You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Would you fold or call?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Mid-way through a live tournament you are in the big blind with 50K in chips (close to chip lead) and wake up with pocket aces. A tight player in an early position raises to 2400 (blinds 200/400), he has a similar stack to you.

You re-raise to 6000 and he calls. The flop comes 2 clubs, 9 clubs, Q clubs. You have no club in your hand and bet 12000. He pushes all-in.

Do you call or fold?

I ask this question because I was the player in the early position and made a mistake by calling the 12000 when I feel I should have pushed all-in or folded. I had JJ and one was a club.

After calling on the flop a nothing card came on the turn and he bet 16000. At this stage I could have got away from the hand, but with only 1 over card on the board and the flush draw I pushed and he called.

Could I have got him off his AA by pushing after the flop? He knew i had a decent starting hand and could easily have had 99 or QQ or 2 big clubs.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Would you fold or call?:
    Mid-way through a live tournament you are in the big blind with 50K in chips (close to chip lead) and wake up with pocket aces. A tight player in an early position raises to 2400 (blinds 200/400), he has a similar stack to you. You re-raise to 6000 and he calls. The flop comes 2 clubs, 9 clubs, Q clubs. You have no club in your hand and bet 12000. He pushes all-in. Do you call or fold? I ask this question because I was the player in the early position and made a mistake by calling the 12000 when I feel I should have pushed all-in or folded. I had JJ and one was a club. After calling on the flop a nothing card came on the turn and he bet 16000. At this stage I could have got away from the hand, but with only 1 over card on the board and the flush draw I pushed and he called. Could I have got him off his AA by pushing after the flop? He knew i had a decent starting hand and could easily have had 99 or QQ or 2 big clubs.
    Posted by Sky_Bot
    if i had aa preflop and you reraised me i would shove preflop for sure if it got to that flop after calling again im shoving on it if you have flopped a flush or set well that's the way it goes but either way im shoving pre to the reraise or on the flop.
  • edited July 2011
    Im a little confused to the action, pre you open he 3bets u call?

flop he bets u call?

turn he bet/calls your shove?

You are asking should you shove flop?
  • edited July 2011
    I'm with Jackwolf, with AA, I'm prob re-shoving pre but if it does get to the flop, I'm not going anywhere.
  • edited July 2011
    Thanks for that guys!

Yeh I suppose you are right he was never going to get off AA no matter what I did.
  • edited July 2011
    you guys realize we are 125BB deep? you still want to shove AA pre?

I would call a shove with AA on this board, but I think there are some tourney players who fold. I certainly wouldnt be fistpump calling it off