You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Spot with Jacks

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Heyyy guys! Just wandering what i should be doing here? The opponent had just reloaded a couple of times in the short time i had been at the table so i figured my have been tilting slightly.Hand History #387514565 (14:48 01/07/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceShafty91Small blind £0.10£0.10£20.97ProPlayerBig blind £0.20£0.30£25.03 Your hole cardsJJ    Call £0.20£0.50£18.24sharky9999Call £0.20£0.70£19.72Bricktop01Fold    FORDYCEFold    Shafty91Raise £0.90£1.60£20.07ProPlayerFold     Raise £4.00£5.60£14.24sharky9999Fold           Shafty91 ???????                

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Any reads what so ever? theres a case for shove/fold
  • edited July 2011
    Well as i said he had been fairly aggro and the spots that had gone to showdown he had average holding's, such as getting it all in with 2nd pair etc... So i suspected by this point he was tilting slightly... But i didnt want to call and face a possible shove on a later street when overcards appeared, so i was either all in or fold i thought?
  • edited July 2011
    If you think hes tilting or going mad, raise to 9-11 and let him shove, not rly a big fan of getting it in with jacks but his line is weird, normally people play aces this way utg but i doubt many people do it at 20nl
  • edited July 2011
    Yeahhh Ben the fact he limped/raised set the alarm bells ringing! He really could of had anything and also hate getting it in with Jacks when the stacks are as deep as they were.
  • edited July 2011
    If you suspect he's tilting even slightly shove.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm happy to get it all in here, against a solid opponent, i probs fold pre but in 20NL i dont think people realistically limp UTG with aces/kings then re-raise you as its a bit more advanced and these days looks so obvious. I can find a cause for shoving/flatting/folding, what did you do out of interest?
  • edited July 2011
    Thanks guys, for the record i folded.... Thinking straight away what a nit i was.... ;) but yeahh if it was a straight re-raise rather than a limp/re-raise i may have been more inclined to re-shove, but i was just had no idea where i was so thought i would wait for a better spot :)
  • edited July 2011
    usually this is standard fold
    but like others say if any chance villain could be tilting, or trying to break even, i think getting it in is fine