You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky??

i only played in 2 tourneys today, and its so predictable...i get player to put his chips in behind and then bang that stupid river again.......i must have slept with the wife of somone who works at sky to keep getting screwed like this day in day out.....SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCK

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Biggsy31 Small blind  100.00 100.00 4015.00
tonytubs65 Big blind  200.00 300.00 33397.50
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

MP33 Fold     
bigjh Call  200.00 500.00 8227.50
BURNShurtz Raise  1000.00 1500.00 6660.00
Bazmataz09 Fold     
Biggsy31 Fold     
tonytubs65 Call  800.00 2300.00 32597.50
bigjh Call  800.00 3100.00 7427.50
Flop

• K

tonytubs65 Check     
bigjh Check     
BURNShurtz All-in  6660.00 9760.00 0.00
tonytubs65 Call  6660.00 16420.00 25937.50
bigjh Fold     
tonytubs65 Show
  • Q

BURNShurtz Show
  • A
  • A

Turn

River

• Q

tonytubs65 Win Two Pairs, Queens and 9s 16420.00  42357.50
idiot lucker!!!!

Comments

• edited July 2011
    easy solution, if you don't want luck to play a factor, take up chess
  • edited July 2011
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    a bit of an overreaction maybe?

It happens you cant do anything about it, vent if you like but its just a standard hand in any poker players day
  • edited July 2011

lol tell me your reply is a joke! posting ur address n wanting a fight cos of a funny reply, what did you want to hear?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky??:
    lol tell me your reply is a joke! posting ur address n wanting a fight cos of a funny reply, what did you want to hear?
    Posted by Norbit
    who said anything about a fight??? that would be threatening behaviour which could be classed as a criminal offence.
  • edited July 2011
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ a bit of an overreaction maybe? It happens you cant do anything about it, vent if you like but its just a standard hand in any poker players day
    Posted by grantorino
    what maybe standard to you GT, happens to me alot. could be the little amount i play....maybe
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky?? : lmao, funny man you... the problem is id just get beat by over smart 16 year olds like you. steven bromage 19 coadwaungar sennybridge brecon powys ld3 8tp thats my address, if your a smart man you will know what i expect you to do next, anytime as long as my wife isnt there. bring some friends if you want feed up of people who have to hide behind pc screens. feel free to give me yours i can travel.
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    psyyyychhhooooooooo
  • edited July 2011

In Response to Re: what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky?? : who said anything about a fight??? that would be threatening behaviour which could be classed as a criminal offence.
    Posted by BURNShurtz

So why else would you want him to come round when your wife isn't there ?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky?? : So why else would you want him to come round when your wife isn't there ?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    errrrrrrrrrrrrrmmm im beginning to see how that mite sound not right...........
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky?? : psyyyychhhooooooooo
    Posted by percival09
    why??
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky?? : lmao, funny man you... the problem is id just get beat by over smart 16 year olds like you. steven bromage 19 coadwaungar sennybridge brecon powys ld3 8tp thats my address, if your a smart man you will know what i expect you to do next, anytime as long as my wife isnt there. bring some friends if you want feed up of people who have to hide behind pc screens. feel free to give me yours i can travel.
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    on second thoughts just go grow a sense of humour. And some maturity while you're at it. May your varience be horrible :)
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky?? : on second thoughts just go grow a sense of humour. And some maturity while you're at it. May your varience be horrible :)
    Posted by bigandy18
    its spelt VARIANCE for starters, and its already the worst in poker so your comment is not a very valid statment.
    maybe you should grow same balls. and some inteligents while you're at it.
  • edited July 2011
    wow massive overraction here! CHILL OUT!

also massive overstatement the worst variance in poker so cant get any lower, im sure thats not right. Everyone will claim there is worse ever mines 2 weeks at mo online feels bad but some people go months,years depends on how much your playing and you just need to keep getting in good making the correct plays and it shall turn around.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky?? : its spelt VARIANCE for starters, and its already the worst in poker so your comment is not a very valid statment. maybe you should grow same balls. and some inteligents while you're at it.
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    it's statement, some and intelligence. Have fun :)
  • edited July 2011
    wow massive overraction here! CHILL OUT! also massive overstatement the worst variance in poker so cant get any lower, im sure thats not right. Everyone will claim there is worse ever mines 2 weeks at mo online feels bad but some people go months,years depends on how much your playing and you just need to keep getting in good making the correct plays and it shall turn around.
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    i am chilled YG, iv been waiting for it to turn round for almost 4 years now. maybe it is the amount i play.
    i would say i play on average 5 tourneys a week, which is a very small amount but that is 1000 or so tornys over 4 years so if variance is such a fair thing when will i start get the good variance???
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky?? : it's statement, some and intelligence. Have fun :)
    Posted by bigandy18
    that will teach me to pay attention to my spelling!
    no sign of your address yet?????
  • edited July 2011
    Im going to assume this is low stakes or freeroll??

Pot control pot control pot control pot control for me bud.  Not that it helps here, UL
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky?? : that will teach me to pay attention to my spelling! no sign of your address yet?????
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    you spotted that? i don't really want a pen pal thanks :)
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky?? : you spotted that? i don't really want a pen pal thanks :)
    Posted by bigandy18
    thats ok, im not big into writing. do you ever try to get on the SPT???
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky?? : i am chilled YG, iv been waiting for it to turn round for almost 4 years now. maybe it is the amount i play. i would say i play on average 5 tourneys a week, which is a very small amount but that is 1000 or so tornys over 4 years so if variance is such a fair thing when will i start get the good variance???
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    In that case maybe your a losing player! no offence intended here as the majority are, if over 4 years you cant make a profit then you need to look at your game a bit more.

Over 1k hands variance should not be a huge factor as thats still an ok sample size, ive seen you play but your not too bad either all i can suggest is you speak with people on m sn or through here somehow and try to improve your game or just double check your makeing the correct calls/raises/folds if someone else looks at your game it may be easier for them to find out your leaks rather then you as you may have just picked up and not realised how bad it is and so on.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: what do i have to do to stop people getting lucky?? : In that case maybe your a losing player! no offence intended here as the majority are, if over 4 years you cant make a profit then you need to look at your game a bit more. Over 1k hands variance should not be a huge factor as thats still an ok sample size, ive seen you play but your not too bad either all i can suggest is you speak with people on m sn or through here somehow and try to improve your game or just double check your makeing the correct calls/raises/folds if someone else looks at your game it may be easier for them to find out your leaks rather then you as you may have just picked up and not realised how bad it is and so on.
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    none taken.
    i got an idea to test the variance theory out and will start that tonight.
    how many hands would be a large enough sample size??
  • edited July 2011
    Hi Burnshurtz, I have deleted your post that included your address and have sent you a PM.

Steve
  • edited July 2011
    Hi Burnshurtz, I have deleted your post that included your address and have sent you a PM. Steve
    Posted by Mod_Kiwini
    :)
  • edited July 2011

Leaving aside the comments about people wives etc it is incredibly frustrating getting your money in miles ahead and losing, ive lost Q's v 9's, K's v 6's and A 10 v K10, ive also been called all in By Queen v ace high and lost this has happened in £10 dyms to me today.

I would say these are not of the actions of a losing poker player, but yet I still did its very frustrating especially when trying build your bankroll, i know there is a lot of luck involved in poker but it still hurts none the less and you cant blame people for being frustrated.