You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How do you deal?

So I've been on something of a horrible, horrible losing streak. Couple times I've been sure I was on top, Jack high Flush and get beat by a Queen high. King high flush and get beat by an Ace high. Things like that, been happening a lot :(

Tonight a made the final table on a Tourny and got knocked out just before the cash bubble, got a little angry and went full tilt. Got up and watched some scrubs, few episodes calmed me down lol. I love that show. Anywho, thats been happening a lot, I haven't had a win in ages and it's been grating on me.

Just curious as to how others deal with their downs.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    In Response to How do you deal?:
    So I've been on something of a horrible, horrible losing streak. Couple times I've been sure I was on top, Jack high Flush and get beat by a Queen high. King high flush and get beat by an Ace high. Things like that, been happening a lot :( Tonight a made the final table on a Tourny and got knocked out just before the cash bubble, got a little angry and went full tilt. Got up and watched some scrubs, few episodes calmed me down lol. I love that show. Anywho, thats been happening a lot, I haven't had a win in ages and it's been grating on me. Just curious as to how others deal with their downs.
    Posted by KayaSan
    I go and read all about other peoples misfortunes........I soon realise how lucky I actually am.
  • edited July 2011
    Kick the cat.

Self harm.

Drink.

smoke................

The list is endless.......................
  • edited July 2011
    So I've been on something of a horrible, horrible losing streak. Couple times I've been sure I was on top, Jack high Flush and get beat by a Queen high. King high flush and get beat by an Ace high. Things like that, been happening a lot :( Tonight a made the final table on a Tourny and got knocked out just before the cash bubble, got a little angry and went full tilt. Got up and watched some scrubs, few episodes calmed me down lol. I love that show. Anywho, thats been happening a lot, I haven't had a win in ages and it's been grating on me. Just curious as to how others deal with their downs.
    Posted by KayaSan[/QUOTLobby my local mp to look into the regulations regarding online poker 
  • edited July 2011
    As poncy as it sounds breathing techniques. Helped massively for me.
  • edited July 2011
    I don't drink when I play, I love my cat too much to kick him and I smoke a lot regardless of wether I'm winning or losing :)

Breathing techniques to calm seems pretty interesting, might have to try. I'll have a look at that lol.
  • edited July 2011
    Ok, happened again. So yea, basically Sky can shove their Poker up their as*es. So frustrating..... It's freakin' constant I sh*t you not.

Every. F*c*i*g. Time.
  • edited July 2011
    as i sit here in th ellesmere port home for the befuddled i know where your coming from nurse leave my strait jacket alone
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: How do you deal?:
    as i sit here in th ellesmere port home for the befuddled i know where your coming from nurse leave my strait jacket alone
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    Yea, complete overreaction lol. I've calmed some now. Still, I was angry at the time :P
  • edited July 2011
    Posted by KayaSan
    what i put in bold is what you should not do, going on Full Tilt will end up with you being indicted and being apart of a really shady company, :)

I deal with my downswings by either trying to play through it if it gets too much i simply take a break for however long i want (currently on a bad run so dont plan to play for a while) but obviously everyone has their own ways of dealing with things.... just on piece of advice STAY AWAY FROM FULL TILT :o) that is all
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: How do you deal?:
    Alcohol
    Posted by elsadog
    +1
  • edited July 2011
    im not sure how i deal with it but you can ask the missu, She's just locked away in the attic