You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How about a Tournament that has CASH GAME as prize?

heres an idea , why dont sky run a tournament which every month or two months or so, has a prize of a place on the cash game,with a buyin as a prize...

Comments

• edited July 2011
    In Response to How about a Tournament that has CASH GAME as prize?:
    heres an idea , why dont sky run a tournament which every month or two months or so, has a prize of a place on the cash game,with a buyin as a prize...
    Posted by djblacke04
    i think thats a great shout. +1
  • edited July 2011
    Posted by djblacke04
    Thats a great idea, i'd definately be up for that.
  • edited July 2011
    sounds good to me
  • edited July 2011
    What's the point? You can always use the cash prize from a tournament and buy into the cash game if you want I'm sorry but I can't see the difference to this and your idea.

A monetry prize at present gives the winner more flexibility as to what the want to use it for.

The only advantage would be if the buy in to the cash game was more than the value of the cash prize but I cant see Sky doing that.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm thinking along the lines of The Big Game, win into a cash game. Play 150 hands, leave with the cash after that. It's worked for other sites as a promotion so i can see it working on here as well. Say a 10 quid buy in capped at 30 entrants, winner hets into the game.
  • edited July 2011
    Posted by djblacke04
    i hope sky introduce something like this in the near future as i think it is a good idea.. my only concern would be making it a good tv programme.. people want to see people they know!!!! channing, redmond etc etc... not me or dylan12!!!! sorry dylan.. only person i know i can offend without getting in trouble ;)
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: How about a Tournament that has CASH GAME as prize?:
    In Response to How about a Tournament that has CASH GAME as prize? : i hope sky introduce something like this in the near future as i think it is a good idea.. my only concern would be making it a good tv programme.. people want to see people they know!!!! channing, redmond etc etc... not me or dylan12!!!! sorry dylan.. only person i know i can offend without getting in trouble ;)
    Posted by bigflop1
    i agree but it could be that you win a seat into a game with 5 of the top cash game players on the site, playing a set amount of hands against them, could make good viewing.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: How about a Tournament that has CASH GAME as prize? : i agree but it could be that you win a seat into a game with 5 of the top cash game players on the site, playing a set amount of hands against them, could make good viewing.
    Posted by bigandy18
    fold - fold - fold - fold AA/KK Shove - fold fold etc.
  • edited July 2011
    This has been mentioned in the cash show thread, i'm not a fan of the idea tbh.

Cash and tournament play is totally different.

It would be much better to use the table and studio for a dedicated tournament instead of combing that and the cash game.

So either run an MTT with the last 6 places gaining entry to the tv table or run a series of sit n go tournaments and then the top so many qualify for a televised sit n go tournament using the tv table.
  • edited July 2011

Posted by djblacke04
    Surely there must be a minimum hands played in the cash game then? say the player must play for at least an hour or sumething or they could just fold there way to the cash. And the this doesnt give the player freedom to play his own game, therefore overall the plan i believe is floored.

Great suggestion though, quality before ya think about all the nitty gritty things behind it.

• edited July 2011

how about a cash game that plays like a tournement with the winner takes all...

so once u lost your buyin you are out....

so 6 players start with £1000

winner takes £6000 home ...

and you run qualifiers online to make say 2 places against the pros....each episode..

could do it over a period of weeks..

• edited July 2011
    how about a cash game that plays like a tournement with the winner takes all... so once u lost your buyin you are out.... so 6 players start with £1000 winner takes £6000 home ... and you run qualifiers online to make say 2 places against the pros....each episode.. could do it over a period of weeks..
    Posted by djblacke04

That's just a sit and go tournament.

• edited July 2011
    +1

Posted by djblacke04
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to How about a Tournament that has CASH GAME as prize? : Surely there must be a minimum hands played in the cash game then? say the player must play for at least an hour or sumething or they could just fold there way to the cash. And the this doesnt give the player freedom to play his own game, therefore overall the plan i believe is floored. Great suggestion though, quality before ya think about all the nitty gritty things behind it.
    Posted by bolly580
    have you watched the big game? exact same idea, massive success. just saying.