You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i have called here...

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Batkin88 Small blind   15.00 15.00 2465.00
FIGGY0 Big blind   30.00 45.00 1620.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

ecksmen Fold        
corn_rat22 Raise   150.00 195.00 2490.00
Skys_Limit Call   150.00 345.00 1950.00
sueyweston Fold        
Batkin88 Call   135.00 480.00 2330.00
FIGGY0 Fold        
Flop

• A
  • K

Batkin88 All-in   2330.00 2810.00 0.00
corn_rat22 Fold        
Skys_Limit Fold        
Batkin88 Show

Batkin88 Win   480.00   480.00
Batkin88 Return   2330.00 0.00 2810.00

i really have no reads on the player and dint know what to do what should i have done? thanks

Comments

• edited July 2011

You say you have no reads yet villian replys about getting tilited after some big hands got beat, unless u just got moved instant call and you havent really mentioned buy in/ structure.

very read depentant as for blind level you have comfatable chip stack but without reads i fold.
  • edited July 2011
    I snap it off so quick I probably break my mouse.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i have called here...:
    I snap it off so quick I probably break my mouse.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Haha brilliant ;) see you can be very funny without any sarcasm,more of this stuff please xxx
  • edited July 2011
    Sorry it was a £22 BH. i have 2 bounties the opponent has 1 and we're about 8 remaning and top 5 get paid, i'm close to average stack and looking for a shoving spot and just didnt think this was it, i had been on the same table all night and she had done nothing OOL so i really wasn't sure here.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i have called here...:
    Sorry it was a £22 BH. i have 2 bounties the opponent has 1 and we're about 8 remaning and top 5 get paid, i'm close to average stack and looking for a shoving spot and just didnt think this was it, i had been on the same table all night and she had done nothing OOL so i really wasn't sure here.
    Posted by corn_rat22
    The blinds are only 15/30

Are you sure you've got this right?

You have like 80xbb at the start of the hand, why are you looking for a shoving spot?
  • edited July 2011
    batkin was obviously tilted the fact she calls and shoves i snap call, wouldnt do this with AK or set, just looks like a tilt shove tbf id snap of every day
  • edited July 2011
    The tounrament was farley fast monving, i think the average stack at this point was like 4,500 i know i had a hell of a lot of BB and just wanted the security of being around the average stack as i think min cash was like... £60 or something, INC bounties be about £100 so being around that average stack mark would of been VERY NICE. but in spite of this i did fold and after she showed 8 10 offsuit i was semi wondering a few things but i would of liked it if the cards went on their backs here but then again do i really need to sweat it out for my tournament life with top pair this deep?
  • edited July 2011
    WTF lol
    why do you 5X raise pre? 
    why are you looking for a shoving spot? 
    you must have got your info wrong?!
    villain open shoving 2.3K is horrendous in every single way, i probably fold tbh, expecting to be up against 2-pair atleast
    average stack 4.5K yet nobody on your table has anywhere near that, everyone is near their starting stacks? major confusion

• edited July 2011

This was the bounty hunter i think it may of been a bit earlier than said tho as i remained in for quite a while after this hand as i calmed down after my major tilt as you can see lol.

In fairness regardless of tilt or not which you wouldn't of known as it was because of other tables you cannot really call here as you have a player behind.

• edited July 2011
    I would call with a player behind its pretty hard for him to have u beat