You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

im confused?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

i dont get what im doing wrong, i seem to have this pattern where il have an ok-good cash in a tourny then il go card dead for the next like few weeks then have another ok-good cash then another few weeks of nothing.
take last nite for example, played ok in the £12k bounty with a 15place finish which made me 100 profit, since then every tourny iv entered  im either been card dead (72o 8times in a row sort of card dead) or just unlucky so im prob going to lose all my profit by the end of tonight.
is this just normal variance or is this the sort of pattern you would expect from a bad player??

any thoughts/ advice would be good

Comments

• edited July 2011
    You seem to do Ok Burnsy. Seen you deep in a couple tonight - Nothing you can do when card dead except to tough it out if you've a few bigs left or bluff your t*ts off - bound to get caught at it eventually.

Might be worth a look at how you played the hands immediately prior to busting out to see if you could have done different and not eneded up shot-stacked, but sounds like tough luck/variance to me. If you game's regularly taking you deep then there can't be that much wrong with it.

I fought hard to stay in the £300 gtd Velo tonight - saw you there, I think. Got to last 8 before busting out with AK  for the 6th time tonight! Nothing you can do if the cards fall against you.

Chin up mate.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to im confused?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!:
    i dont get what im doing wrong, i seem to have this pattern where il have an ok-good cash in a tourny then il go card dead for the next like few weeks then have another ok-good cash then another few weeks of nothing. take last nite for example, played ok in the £12k bounty with a 15place finish which made me 100 profit, since then every tourny iv entered  im either been card dead (72o 8times in a row sort of card dead) or just unlucky so im prob going to lose all my profit by the end of tonight. is this just normal variance or is this the sort of pattern you would expect from a bad player?? any thoughts/ advice would be good
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    8 times in a row?

Wait till you have ten in a row

Then you REALLY WILL be peeved ;) xxx
  • edited July 2011
    lol when your runnin bad your screwed
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    spicer01 Small blind  200.00 200.00 4730.00
    liono369 Big blind  400.00 600.00 8450.00
     Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

WUBS Call  400.00 1000.00 8927.50
    BURNShurtz All-in  2255.00 3255.00 0.00
    dazmania Fold     
    richfield Call  2255.00 5510.00 6955.00
    spicer01 Fold     
    liono369 Fold     
    WUBS Fold     
    BURNShurtz Show
    • J
    • A

richfield Show
    • J
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

richfield Win Flush to the Ace 5510.00  12465.00
    lmao
  • edited July 2011
    i think its my bankroll management which is bad.
  • edited July 2011
    If you only ever play with 1% (max) of your BR in MTT's you should NEVER be tilted.