You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A Team Forum

2»

Comments

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum:
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : you are always sharing your views with the forums why not be part of it. its human nature to be part of a group. to many people live a lonely life without friends , forgotten, looking at their computer trying to reach out but failing. the only true contact is the knock on the door . its the takeaway man with your meal. you pay him he goes nice man. im sure if you asked a team would welcome you in. go on be part of a family. feel wanted.be happy. be part of a rail, you will never look back
    Posted by drumahai05
    I am captain of the reigning sky poker team champions.

If and when sky poker finally put on another proper, organised team competition, me and my team will be raring to go, ready to defend our crown.

• edited July 2011
    LOL before all this team malarchy come along it was constant moaning etc thats all you can read in GPC now your moaning that theres too much you can easily just skip them. its all part of the banter and you dont have to be a part of the team to join in. i gurantee GPC would be 9/10 im leaving threads or moaning if they create a team seaction on the forum i am infact totally against it altogether easier to find all good things in GPC saves siving through rubbish etc Jesus i think you will fit in area51 maybe they have a vacancy....
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

errr ....... NO!

• edited July 2011
    LOL before all this team malarchy come along it was constant moaning etc thats all you can read in GPC now your moaning that theres too much you can easily just skip them. its all part of the banter and you dont have to be a part of the team to join in. i gurantee GPC would be 9/10 im leaving threads or moaning if they create a team seaction on the forum i am infact totally against it altogether easier to find all good things in GPC saves siving through rubbish etc Jesus i think you will fit in area51 maybe they have a vacancy....
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    so someone who does not share your views is automatically chucked into area 51 because they must me mad.. your ignorance astounds me!!! an opinion is just an opinion it is not necessarily right or wrong just an opinion.. 
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : This is just not so - any replies go on the same thread and even with a thousand replies on a thread it has no effect on any other thread.
    Posted by elsadog
    well it does because the thread with the most recent replies goes to the top!!!! so the numerous team threads will always be at the top due to the constant drivel that is on them...also is it necessary for their to be more then 1 thread for each team..
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : I am captain of the reigning sky poker team champions. If and when sky poker finally put on another proper, organised team competition, me and my team will be raring to go, ready to defend our crown.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
           if and when sky do i must remember to duff my cap sir. we are talking about teams organised by us not sky be part of us within sky for the benifit of us.sky get the spin off good luck to them. this is about being apart of something that the state did not create, think about it.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : I am captain of the reigning sky poker team champions. If and when sky poker finally put on another proper, organised team competition, me and my team will be raring to go, ready to defend our crown.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

That is insulting to the guys who work so hard to make the DTD a success. 

• edited July 2011
    I agree with Maxally.........and YES there should be a seperate teams section and do away with the stupid stupid ridiculous Poker Clinic (which btw still posts hand histories with players names in them all the time, even though this is NOT supposed to happen???? pls explain )

Oh and as regarding the original issue............why not post the suggestion of Team Section in the Community suggestions area???

just a thought
  • edited July 2011
    I agree with Maxally.........and YES there should be a seperate teams section and do away with the stupid stupid ridiculous Poker Clinic (which btw still posts hand histories with players names in them all the time, even though this is NOT supposed to happen???? pls explain ) Oh and as regarding the original issue............why not post the suggestion of Team Section in the Community suggestions area??? just a thought
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    does anything need to be closed down for this to happen???

is their only space for so many different sections???
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum :       if and when sky do i must remember to duff my cap sir. we are talking about teams organised by us not sky be part of us within sky for the benifit of us.sky get the spin off good luck to them. this is about being apart of something that the state did not create, think about it.
    Posted by drumahai05
    I'm not talking about the naff "team red, team blue, team green thing" that I didn't participate in.

I'm talking about the original "sky poker team championship" - teams of 10, which were picked by the participants.

I believe this is how TKP was born, from 2 of the losing teams in this competition merging together.

The winning team in this inaugrial sky poker team championships, was a team called "TEAM DOHHHHHHH", created, captained, and organised by myself. 

It was a fun week of poker. Lets do it again.

Each team (there were 40+ teams of 10) had their own thread in the sky poker tournaments section of the forum. 

