You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

right move with AQ? and any alternative to calling?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
scouse_red Big blind  600.00 600.00 6115.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

hunskelper Fold     
j3ono Fold     
xxxx Raise  1800.00 2400.00 4985.00
harding10 Raise  4200.00 6600.00 21580.00
scouse_red Fold     
xxxxAll-in  4985.00 11585.00 0.00

Comments

• edited July 2011
    It's a bit of a strange raise from xxxx as he can only shove with that stack so raising is slightly suspicous meaning he wants a call or raise, but even with that I probably just snap shove as you cover him comfortably.
  • edited July 2011
    Yeah i'm getting them in against him, more than likely he has a low pp like 66/77, ship em
  • edited July 2011
    These stacks its insta call
  • edited July 2011
    villain only has like 11BB / 3-betting hoping to get it in is fine
  • edited July 2011
    why would you 3bet him if you are not snapping a shove? Are you bluffing with AQ?
  • edited July 2011
    Once you've put 4,200 in, there's no alternative. His range is wider than The Andes at this point. If he has aces, with your stack, you shrug and move on. If you fold from there, you deserve to spend time contemplating it in an acid bath. Even if you've made a move with 2 7 off, you still call his shove with your stack.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: right move with AQ? and any alternative to calling?:
    Once you've put 4,200 in, there's no alternative. His range is wider than The Andes at this point. If he has aces, with your stack, you shrug and move on. If you fold from there, you deserve to spend time contemplating it in an acid bath. Even if you've made a move with 2 7 off, you still call his shove with your stack.
    Posted by Eyeman
    Acid bath? And I thought opticians were a decent bunch.

I posted a similar sort of hand in the clinic some time ago, but with me not having quite twice the chips of the villain, and was criticised for playing AQs that way so wanted a check on this hand.

Also a little results orientated with the ask because villain had AK. :-(

But happier with the way I played this hand so ty to those who replied.