You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good fold or bad? (Hand Id 389356843)

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
No history with villain at all, flop is pretty good but choose to bet out get flat called and the worse card on turn ever completes flush and Ace is overcard was tempted to shove in and think hey ho but gut was saying at least Ax maybe flush

Also im losing to every hand right now other then a total bluff
Gunnarsten Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £22.13
toptotti Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £13.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

shaun09 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £27.40
YOUNG_GUN Raise  £1.80 £2.70 £38.02
wizwhitz Fold     
ginge145 Call  £1.80 £4.50 £22.95
Gunnarsten Call  £1.70 £6.20 £20.43
toptotti Call  £1.60 £7.80 £11.40
shaun09 Call  £1.20 £9.00 £26.20
Flop

Gunnarsten Check     
toptotti Check     
shaun09 Check     
YOUNG_GUN Bet  £6.75 £15.75 £31.27
ginge145 Call  £6.75 £22.50 £16.20
Gunnarsten Fold     
toptotti Fold     
shaun09 Fold     
Turn

• A

YOUNG_GUN Check     
ginge145 Bet  £9.60 £32.10 £6.60
YOUNG_GUN Fold     
ginge145 Muck     
ginge145 Win  £21.37  £27.97
ginge145 Return  £9.60 £1.13 £37.57

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I'm folding it - If he is turning his 8x or a pocket pair into a bluff then fair play.  My instincts are saying some kinda monster like pocket 8s.  His turn bet looks like he is milking.  If has made the flush, he doesn't have nut flush so I think he jams it to price out redraw with K spades.  Same story if he has 3x
  • edited July 2011
    Pre and flop fine.

Turn is an ugly card, but with him having less than pot bet behind maybe it's better to just shove and stop him potentially bluffing you, I'm not sure if that is a slightly tilt move though.
  • edited July 2011
    yuck prob fold
  • edited July 2011
    Thanks all im 50/50 here at time i did think bluff but cant really call with so many hands that beat me

Villain did say sorry that was a bluff after but dunno whether was to try tilt me or not, i stood after anyways. Do you think its an ez bluff spot after i bet out flop then check turn, wasnt sure whether i should be shoving any turn really anyway after amount in pot.

Would you take another line here? or just a sigh fold here always?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Good fold or bad? (Hand Id 389356843):
    Pre and flop fine. Turn is an ugly card, but with him having less than pot bet behind maybe it's better to just shove and stop him potentially bluffing you, I'm not sure if that is a slightly tilt move though.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Definitely the worst option to shove.  It's either a check / fold or check / call.  If you do decide you are committed to the pot for whatever reason then shoving has no +EV whatsoever.  Check / calling can at least win you some pots v someone turning their 8 or pp into a bluff
  • edited July 2011
    Thanks all im 50/50 here at time i did think bluff but cant really call with so many hands that beat me Villain did say sorry that was a bluff after but dunno whether was to try tilt me or not, i stood after anyways. Do you think its an ez bluff spot after i bet out flop then check turn, wasnt sure whether i should be shoving any turn really anyway after amount in pot. Would you take another line here? or just a sigh fold here always?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    If someone wanted you to know its a bluff they show their cards.  If they want you to think its a bluff they tell you in chat box.
  • edited July 2011
    i think fold is the best option in the longrun

more often than not, you're beat and the villian doesnt have enough back for you make any money from 4th spade on river - and you could be drawing dead already
  • edited July 2011
    your check on the turn is either weak or massive
    he may have just gambled on you being weak
    maybe if you lead turn you may feel a bit happier with a semi bluff bet, but this will still leave you open for the bluff

blahhhhhhhhhhhhh horrible spot

sometimes fold is the only option :)

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Good fold or bad? (Hand Id 389356843) : Definitely the worst option to shove.  It's either a check / fold or check / call.  If you do decide you are committed to the pot for whatever reason then shoving has no +EV whatsoever.  Check / calling can at least win you some pots v someone turning their 8 or pp into a bluff
    Posted by AyrGraeme
    +1

YG, I dont think its that easy a bluff spot for villain, you can be checking intending to snap a shove or shove river yourself with those stacks. I think its close between fold and call though given you often have 11 outs if he doesnt have a flush
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Good fold or bad? (Hand Id 389356843) : If someone wanted you to know its a bluff they show their cards.  If they want you to think its a bluff they tell you in chat box.
    Posted by AyrGraeme
    Very good point mate he has ze flush no ;)  or FH 88
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Good fold or bad? (Hand Id 389356843) : Very good point mate he has ze flush no ;)  or FH 88
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    If he has the flush then you have the outdraw :s
    I can not see him having the FH, maybe a 3 :s The biggest scare card comes on the turn and he bets it.
    Sorry but that just makes no sense dude thinking about it. If he has the full house is he hoping you have just checked the flush or is he just trying to milk some monies. But like you say you ain't beating much so what does he think you have that he can get value from.

More I think about it the more it stinks, what notes you have ? only deciding option as to why he would bet turn
  • edited July 2011
    Read OP i have no history and probably only played villain couple times dont think we have ever clashed dont think i have seen anything notable to whether they are solid or not either sorry
  • edited July 2011
    Read OP i have no history and probably only played villain couple times dont think we have ever clashed dont think i have seen anything notable to whether they are solid or not either sorry
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    In the short 15 seconds you have it's a fold or shove i guess.

50/50