You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

It's a Donks World.

As much as I love the game of poker and indeed playing on Sky Poker I really cannot get my head around some players thought process and ability to understand what they are doing. For instance I am playing in two comp's similtaneously the first comp I am running steadily however there is one player who is raising and three betting nearly every hand with air and getting lucky, I decide to stay out of trouble and pick a nice spot to get involved and this does not take long as I am dealt with AK suited in the cut off, the player in question opens with a gay raise and every one folds to me, I reraise and both of the blinds fold the crazy of the table then shoves all in, now as I have seen most of his show down hands I know his range and instant call and to my delight he shows 7 5 off (my nice spot) flop 6 8 4, no no no my nice spot goes up in smoke and to rub insult into my already bleeding heart the player as the audacity to enter " out played you" in the chat box.
Well I put it down to total donks luck and continue with my other comp, again I am about average in chips and in no trouble having played steady ABC poker and gathering chips as the game goes along, I pick up AA and I am second to act and with the under the gun player folding I raise to 600 which at the time was 4 times the blind, again I have a calling station reraising maniac at the table who immediatley doubles my raise to 1200 and everyone else folds back around to me (happy days) for me in this spot I only have one move and shove all in, wow I am snapped off with such speed I can only assume this guy as QQ KK or AK or possibly the same hand as me AA (it happens we have all seen it) no no no this particular donk as yes the massive hand that is 22, well the poker gods must bless me this time!!!!!!! Flop 2 J 2 well thank you very much poker gods, even my dog ran for instant cover. Why cant these donks fold???? the message was sent to both players who cant fold 7 5 off and 22, ah well it really is a donks world. Bingo anyone???

Comments

• edited July 2011
    If you half a desent player you will win nothing its all about keeping people on the site Tonight i went all in with aces then kings and lost both times to an idiot with nothing .
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: It's a Donks World.: Tell me I have been running really well just lately 2nd in the mini primo on Sunday 4th in the BH Sunday and a few other decent cashes in MTT and on the cash games, then tonight it just seemed like donkville, clowns 3 betting with air pre flop and shoing all in to win 150 chips and then worst of all not being able to fold 7 5 off and 22 when they cannot think for a minute they are good.
    Well if that is how they wont to play let them get on with it, they will bust out more often than not and in the long run players like you and I will prosper in the lon run.
    Keep at it pal, the donks can't win in the long run, the cream always rises to the top and the better player will always come off the best 9 times out of ten. It does make you laugh though when they actually think they can play. Thanks for reading my rant.
    If you half a desent player you will win nothing its all about keeping people on the site Tonight i went all in with aces then kings and lost both times to an idiot with nothing .
    Posted by russ137
  • edited July 2011
    It doesn't concern me that there are players who wil call with any two cards. There will always be a number of newcomers or poor players who will do this. There always has been and they either go bust very quickly or learn to play the game. What does concern me is that they hit so often. This isn't the typical race PP vs overcards or PP vs PP this is junk hitting outrageously time after time. You can and will see it all over the site.

It's the donk-factor.

I had a little taste of it last night. Mr Loose raises UTG and I have AA in BB. All fold to the raise and I move all-in. BB snap calls and shows 94 suited and flops the flush. I'm left with 200 chips and next hand I get KK - all-in and called by AA - when you gotta go, you gotta go.
  • edited July 2011
    I went out of a tourney the same as you Repoman618 to some one with 7 5 off. He'd raised in early position. I'm in the BB so reraise him with A Q suited and he calls. He hits 2 pair on the flop and my chipstack is devastated. Couple of hands later and I'm out.To be honest it's happening that often these days I'm starting to get used to it. What would rile me is that comment you mentioned " I outplayed you"! I'd be looking for a new monitor.
    Totally agree with Elsadog here, he's the voice of reason and we will win in the long run. But it still doesn't help to soften the blow when your out of a tournament due to someone else's bad play
  • edited July 2011
    So very true, I am seeing more and more of this on a few sites but more so on here, and I agree with you they either go bust very quickly, learn to play or stop playing all together, my problem is that with these typical power hands you want one maniac caller thats how you gather a monster stack but time after time you see donk after donk getting lucky and then they either laugh in the chat box or have the audacity to say they out played you. Do these players really believe they can play?? Any way thats for reading my post and keep grinding away its poker % that says the better player will always prevail in the long run. Good luck at the tables.
    It doesn't concern me that there are players who wil call with any two cards. There will always be a number of newcomers or poor players who will do this. There always has been and they either go bust very quickly or learn to play the game. What does concern me is that they hit so often. This isn't the typical race PP vs overcards or PP vs PP this is junk hitting outrageously time after time. You can and will see it all over the site. It's the donk-factor. I had a little taste of it last night. Mr Loose raises UTG and I have AA in BB. All fold to the raise and I move all-in. BB snap calls and shows 94 suited and flops the flush. I'm left with 200 chips and next hand I get KK - all-in and called by AA - when you gotta go, you gotta go.
    Posted by elsadog
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: It's a Donks World.: I agree pal, better players will always be finacially better off than these donk bingo players who do not have the ability to fold or to understand when they are well and truely behind. We keep the faith with the knowledge that the best hand holds up more often than not and that we understand the game. I swear these players just watch the crazy hands shown on TV for good viewing and come away thinking that is how to play!!!!! Good luck and keep at em.
    It doesn't concern me that there are players who wil call with any two cards. There will always be a number of newcomers or poor players who will do this. There always has been and they either go bust very quickly or learn to play the game. What does concern me is that they hit so often. This isn't the typical race PP vs overcards or PP vs PP this is junk hitting outrageously time after time. You can and will see it all over the site. It's the donk-factor. I had a little taste of it last night. Mr Loose raises UTG and I have AA in BB. All fold to the raise and I move all-in. BB snap calls and shows 94 suited and flops the flush. I'm left with 200 chips and next hand I get KK - all-in and called by AA - when you gotta go, you gotta go.
    Posted by elsadog