You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Call/fold? - and why?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Trying to figure out this range thing again.

Against an oppo you've never seen/played before, what range would you assign him on this river bet?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
carpinon Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £38.50
GliterBabe Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £96.07
  Your hole cards
  • Q

Jibbz Fold     
Cuthy_bhoy Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £51.48
carpinon Call  £1.25 £3.50 £37.25
GliterBabe Fold     
Flop

• Q

carpinon Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £2.50 £6.00 £48.98
carpinon Call  £2.50 £8.50 £34.75
Turn

• K

carpinon Check     
DOHHHHHHH Check     
River

carpinon Bet  £4.25 £12.75 £30.50
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited July 2011
    fold
    2 open enders both get there
    doubt he's Vbetting less than one pair, unless he caught the K
    don't like calling here at all though

for his range, 10J,JQ/KQ,QA(poss), all PP but he wouldn't Vbet unless hit set, 2-pair, 9Q,K9 etc .... but it's hard to say without history on what he 3-bets with, if he's loose/passive he could have an even wider range here
  • edited July 2011
    I cant stop myself from calling in spots like this v unknown players cos at the very least i get info for future hands but then again ive only been playing 3 month or so and im prob still easy money ))
  • edited July 2011
    I call a lot here, but thinking about it Im not to sure why. Looks like a fold readless

I would also check back the flop sometimes
  • edited July 2011
    I call this sort of thing to get a read on the player. Again, i dunno why, but we will be winning enough times to justify it i think.

• edited July 2011
    I am a dirty little nit so i fold this but it is sometimes +ve to call for info when its a newbie to you. I think your behind in the hand though when he bets the river.
  • edited July 2011
    the only way i could understand a call would be because a lot of players do completely over-rep their hands, seen it so many times! Or i always see people floating with something like A8 trying to catch an A or backdoor draws - so looking back, i don't think a call would be TOO bad, although i think it's still pretty bad lol p.s. try make sense of that!!