You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

VbetHowMuch?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic

In previous few handS I'd doubled the same player up, they limped A3cc, I made it 6x from the sb w/ AQ, they floated an A 7 8 flop, then snap jammed when the turn was a 3.

Thats the only hand I'd seen, no previous notes.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
yupster69 Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £22.81
rozybaby21 Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £35.14
  Your hole cards
  • Q

Petrachek1 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.60 £2.20 £38.40
Bergman Fold     
yupster69 Fold     
rozybaby21 Call  £1.20 £3.40 £33.94
Flop

rozybaby21 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £2.55 £5.95 £35.85
rozybaby21 Call  £2.55 £8.50 £31.39
Turn

rozybaby21 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £6.00 £14.50 £29.85
rozybaby21 Call  £6.00 £20.50 £25.39
River

rozybaby21 Check     
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I think its a clear check back if your only read is he called a bet with tpnk (not really a float?) and then jammed when he turned 2 pair, unless maybe hes seen you fire 3 barrells with air
  • edited July 2011
    Thin value, i'd probz check it back
    if i was Vbetting i'd be betting something less than 50% of pot, around £7/8 .. think it's deffo a check though
  • edited July 2011
    Agree with the check back here you cannot be sure what he has xx
  • edited July 2011
  • edited July 2011
    Whats your plan if you v-bet and he comes over the top? Would you call him then or bet-fold?

I have to agree with the majority and prob check back then get annoyed when i have won the hand that i didnt bet the river!
  • edited July 2011
    I just check, could never find the Vbet here
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: VbetHowMuch?:
    Whats your plan if you v-bet and he comes over the top? Would you call him then or bet-fold? I have to agree with the majority and prob check back then get annoyed when i have won the hand that i didnt bet the river!
    Posted by DrSharp
    Even if we win the hand that doesnt necessarily mean we can vbet river
  • edited July 2011
    Thin value, i'd probz check it back if i was Vbetting i'd be betting something less than 50% of pot, around £7/8 .. think it's deffo a check though
    Posted by percival09

This is what I was considering. 

Similar to my other hand I posted to day, I felt something was right, but I couldn't justify it.

I felt like I could get him to call 6/7 quid but couldn't think of any hands he could possibly call me with that I could beat, other than TJ!

....... ????
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: VbetHowMuch? : Even if we win the hand that doesnt necessarily mean we can vbet river
    Posted by grantorino

I know but its still annoying. Flip side is v-betting the river and then facing a shove. Looks like DOHHHHHH is ahead in this hand to me but i dont think i would v-bet the river even though its probably good.

• edited July 2011
    don't think it's +ev to bet, K10 A10 are within his range, as are J10, 108 etc .. he could even just have a 5 or some PP like 77 .... if you had more reads on villain then you could profitably decide what's the best decision.checking and seeing what he's been calling you down with is probz best option, maybe losing value but picking up good info on his pre calling range/ how light he calls you down post flop
  • edited July 2011
    don't think it's +ev to bet, K10 A10 are within his range, as are J10, 108 etc .. he could even just have a 5 or some PP like 77 .... if you had more reads on villain then you could profitably decide what's the best decision. checking and seeing what he's been calling you down with is probz best option, maybe losing value but picking up good info on his pre calling range/ how light he calls you down post flop
    Posted by percival09
    Pingggggg :)
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: VbetHowMuch? : Pingggggg :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol! take it you checked it down then yeah? 
  • edited July 2011

Nah felt I could get another bet, so went for 6.50. 

Obviously a bad move long term though, I had a sinking feeling when he snap called, which probably means it was wrong and I got lucky.
  • edited July 2011
    well he often has 66-88 here, sometimes Tx, very rarely better. We are always called by the better hands, so it depends how often JT,T8, pocket pairs make the call. Its pretty thin I think checking is prob better, but people love to call so idk