You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO20, cbetting with weak draw multi way?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Not really sure when to c bet in PLO, I've iso'd the limpers with a decent hand that flops alot of straight draws. I also have a weak flush draw which hits....

Am I supposed to check behind here or bet out?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOWSETT5 Big blind  £0.20 £0.20 £6.93
  Your hole cards

BANDICOOT Fold     
scouse1234 Call  £0.20 £0.40 £3.44
safc20 Call  £0.20 £0.60 £20.19
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.00 £1.60 £23.24
DOWSETT5 Fold     
scouse1234 Call  £0.80 £2.40 £2.64
safc20 Call  £0.80 £3.20 £19.39
Flop

• Q

scouse1234 Check     
safc20 Check     
DOHHHHHHH
;)

Comments

• edited July 2011
    im by no means an expert in Omaha, but even if you hit the flush its nowhere near the nut flush

i think u should fold pre, as played, you could maybe represent a hand with a bet but don't get attached to draws that dont give you the nuts or near nuts
  • edited July 2011
    one of the main things about c-betting in omaha is you should have a reason for doing it. Most c-betting is automatic and needs to be avoided. After raising pre you need to hit the flop before c-betting whether it be after making your hand or just flopping a big draw. Bluff c-betting should be avoided  at all costs because it is just a very good way to throw money away.

When considering the c-bet in this hand we have 3 considerations.

1) What type of hands the callers might have
    2) What type of hands they might put you on (always be aware of your table image)
    3) Knowing that you are bluffing with no hand and no realistic draw what are the chances of getting them to fold to your bet.

So all told you really have onnly one way of winning and that is to bet but there are too many people playing who cant fold top pair or any flush draw so realistically no c-bet is getting through so in this case i think give up and move onto the next hand. With better opponent reads available then a c-bet is possible but readless you just have to give up.

On a sidenote i like your choice of starting hand because it is a hand with lots of ways to win and not just reliant on having a big PP.
  • edited July 2011
    the starting hand is an interesting discusson

while double suited and reasonably connected, all the literature i've read basically advises against low cards as you end up losing too many hands flush over flush and with straights to higher straights