You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i could not fold here but i was worried

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
danny101 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.05
Jam385 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £0.77
b1gtubster Big blind  £0.04 £0.10 £2.69
  Your hole cards
  • J

b1gtubster Check     
chakrabat Call  £0.04 £0.14 £4.47
danny101 Call  £0.02 £0.16 £3.03
Jam385 Check     
Flop

• Q
  • K

danny101 Check     
Jam385 Bet  £0.04 £0.20 £0.73
b1gtubster Raise  £0.16 £0.36 £2.53
chakrabat Fold     
danny101 Call  £0.16 £0.52 £2.87
Jam385 Call  £0.12 £0.64 £0.61
Turn

danny101 Check     
Jam385 Check     
b1gtubster Check     
River

danny101 Bet  £0.48 £1.12 £2.39
Jam385 Call  £0.48 £1.60 £0.13
b1gtubster All-in  £2.53 £4.13 £0.00
danny101 Call  £2.05 £6.18 £0.34
Jam385 All-in  £0.13 £6.31 £0.00
danny101 Show
  • J

Jam385 Show
  • J

b1gtubster Show

danny101 Win Flush to the King £5.83  £6.17

Comments

• edited July 2011
  • edited July 2011
    LOLz mate play more tables if your getting bored. ;)
  • edited July 2011
    This just gets dafter and dafter doesnt it danny boy ??

EDIT and even IF you feel you must play these hands then stop calling , start reraising , hit ure miracle and dont post it in here xx
  • edited July 2011
    Just loaded up all new threads as tabs, so am seeing your play pre in consecutive pages.  In the nicest possible way, think about the hands you are playing pre flop.  These are all really bad and you'll have a hard time quanitfing any success bud.
  • edited July 2011
    its a different style of poker at nl 4 you need to get in cheap and try to make hands because you will get multple callers with any raises in these rooms
  • edited July 2011
    alright Phil Ivey
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: i could not fold here but i was worried:
    its a different style of poker at nl 4 you need to get in cheap and try to make hands because you will get multple callers with any raises in these rooms
    Posted by danny101
    making up with j5s in the small blind (worst position on the table post flop) is NEVER ever going to be profitable in the long run.

This is an automuck preflop imo.  

If you really want to play junk like J5s, then at least try and do it in position and preferably with a raise. But i wouldnt recommend playing that hand at all at 4nl. Just play big hands, strongly, and you will win consistantly.

Yes it is is good to get in cheaply with small to medium pocket pairs, and suited aces in multiway pots. But NOT j5 of clubs!!! You were worried here because you did not have the nut flush. If you had A5 clubs you wouldnt need to be worried, and making up the sb here with A5 clubs would be fine. (as long as you remember that you are not playing to hit your ace)

Also if you hit your flush, or your set bet it! BET BET BET!

I would suggest loading up a couple of dudeskin's tables and watching him for a while, it might help you to avoid leaks like this.

• edited July 2011
    Seeing every flop and limping every hand will not win you money at any level long term.

4NL is easy, wait for a good starting hand (any two picture cards will do) and raise if no one else has already. Read up on position, there are loads of articles on the internet about it. If you hit your hands raise it, if you miss the flop check it.

That is the most basic poker strategy and fortunately, this seems to be good enough at 4NL maybe not to make money but certainly not to lose too much.

Then, gain more knowledge by watching, reading and learning from this forum, channel 865, and any articles you find on position, hand ranges from certain positions on the table and also learn how to calculate pot odds which will help you calculate when you can chase hands.

Take all that in and you will find results will start to improve. Its not as easy as just sitting at the table one day and becoming profitable straight away. Not many people make money from this game, and the reason is that those who are profitable have and still do work hard at the game.

Quite a few players who post on the clinic are top drawer players. Why do they contribute? Because it also helps them and their own game.
  • edited July 2011
    Posted by danny101
    Den raise bigger ma man darn nabbit hick.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: i could not fold here but i was worried : making up with j5s in the small blind (worst position on the table post flop) is NEVER ever going to be profitable in the long run. This is an automuck preflop imo.   If you really want to play junk like J5s, then at least try and do it in position and preferably with a raise. But i wouldnt recommend playing that hand at all at 4nl. Just play big hands, strongly, and you will win consistantly. Yes it is is good to get in cheaply with small to medium pocket pairs, and suited aces in multiway pots. But NOT j5 of clubs!!! You were worried here because you did not have the nut flush. If you had A5 clubs you wouldnt need to be worried, and making up the sb here with A5 clubs would be fine. (as long as you remember that you are not playing to hit your ace) Also if you hit your flush, or your set bet it! BET BET BET! I would suggest loading up a couple of dudeskin's tables and watching him for a while, it might help you to avoid leaks like this.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Oi you , i is the 4nl queen around here.....................................ok ?? ;)
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: i could not fold here but i was worried : Oi you , i is the 4nl queen around here.....................................ok ?? ;)
    Posted by debdobs_67
    well was i right your highness? :)
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: i could not fold here but i was worried : well was i right your highness? :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    You are now officially on my new years honours list xxx
  • edited July 2011
    You play a marginal hand this way ok you limp - not good as i would rarther see you raise

Then you hit your flop - bet

Your hit your flush - so BET - you played to hit the flush so BET

get your monies in

You just need to think about what your doing a bit more m8ty
    When you hit the hand you was looking for even if you played it badly then bet for gods sake
    How you going to win if you do not bet your hands :)

• edited July 2011
    Posted by danny101
    No.

You have no real concept of how wrong you are I'm afraid.