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : well it does because the thread with the most recent replies goes to the top!!!! so the numerous team threads will always be at the top due to the constant drivel that is on them...also is it necessary for their to be more then 1 thread for each team..
    Posted by jesusdog22

Go and troll somewhere else.

You've made 200 posts, hardly a reg are you - and don't say it's because the forum is clogged up with ''constant drivel'' because your m8 Dohhhhhhh is on 9000 posts.

Go and cause trouble elsewhere - I know....... you could have your own ''have a whinge'' section and leave the majority of the forum in peace.

• edited July 2011
    im just wondering if elsa and jesus are related???? or is 1 a poodle and the other a rotty??? hmmmmmmm
  • edited July 2011
    Yes we do limit the amount of forums as too many becomes too much to moderate, we also limit the number of sticky threads to keep the top of the forum clear.

The team of moderators (Sky and community) communicate over every decision made using another media, we are made up of team members and non team members.

If you have a suggestion about new forums, where posts should go, loss of new players to Sky then there is a forum called COMMUNITY SUGGESTIONS for you to air your views and the Sky moderation team will consider anything posted on there.

This poll will move to that forum now and hopefully the other thread will get constructive or it can be closed.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : Go and troll somewhere else. You've made 200 posts, hardly a reg are you - and don't say it's because the forum is clogged up with ''constant drivel'' because your m8 Dohhhhhhh is on 9000 posts. Go and cause trouble elsewhere - I know....... you could have your own ''have a whinge'' section and leave the majority of the forum in peace.
    Posted by elsadog
    i am not a troll just because i disagree with you, and your suggestion that my opinion does not matter because i have not posted a lot  is hardly a way to encourage new players is it..by the way dohhh is not my mate i have never met him we just happen to agree on this.is this how you respond when someone disagrees with you!!! i am not causing trouble i could say that you are causing trouble for disagreeing with me but i wont because i am an adult and understand we as people are allowed different opinions
  • edited July 2011
    Yes we do limit the amount of forums as too many becomes too much to moderate, we also limit the number of sticky threads to keep the top of the forum clear. The team of moderators (Sky and community) communicate over every decision made using another media, we are made up of team members and non team members. If you have a suggestion about new forums, where posts should go, loss of new players to Sky then there is a forum called COMMUNITY SUGGESTIONS for you to air your views and the Sky moderation team will consider anything posted on there. This poll will move to that forum now and hopefully the other thread will get constructive or it can be closed.
    Posted by SolarCarro
    in that case then i think we should get rid of the clinic.these questions can e asked in GPC, which may also help it fill the void left my the team stuff...also a little side note,are all the monitors involved in a team,if so should they be as they are not exactly going to be unbiased in their decisions
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : i am not a troll just because i disagree with you, and your suggestion that my opinion does not matter because i have not posted a lot  is hardly a way to encourage new players is it..by the way dohhh is not my mate i have never met him we just happen to agree on this.is this how you respond when someone disagrees with you!!! i am not causing trouble i could say that you are causing trouble for disagreeing with me but i wont because i am an adult and understand we as people are allowed different opinions
    Posted by jesusdog22

You are a troll - you're arguing with Jaeger on another thread and he's AGREEING with you!!

• edited July 2011
    mmmmmmmmmm.....Foooooooooood!!!

On ya head son, turn this into Several Fishes and some Wine!!!  Hallejujah!!

[Then visit ma wine & Dining thread please Lord!!]

JULY DTD Team League, Week 1!! Team points as follows

COMP /

PLAYER                 team points

DP STK

DP STK

8.30 TOTY

TOTAL

POS

LOONYTOONS           10

KKRIPPLER                 9

STOCKY8A1                8

ACHILL                       7

KEVCOKE69            6

ACIDMAN27               5

TREMAYNE                 4

ELSADOG                   3

MAXALLY                    2

STOKEFC                   1

JULY DTD TEAM LEAGUE TABLE !! WEEK 1

Team                                           Runners   Points  Wins    LEAGUE POINTS

