You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Deserve abuse?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Not been on the table long, and i'm looking at 65os. No one raising so just a flat call for the bb for now. The action starts on the flop with a shove and a call. My thoughts here  the raiser has hit the Q and the caller is poss drawing or has a an over pair. He flat called QQ earlier,all the way to the river while utg.

I raise,  the caller then folds. Now i've no problem with the way the have played, poss could have put in a smaller raise to keep him in. But initial thoughts are to lose the caller.

Anyway, the main reason for posting is that i got a torrent of abuse, for playing 65os. Would be grateful for any comments, re how i should have played or weather or not i should have been in the hand in the 1st place.

Cheers

Typhoon

xxxxSmall blind £0.02£0.02£0.82quillyBig blind £0.04£0.06£1.86 Your hole cards65   warriorpoeFold    streborCall £0.04£0.10£3.61-Typhoon-Call £0.04£0.14£4.11xxxxCall £0.02£0.16£0.80quillyCheck    Flop  5Q6   xxxxAll-in £0.80£0.96£0.00quillyFold    streborCall £0.80£1.76£2.81-Typhoon-Raise £3.36£5.12£0.75streborFold    -Typhoon-Unmatched bet £2.56£2.56£3.31xxxxShow7Q   -Typhoon-Show65   Turn  8   River  2   -Typhoon-WinTwo Pairs, 6s and 5s£2.36 £5.67

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Nothing wrong at all with playing 65 on the button unopened imo.

But, i would always recommend coming into the pot with a raise. Limping the button in a cash game is rarely, if ever, the best strategy.

I like your shove to isolate the short stack and not allowing strebor to outdraw your hand without paying for it. Bottom two on that board is vulnerable so well played post flop.
  • edited July 2011
    Yeah pretty much what gregg says really,gd hit x
  • edited July 2011

at least 90% of players who critisise plays in a chatbox are fish anyway. Dont listen to them

raise or fold pre, prob fold,getting it in on flop is fine

• edited July 2011
    You're a REG right, why would you even have chat open ?

Also don't limp pre just fold like a good rock.
  • edited July 2011
    Its not like the guy has a monster, he makes a mostly bad call on flop as he cant beat anything you raise with.

Alsiofrankly at 2/4 I'm pretty sure he has put very similar beats on people in limped pots.

You dont deserve abuse ever really, guy was likely a douche
  • edited July 2011
    At this level v passive players for what it's worth I don't think limping the button with raggy hands is too bad a strategy at all
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Deserve abuse?:
    at least 90% of players who critisise plays in a chatbox are fish anyway. Dont listen to them
     Posted by grantorino
    This. Most of them just don't have the mindset to lose, or win for that matter.
  • edited July 2011
    stop moaning you fish :P joking )

Turn chat off and leave em to it, sometimes it's good to have it open as they tell you what your table image is but hey don't get into it and take it to heart. If they think your a fish then just play up to it in the chat box and then take all there money :D

For some reason they all think there Phil Ivey at NL4.
  • edited July 2011
    Thanks for the feed back guys. 

I'm with you regarding the limp on the button, however happy here because of the previous limp with QQ from strebor. As always, it's player dependent. Bigger cards on this occasion then no problem leading out.

As for the chat abuse,  again no problems(i get worse at work,lol). Just thought his train of thought for giving out, was way off base. 

And as for having the chat open in the 1st place, even when multi tabling, i'm always scanning the chat boxes. Although i don't normally get involved, you never know what info you can pick up to exploit, especially when a player has just taken a beat.

Thanks again

Typhoon