You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Really easy one probably.

At 4NL this happens a lot. When i am playing well, i raise this to 25p/30p, when i arent on top of my game i could easily check this and hope to hit a monster flop, but i am never comfortable raising this out of position, it tends to lead in to problems further down the streets. This could be a little tweak in my game i need to look at but whats the correct play in this situation. Whats the community view.

Thanks in advance.

Hand History #389956068 (21:50 08/07/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexCarolinex Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.41 DrSharp Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.66   Your hole cards 10 A       flower11 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.00 SteveGB Call  £0.04 £0.14 £3.07 russ71 Call  £0.04 £0.18 £4.71 doubledeck Call  £0.04 £0.22 £1.69 xCarolinex Fold     DrSharp ??

Comments

• edited July 2011

if you are not confident in your game postflop I think checking is fine. I would raise though

• edited July 2011
    LOL I know exactly what you mean, but that was when my BR was fairly small and making big pots OOP seemed a little risky as you rarely hit but now I'm a little more comfortable I just see the game as a continuous flow and as long as you make right moves all the time you will be up longterm.

Here everyone has shown weakness so 32p is what I'd make it. Sometimes they will just fold pre which is good and if ones calls depending on the flop you can make a cbet but be careful, I pretty much always cbet paired boards and ones with aces/kings  but I also never do more than half pot as it gets the same response as 75% imo.
  • edited July 2011
    punish the limpers make it 30-36p

if you get a caller or two then c bet any flop, anything between 3rd and 3/4 pot

good luck

checking along OOP is not bad tbh at this level- your ace rag is very good if flop comes ace high
    plus if diamonds come you will have someone locked

• edited July 2011
    I make this preeeeeeeetty big, atleast 30p