We'd have taken similar action even without it being a member of staff.

We're always really open on Sky Poker and don't delete many threads - its not in your or our interest to do so.

We hope that helps.

Thanks
    Sky Poker Team
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Missing Thread:
    In Response to Missing Thread : Hi Eyeman Some threads get too out of hand even for Area 51 and this was one which was going nowhere. Area 51 is not an 'anything goes' place, the forum rules still apply and sometimes we need to take action. We'd have taken similar action even without it being a member of staff. We're always really open on Sky Poker and don't delete many threads - its not in your or our interest to do so. We hope that helps. Thanks Sky Poker Team
    Posted by Sky_Poker

What a load of twaddle

What forum rules were broken? 

• edited July 2011
    Seemed little to do with where the thread was going, rather the fact it was picked up that maybe an employee shouldnt be quite that antagonistic.

Elsa makes a VERY good point here, sadly I doubt it will be addressed.
  • edited July 2011
    I am not sure which Forum rules were broken.  Perhaps you could enlighten us?  And while you're at it, perhaps you could ask Sky Dave to issue an appropriate apology?
  • edited July 2011

Area 51 one s a stepping stone for shy poker enthusiasts who are reluctant to venture into the shark infested, dog eat DJ world of GPC and the poker clinic.

I'm sure DJblackeyes will be along soon to confirm.

He's busy at the moment, staring at a hand review he's written in response to a thread in the poker clinic, rocking backwards and forwards, biting his nails, trying to find pluck up the courage to click "add post". 

• edited July 2011
    <hack>   ...  <cough>  ...  <splutter> ...

The death throes of another thread.
  • edited July 2011
    I am not sure which Forum rules were broken.  Perhaps you could enlighten us?  And while you're at it, perhaps you could ask Sky Dave to issue an appropriate apology?
    Posted by RogueCell

Will never happen.  Still waiting for a reason as to why the concise well debated RNG thread was closed beyond "it had run its course"........................

What are on about Doh?
  • edited July 2011
    Area 51 one s a stepping stone for shy poker enthusiasts who are reluctant to venture into the shark infested, dog eat DJ world of GPC and the poker clinic. I'm sure DJblackeyes will be along soon to confirm. He's busy at the moment, staring at a hand review he's written in response to a thread in the poker clinic, rocking backwards and forwards, biting his nails, trying to find pluck up the courage to click "add post". 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

GROW UP!

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Missing Thread : Will never happen.  Still waiting for a reason as to why the concise well debated RNG thread was closed beyond "it had run its course"........................ What are on about Doh?
    Posted by AMYBR
    LOL!! This made me laugh.....

I've no idea really, I wrote the post on Rogues thread called "what's the point in A51".......Then it closed, so plonked it here.

Just shhhhh    it stirring really, as usual ;)

And any excuse to take a pop at the DJ.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Missing Thread : GROW UP!
    Posted by elsadog
    Grow down, ffs, such a bunch of girls it's like the big brother house. 

Chillaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx it's only abit of fun.

Mountains.

Molehills.

• edited July 2011

'SKY POKER' has now had 225 posts. I know various 'sky poker' staff use this to post stuff.

I think hiding behind this alias will only create a bigger divide between themselves and the community who are ATM getting more and more disillusioned with the way it is being treated with contempt just recently.

FORUM FOR ALL???? 
  • edited July 2011
    Would the ''SKY POKER TEAM'' that is currently posting on this thread like to specifically identify themselves so that there is no misunderstanding relating to which Sky employee we are conversing with?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Missing Thread : Grow down, ffs, such a bunch of girls it's like the big brother house.  Chillaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx it's only abit of fun. Mountains. Molehills.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

It's not a bit of fun this is serious. 

• edited July 2011
    Posted by RogueCell

BUMP

• edited July 2011

It is inappropriate and unjust that an employee of Sky should see fit to mock their customers having only last week banned a customer for similarly mocking them.  This is an inescapable fact.

Furthermore, when confronted with such an inescapable fact, the appropriate course of action is to acknowledge one's shortcomings (after all, we all have them), not delete all evidence of one's mistake because one can.

