You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I'm not results orientated so...

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Supposed to be in the clinic. If you could move please mods.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Should I have/could I have gotten away from this?

I think maybe I should have and just got lucky. But think I was maybe right to isolate too. Really not sure about this one.

Thoughts?

Already in BB&V forum so no need to suggest.
    guthery01 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £18.41
    bitesaund Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £74.38
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

deano611 All-in  £0.79 £1.24 £0.00
    bandini Raise  £1.77 £3.01 £63.86
    pokerhon23 Fold     
    guthery01 Call  £1.62 £4.63 £16.79
    bitesaund Call  £1.47 £6.10 £72.91
    Flop

guthery01 Check     
    bitesaund Check     
    bandini Bet  £4.58 £10.68 £59.28
    guthery01 All-in  £16.79 £27.47 £0.00
    bitesaund Call  £16.79 £44.26 £56.12
    bandini All-in  £59.28 £103.54 £0.00
    bitesaund Call  £47.07 £150.61 £9.05
    guthery01 Show

bitesaund Show
    • K

deano611 Show
    • K
    • J

bandini Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

River

bandini Win Two Pairs, Aces and 8s £148.81
  • edited July 2011
    Not sure if it's correct but I'd do exactly the same...only 2 pair or a draw shoves your flop raise normally, think bitesaund would iso himself if he had the made straight, and you have potential redraws to nut 2p and the flush. I'm definitly getting it in and expecting to have to dodge all sorts.

With that being said I recall seeing a hand on mastercash a few weeks ago with a ridic wet flop like this, think it was something like Redmond with pKK or AA, another higher stakes reg with a big pair, and (I think) rupert elder opened the flop betting big and the others folded so maybe there is something to folding here. Then again rupert had air so maybe not :)

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I'm not results orientated so...:
    Not sure if it's correct but I'd do exactly the same...only 2 pair or a draw shoves your flop raise normally, think bitesaund would iso himself if he had the made straight, and you have potential redraws to nut 2p and the flush. I'm definitly getting it in and expecting to have to dodge all sorts. With that being said I recall seeing a hand on mastercash a few weeks ago with a ridic wet flop like this, think it was something like Redmon with pKK or AA, another higher stakes reg with a big pair, and (I think) rupert elder opened the flop betting big and the others folded so maybe there is something to folding here. Then again rupert had air so maybe not :)
    Posted by DannyMcs
    Getting boozy now so mightn't give this justice.

But yeah, that's exactly the hand I was thinking about when the decision came. It was genuinely a very tough call (raise, call was never happening).

I'm hardly as tight as Brownndog though, lolololol.
  • edited July 2011
    3bet bigger pre, especially as you are deep against BB

Reads are really important here. Dont really care about the shorty, but BBs flat is strange. I think you probably have to get it in readless at 20NL but I'm not sure firing in 200BB on this board will be profitable against good players
  • edited July 2011
    After bitesaund's flat of the all-in I'd be pretty worried tbh.

You have to either shove fold and for me it's a fold clearly some players are capable of playing anything for massive stacks lol.

Once again THIS is the standard at NL30............
  • edited July 2011
    I thought you played it just fine, but im sure you were worried with the other callers. They shouldn't have any regrets about losing either, because thats what happens most of the time when calling 6xBB with 67os or K9suited, especially after a raise and a re raise.
  • edited July 2011
    I like how you play post flop.

WP sir. Keep this up you'll be beating Redmond Lee HU in no time. ;)
  • edited July 2011
    Imo i think you played it finely BUT i woulda raised a wee bit more pre xx
  • edited July 2011
    So weird, i dont think i've ever seen a 4 way all in, in cash.
    I call and cross my fingers, absoloutley enormous pot in the end for 15 30, WD NH