You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Table balancing

Playing a BH MTT right now, there are 13 left and the tables are broken into 5,4,4.

There are 4 big stacks left of the 13 and all four are on the same table. This seems a little bit off, especially in a BH where typically the big stacks have whittled down the others so they are now small stacks and there for the taking.

So the question is: When the tables are balanced, is there any way of doing this so that roughly the same amount of chips are at each table?

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I have moved this over to the community suggestions forum as I think there will be more chance of one of the Sky peeps seeings it here. I somehow don't think its going to be possible but I am sure someone will let you know for sure shortly.

Steve
  • edited July 2011
    Hi BigBluster,

I can see this is an issue which needs addressing. It may be hard to implement however as I am not sure the system would be able to do it automatically.
    I will look into it and let you know if anything can be done.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited July 2011
    Have looked at this before many times when coming to the end of a tourney. I think it needs to be a purely random selection for tables. The only criteria being that you move from one table into a similar blind position on whichever table you are being moved to.

It does seem to occur on a fairly regular basis when the tables are narrowed down and oftn have looked and thought great 40 players left and three of the top 6 on my table but hopefully you'll get the better of it next time.