You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad taste left over.

edited July 2011 in Area 51
Got to admit the lines seemed to have blurred for me somewhat this morning.

I've seen contributors express themselves clearly and sincerely, yet been shut down for it.  I wasnt really going to say anything as I'm borderline afraid that my chat will be disabled, then I decided I had to, because thats just plain wrong.

I shouldnt have to be hugely mindful that a sentence took the wrong way might result in a lifelong forum ban.

I have seen things this morning that estripped my confidence in the running of this forum.  I do think the staffer/mod was out of line, especially in context with fringe issues.  Deleting said thread surely points to that assessment being correct. 

The tone of the formal statement does have a borderline threatening quality to it that I really dont believe is warranted.  Many members took offense with a certain issue, expressing it fairly and respectfully.  The resulting communication from the site has been appaling IMO.

I am a mod on a few other sites and I think this has been dealt with in a very heavy handed distasteful way.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    i missed it..what happened?
  • edited July 2011
    I am in full agreement AMYBR.  The suggestion that the last (closed) thread represented "ongoing forum abuse" is laughable.  I don't know what more people can do to express their disquiet in a less abusive manner!

I too take offence at the threatening language being used by the SKY POKER user ID.  If Sky is a viable business and values this community then it should engage with unhappy clients, not shut them down.  If I face a forum ban for this; well then I guess there are places I don't need to be.  Like the other posters on that thread, I am a reasonable adult who expects to be able to express myself respectfully within this forum.

If this is not the case, then it isn't really a forum at all, is it?
  • edited July 2011
    Come on stop starting threads about closing threads this will eventually be closed its stupif we're not children its obviously not going to change deal with it!
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Bad taste left over.:
    Come on stop starting threads about closing threads this will eventually be closed its stupif 
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    we're not children its obviously not going to change deal with it!
    Yet get treated as such.

Quote from skypoker (whoever he is)
    The Sky Poker community is a really key part of what makes Sky Poker great and standout from the competition, we want people to have a good time, make friends and learn from other people on the community.

made me laugh anyway...
  • edited July 2011
    Several points on this, all of which are the decisions of the senior Sky Poker management:

The Sky Poker account is the official account used to announce decisions made by the business. It is a collective of staff and management figures who decide what is posted and not one user, therefore ‘unveiling’s is neither possible nor warranted.

-  
    Attacks on all members of the Community - customer, moderator or staff - are not allowed as per the Community Guidelines. The banning of Community members is never desirable and it is never decided by one person, but by the whole team. Once bans or suspensions are implemented, they are not debatable.

-  
    All parts of the forum are subject to moderation. Area 51 is not an ‘anything goes’ area and never will be. Continued abuse of the Sky Poker forum will result in a review of the poster, with appropriate action.

- We never discuss individual cases with any person other than the person involved. Nor do we allow other forum members to speculate on these matters simply because they do not have all the facts to hand. Therefore, it can lead to people unwittingly inflaming a situation to which Sky Poker cannot respond to or comment on.

- Ultimately, these are the rules by which the forum will be run, as agreed by the Sky Poker management.

The Sky Poker community is a really key part of what makes Sky Poker great and standout from the competition, we want people to have a good time, make friends and learn from other people on the community.

We are closing this thread as this is our final statement on this particular matter.

Have a good weekend.

Thank you

The above statement diverts from the original points raised. There is no mention of what took place in earlier deleted threads or the reasons for those threads. There was no attack on a Sky employee but the question was asked regarding that employee doing the very thing he had a member life-banned for only days before. The link to the banned member was a natural one considering the similarity and the person involved.

The highlighted section of the statement is farcical considering what has taken place.

If I complained to my gas supplier about an employee of theirs the last thing I'd expect would be veiled threats to turn my gas off.