TEAM 51                                         18            26           1                 5

TEAM POKERTREV                         16             9            1                 4

TEAM NINJA PLONKERS                  5             9            0                 3

TEAM KNIGHTPLOP                       13             2            0                 2

TEAM HITSQUAD                           16             0            0                 1

[Ps, you can join The HitSquad, if waiting for an invite was all this was about, we could do with some inspiration this month]

pps, could you please ask your Dad to fix ma Orange Paint thingy, its run out????
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : You are a troll - you're arguing with Jaeger on another thread and he's AGREEING with you!!
    Posted by elsadog
    i misread his post thats all, please stop insulting me with your persoanl attacks,by all means argue your point but just typig insults is pointless,if that ia all you can do i feel bad for you
  • edited July 2011
    Haha, love the way this thread has been moved. Gotta love a good sense of humour.
  • edited July 2011
    mmmmmmmmmm.....Foooooooooood!!! On ya head son, turn this into Several Fishes and some Wine!!!  Hallejujah!!    [Then visit ma wine & Dining thread please Lord!!] JULY DTD Team League, Week 1!! Team points as follows COMP / PLAYER                 team points 7.15 DP STK 7.45 DP STK 8.30 TOTY TOTAL POS LOONYTOONS           10 24 16 19 59 1 KKRIPPLER                 9 20 28 17 65 2 STOCKY8A1                8 34 3 29 66 3 ACHILL                       7 8 66 6 80 4 KEVCOKE69            6 75 2 11 88 5 ACIDMAN27               5 44 11 38 93 6 TREMAYNE                 4 12 78 21 111 7 ELSADOG                   3 22 15 75 112 8 MAXALLY                    2 43 12 62 117 9 STOKEFC                   1 46 52 23 121 10 JULY DTD TEAM LEAGUE TABLE !! WEEK 1 Team                                           Runners   Points  Wins    LEAGUE POINTS TEAM 51                                         18            26           1                 5 TEAM POKERTREV                         16             9            1                 4 TEAM NINJA PLONKERS                  5             9            0                 3 TEAM KNIGHTPLOP                       13             2            0                 2 TEAM HITSQUAD                           16             0            0                 1 [Ps, you can join The HitSquad, if waiting for an invite was all this was about, we could do with some inspiration this month] pps, could you please ask your Dad to fix ma Orange Paint thingy, its run out????
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

i would be a very stupid boy if after all this i joined the team,i do not wish to but thanks for the invitation,with regards to this someone told me the DTD was not about the teams.seems they were wrong
  • edited July 2011
    mmmmmmmmmm.....Foooooooooood!!! On ya head son, turn this into Several Fishes and some Wine!!!  Hallejujah!!    [Then visit ma wine & Dining thread please Lord!!] JULY DTD Team League, Week 1!! Team points as follows COMP / PLAYER                 team points 7.15 DP STK 7.45 DP STK 8.30 TOTY TOTAL POS LOONYTOONS           10 24 16 19 59 1 KKRIPPLER                 9 20 28 17 65 2 STOCKY8A1                8 34 3 29 66 3 ACHILL                       7 8 66 6 80 4 KEVCOKE69            6 75 2 11 88 5 ACIDMAN27               5 44 11 38 93 6 TREMAYNE                 4 12 78 21 111 7 ELSADOG                   3 22 15 75 112 8 MAXALLY                    2 43 12 62 117 9 STOKEFC                   1 46 52 23 121 10 JULY DTD TEAM LEAGUE TABLE !! WEEK 1 Team                                           Runners   Points  Wins    LEAGUE POINTS TEAM 51                                         18            26           1                 5 TEAM POKERTREV                         16             9            1                 4 TEAM NINJA PLONKERS                  5             9            0                 3 TEAM KNIGHTPLOP                       13             2            0                 2 TEAM HITSQUAD                           16             0            0                 1 [Ps, you can join The HitSquad, if waiting for an invite was all this was about, we could do with some inspiration this month] pps, could you please ask your Dad to fix ma Orange Paint thingy, its run out????
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

Thanks for that HM ...... and all the work you personally put into producing it.