Love from,
    Righteously Indignant of Tunbridge Wells

• edited July 2011
    It is inappropriate and unjust that an employee of Sky should see fit to mock their customers having only last week banned a customer for similarly mocking them.  This is an inescapable fact. Similarly, when confronted with such an inescapable fact, the appropriate course of action is to acknowledge one's shortcomings (after all, we all have them), not delete all evidence of one's mistake because one can. Love from, Righteously Indignant of Tunbridge Wells
    Posted by RogueCell
    Very, very, very well put.
  • edited July 2011
    The hypocracy and abuse of power here is stunning.

Neildown was given a life ban for ''abusing a Sky employee'' and yet all means of him communicating with Sky, to gain further detail of the alleged abuse, have been cut off. His girlfriends account has been closed because he might use that. Well, not to play on the site he wouldn't because his account is still open. But he no longer has the option to communicate with Sky via that means. His calls to customer care are met with ''we can't talk to you about it'' and his emails are not answered. He has effectively been ostracised without any recourse for what he feels was a personal matter. 

Now, when the same Sky employee does the very same thing, he is able to remove the whole thread and make some lame excuse about it breaking the forum rules. We then have unidentified ''official posts'' that may come from that very employee for all we know.

This whole issue needs to be looked at by the senior management at Sky Poker. This forum is getting very wobbly and needs some reassurance. 
  • edited July 2011
    Neil was treated very shabbily, and Sky has done this with others in the past. If I say something on Twitter (not that I do) it is independent of this web-site. When warned he made his Tweet private, but was still banned. Mick Jenn got a 3 month chat ban, which was arbitrarily extended to a life ban.
    When you engender a community, you must still do the normal bits of customer service that the rest of us do at work, and more besides.
  • edited July 2011
    Glass houses and cans of worms come to mind
  • edited July 2011
    Why is it a big deal if he posts can we see HH? tikay done the same to someone previously its part of the banter etc

all blown well out of proportion imo did dave swear? i missed it im only going by what others have said so could be totally wrong

elsadog surely Neildown's is a seperate case altogther and i completely agree with you he did not troll or anything just because of 1 remark when most of his posts obviously for humour and is a great asset to the community, how sky have supsended his GF's account is ridiculous also taken his chat away again nothing to do with the forum. a big +1 to how can he sort out when Customer service cant do anything and he cant communicate on here as he cant pm
  • edited July 2011

I  actually have a solution for this .

1. sky Dave man up apologise .

2. later on i will start a thread in gpc ,
     to get some feed back from forum peeps ,
    on the following :
     if sky but an

amnesty

on all the banned players ,
    bar those  obviously that were banned for fraud .

obviously the returnee's  would be obliged to keep
    their noses clean .

I MAY THREAD THE AMNESTY BIT LATER WHEN I GET  CHANCE .

• edited July 2011

Several points on this, all of which are the decisions of the senior Sky Poker management:

The Sky Poker account is the official account used to announce decisions made by the business. It is a collective of staff and management figures who decide what is posted and not one user, therefore ‘unveiling’s is neither possible nor warranted.

-  
    Attacks on all members of the Community - customer, moderator or staff - are not allowed as per the Community Guidelines. The banning of Community members is never desirable and it is never decided by one person, but by the whole team. Once bans or suspensions are implemented, they are not debatable.

-  
    All parts of the forum are subject to moderation. Area 51 is not an ‘anything goes’ area and never will be. Continued abuse of the Sky Poker forum will result in a review of the poster, with appropriate action.

- We never discuss individual cases with any person other than the person involved. Nor do we allow other forum members to speculate on these matters simply because they do not have all the facts to hand. Therefore, it can lead to people unwittingly inflaming a situation to which Sky Poker cannot respond to or comment on.

- Ultimately, these are the rules by which the forum will be run, as agreed by the Sky Poker management.

The Sky Poker community is a really key part of what makes Sky Poker great and standout from the competition, we want people to have a good time, make friends and learn from other people on the community.

We are closing this thread as this is our final statement on this particular matter.

Have a good weekend.

Thank you.