You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

??????

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
GliterBabe Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £85.97
davezzz999 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £37.59
  Your hole cards

CrazyBen23 Fold     
Kefalonian Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £2.00 £2.75 £101.94
GliterBabe Call  £1.75 £4.50 £84.22
davezzz999 Fold     
Flop

• K
  • J

GliterBabe Bet  £3.38 £7.88 £80.84
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £10.00 £17.88 £91.94
GliterBabe Raise  £17.00 £34.88 £63.84
DOHHHHHHH Call  £10.38 £45.26 £81.56
Turn

• Q

GliterBabe All-in  £63.84 £109.10 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Snap it off, why didn't you ship on flop ?
  • edited July 2011
    Don't wanna be results orientated, but looking back this has to be a fold?

Hes never got jacks or kings obv, but he's also never got AsKx or anything like that either.

All he can really have is a flopped flush.

I flatted the flop because I believed I was behind alot of the time, and that he would slow down with the AsKx type hands on the turn. I thought I was drawing and could fold or call the turn if the price was right.

Obviously I can't fold coz I'm a plonker, and plonkers can't fold sets, so my plan went ti ts up.

• edited July 2011
    Folding sets.....I'll stick to NL4 lol
  • edited July 2011

Think I should join ya !!!
  • edited July 2011
    Yeah, Im folding here JJ, you know he aint doing that light. 
  • edited July 2011
    fold for me to imo.
  • edited July 2011
    100% fold imo my friend

No way he does that with a hand worse than yours
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re:??????:
    100% fold imo my friend No way he does that with a hand worse than yours
    Posted by jenny_IYY
    I would of called the flop and tried to control the board and looked to pair it before i went increasing the pot.
    From this posistion fold
  • edited July 2011
    Reads would be nice, especially on what he donks with

Why did you raise his donk bet? Reason I am asking is that capable players are more likely to b/f or b/3b when they donk in my experience, and you dont seem to happy about being 3bet

Im not so sure you are beat all the time but I dont know villain. KJ AsQx, KxQs etc, can he play any of these that way? Im not sure what your hand looks like to him, he may think he can get you to fold a huge part of his range. Its prob a fold, but I dont think I like flatting flop 3bet unless your usually calling a turn bet
  • edited July 2011
    Reads would be nice, especially on what he donks with Why did you raise his donk bet? Reason I am asking is that capable players are more likely to b/f or b/3b when they donk in my experience, and you dont seem to happy about being 3bet Im not so sure you are beat all the time but I dont know villain. KJ AsQx, KxQs etc, can he play any of these that way? Im not sure what your hand looks like to him, he may think he can get you to fold a huge part of his range. Its prob a fold, but I dont think I like flatting flop 3bet unless your usually calling a turn bet
    Posted by grantorino
    villain is member of team sky poker, so is v.good player, but one of the more tight players, very solid though! (well he is online, kinda spewy on the UK cash game lol!)
  • edited July 2011
    Hmm... i probs just call the flop and try and keep it small, Glitterbabe is mega tight and he would never do this light, i proablly fold, what did you do?
  • edited July 2011
    knowing gb as a solid player not putting is stack at risk with nothing i think got a 10 or aq of spades be vrey carefull dohhhhhhhh
  • edited July 2011
    hes re raised u on the flop so hes defo hit the flop big   then allin on turn defo fold
  • edited July 2011
    It does look extremely like a low flopped flush like 56, 67, 78 spades then there is KJ. I believe he would be slow playing AX spades and is trying to ship before another spade peels. But i'm calling, all the time.
  • edited July 2011
    Foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold

JJ

Foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold

xxx
  • edited July 2011
    Reads would be nice, especially on what he donks with Why did you raise his donk bet? Reason I am asking is that capable players are more likely to b/f or b/3b when they donk in my experience, and you dont seem to happy about being 3bet Im not so sure you are beat all the time but I dont know villain. KJ AsQx, KxQs etc, can he play any of these that way? Im not sure what your hand looks like to him, he may think he can get you to fold a huge part of his range. Its prob a fold, but I dont think I like flatting flop 3bet unless your usually calling a turn bet
    Posted by grantorino

i lol'd
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re:?????? : i lol'd
    Posted by sikas
    At what? He donkbet, it just means he leads into preflop raiser, Im not suggesting he's a donk

I dont think this is as easy a fold as some of you are making out (If some of you have played lots with villain it may be), and I would be interested to see how many actually fold it at the table.  To me it seems to depend on a lot of things.

How many flushes are in his range for flatting pre oop, prob a good few as they are deep. However he may 3bet some of them such as AsQs or Arag suited, even suited connectors

Does he ever flat JJ,KK? I doubt it

How would he play KJ on this flop? Would he play the nutflush as strongly as this?

What range does he put doh on after the raise/call on the flop?

I think its prob a fold on turn, not sure we cant profitably 4bet flo and get it in though
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re:?????? : At what? He donkbet, it just means he leads into preflop raiser, Im not suggesting he's a donk I dont think this is as easy a fold as some of you are making out (If some of you have played lots with villain it may be), and I would be interested to see how many actually fold it at the table.  To me it seems to depend on a lot of things. How many flushes are in his range for flatting pre oop, prob a good few as they are deep. However he may 3bet some of them such as AsQs or Arag suited, even suited connectors Does he ever flat JJ,KK? I doubt it How would he play KJ on this flop? Would he play the nutflush as strongly as this? What range does he put doh on after the raise/call on the flop? I think its prob a fold on turn, not sure we cant profitably 4bet flo and get it in though
    Posted by grantorino

lol im not having a go, was just thought it was funny associating a TSP with the word 'Donk'
  • edited July 2011
    lol, this is excatly the same as a hand i was involved with him, i flopped a set of 2's and raised his donk bet, but he only called and then another diamond came to stop me stacking off
  • edited July 2011
    GB can have JJJ or KKK, if he thinks dohhh will barrel with air he will flat pre.
    The overbet on the turn looks to be a higher set/non nut flush.  
    I cant ever see him doing this with any 2 pair hands.

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re:?????? : lol im not having a go, was just thought it was funny associating a TSP with the word 'Donk'
    Posted by sikas

he said its a DONK BET. not that he is a donk, for like the 35th time, he didn't call him a donk, look it up.