I'm sure you guys will all bounce back - so I won't gloat just yet :o)

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : Thanks for that HM ...... and all the work you personally put into producing it. I'm sure you guys will all bounce back - so I won't gloat just yet :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    sorry but i dont think this is the DTD thread.....
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : i would be a very stupid boy if after all this i joined the team,i do not wish to but thanks for the invitation,with regards to this someone told me the DTD was not about the teams.seems they were wrong
    Posted by jesusdog22
    Hey just think of it as a resurrection!!

The Offer is OPEN serious!!

I think most would overwhelmingly respect you if you did!!

I Love an Under Dog & Rebel, Am One myself and the Hitsquad is Full of em!! LOL

It Is Still an individual tournament, and you can play as you feel!!  

I Can Save You Brother, CAN U SAVE ME!!

GL, Run Good & WALK ON WATER!!! {dont sink}!!
  • edited July 2011
    Haha, love the way this thread has been moved. Gotta love a good sense of humour.
    Posted by yuranASSet
    Lol! yeh that's quality.

The Comm suggestions bit is like a metaphorical dustbin on here though, it's dumped here and forgotten about, never to be seen again :(

-----------

I didn't intend to offend the organisers of DTD btw, but they admit, that it isn't a team comp. I'm hoping for a proper, structured team comp, like the first 1.

DTD is what it is, and it works, but success is measured by how long you last in a tournament, not by how well you do in the tournament. For example if I had played in all three tournaments last night, won 2, but exited the third in the very first hand, I'd have finished half way down the table despite being the most successful player in the competition.

Difference with the "proper, structured", team competition, is it was judged properly, by how much money each team earnt over a series of tournaments. 

I believe recently the DTD co-organiser, Scouse, has been leading the push for a new team comp. 

Bring on plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sky!
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : Hey just think of it as a resurrection!! The Offer is OPEN serious!! I think most would overwhelmingly respect you if you did!! I Love an Under Dog & Rebel, Am One myself and the Hitsquad is Full of em!! LOL It Is Still an individual tournament, and you can play as you feel!!   I Can Save You Brother, CAN U SAVE ME!! GL, Run Good & WALK ON WATER!!! {dont sink}!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    well if i ever felt the need to join a team then it would be yours sir, but i would think there is more chance of west brom winning the premiership then that ever happening...
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : well if i ever felt the need to join a team then it would be yours sir, but i would think there is more chance of west brom winning the premiership then that ever happening...
    Posted by jesusdog22
    ok thnks, Good Luck

I Do actuallly understand you arguements & points, & think u have put them across well!!

remember, we are actually only talkin about 3 Smaller tournies on a Monday nite!!

But there is an argument to put all the Team threads in a separate area, but would this allow new players, or importantly NEW Forumites who may have been playin this site & others for ages to join in!!

Please have a quick read of 'HitSquad goin to Cardiff' in sky poker tourneys, then 'HitSquad HotNews' in GPC, it will take u 4 minutes and you will see how this escalated!!

I played on here for 6 months without posting , FFS !!! Till A Film thread caught mi Eye, and the Legends that are EmilyEgg, IrishRover, Candi & Maxally started talkin to me!!

Wasna Bothered Before, Now i can waste an hour a day, at some point on here......lol...SEE JUST HAVE DONE!!

GL !!!!!!!
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : Lol! yeh that's quality. The Comm suggestions bit is like a metaphorical dustbin on here though, it's dumped here and forgotten about, never to be seen again :( ----------- I didn't intend to offend the organisers of DTD btw, but they admit, that it isn't a team comp. I'm hoping for a proper, structured team comp, like the first 1. DTD is what it is, and it works, but success is measured by how long you last in a tournament, not by how well you do in the tournament. For example if I had played in all three tournaments last night, won 2, but exited the third in the very first hand, I'd have finished half way down the table despite being the most successful player in the competition. Difference with the "proper, structured", team competition, is it was judged properly, by how much money each team earnt over a series of tournaments.  I believe recently the DTD co-organiser, Scouse, has been leading the push for a new team comp.  Bring on plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sky!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

HAHA, for sure. What it also means as that the mods obviously Read the thread. 

and then put it in the bin. 

Which would be a shame because I think their are a couple of good ideas. A Sticky for DTD and a Team thread right at the very top, under forum topics, 5 times bigger than any other link.