You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

level 14 to 15 torneys

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
i only seem to get to level 14 to 15 in torneys (only a couple of times) at kind of range of hands should i be looking to play at these levels , i keep messing them up ?????

Comments

• edited July 2011
    All depends on your current stack size the structure of the tournament your posistion and they players on your table.
    I know you prob hear it all the time but only play tens or better unless making a move and as you move throughtout the tournament vary pre raise amounts bet strong with big hands don't overplay them.
    Consider bringing K 9 Q 8 the mid range hands into posistion raises, always attack the button if your stack allows don't get carried away defending your blinds.
    Don't be a non believer without reads (most of the time)
    Don't shove pocket pairs below queens pre as you will be in a race to overcards unless you feel your stack size is too low not to race.
    Always try to be the raiser and don't call 3 way flops pre with hands like k 10, Q 10 , a 9, OR ANY ACE RAG.Don't over value ace rag suited like most players.
    I would say if your always atleast one double up off the current leader you are running fine, if your above average and the leader is well ahead consider going for just cashing rather than being rash with hands to try and hit 1st. Unless your always playing for the win everytime then this is fair enough.

Hope this helps
  • edited July 2011
    thanks batkin, my stack is usually above average , but that helps alot , i have just qualified for my first open threw satalite , so fingers crossed , thanks again