You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Roller and Sunday Roller

The Roller tournaments on Sky are in my opinion excellent tournaments, small fields with big prizes. For many players the buy ins of £110 and £220 are above bankroll ( i appreciate this is why the tourneys are for high rollers) but how about a really reasonably priced satelite to offer an opportunity for someone who may be a beginner or just someone who loves the game but can not afford that buy in , to qualify for 1 of these great tournaments. Im thinking along the lines of

£110 sky roller - £1 MTT - 2 minute blinds - winner gets a seat.

£220 Sunday roller - £2 MTT - 2 minute blinds - winner gets a seat.

Reason for 2 minute blinds is to make it fast , furious and exciting

both tourneys would require 110 runners for sky to break even, but surely there are 110 players minimum who would jump at an opportunity to get into a 5K and 8K guaranteed tournament for £1 and £2 respectively?

Let me know guys
Good luck at the tables
John

Comments

• edited July 2011
    you can get in for as little as £2.62 i think? correct me if im wrong, there are also direct satelites on day which are good winner takes all max 25 runners their good value too, i honestly think you will never get 100 + even at £1 for a sat unless it was advertises differently

all satelites need to be changed really