You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this hand cost me loads what should i do i want to see a flop with it

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Nickelback Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.37
majestic20 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.76
mikeyd905 Big blind  £0.04 £0.10 £4.95
  Your hole cards

mikeyd905 Check     
danny101 Raise  £0.16 £0.26 £1.94
jedster127 Fold     
Nickelback Call  £0.14 £0.40 £1.23
majestic20 Fold     
mikeyd905 Fold     
Flop

• A
  • Q

Nickelback Check     
danny101 Bet  £0.21 £0.61 £1.73
Nickelback Call  £0.21 £0.82 £1.02
Turn

• Q

Nickelback Check     
danny101 Bet  £0.42 £1.24 £1.31
Nickelback All-in  £1.02 £2.26 £0.00
danny101 Fold     
Nickelback Muck     
Nickelback Win  £1.55  £1.55
Nickelback Return  £0.60 £0.11 £2.15

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Nothing wrong with seeing a flop when sat deep, as long as you are happy to release when missing entirely.

As you feel comfortable and money means less you may want to elect to 3bet behind a bet rather than call.

Some would argue that raising here is spewy, but I like it as long as you know what your goal is pos.  Firing once post is aok IMO.

But by your own admission you are learning, as said before, try and keep it relatively simple.

Plus ask yourself what calls yur flop bet, rather than auto firing turn.

• edited July 2011
    Play it in as late a position as possible, so you already have a very good idea of how many people are in the pot and the chances of re-raises are lower.
  • edited July 2011
    Dont mind the pre flop raise

Dont mind the c bet either

After this resistance tho i reckon its ' ok m8 i had hand in cookie jar' and give it up ;)
  • edited July 2011
    Nothing wrong with this hand
  • edited July 2011
    Don't raise pre just fold.

People will say oh come on you canny be that tight but I can honestly tell you there is NO need to play these sort of hands at this level.

Higher up at 20/30NL of course you can raise with these but down at NL4 theres just no need.

Also once you cbet flop when called it's pretyt clear the guy aint folding with a quid behind lol.

AGAIN SIT WITH FULL BLOODY BI.
  • edited July 2011
    Well ure alot tighter than me for sure dude m8 , i find hands like this one very profitable if played correctly , even at this level xx
  • edited July 2011
    just limp or fold pre IMO. at this level 78s is a good drawy hand and isnt worth raising. Your play post flop is terrible. People at this level dont fold. I dont mind the odd c-bet but double barrelling is just suicide expessially when neither us or our opponent is full stacked.
  • edited July 2011

fold pre at this stack depth

turn is the worst barrell card ever and its an easy c/f imo

• edited July 2011
    Late postion you can raise here but you must be sat deep for it to be worhtwhile when you hit the flop.
    They will not fold at this level so you need to be hitting the flop hard so you need to look at it as a
    speculative move. Either one you hit the flop or two you can pick the pot up in late position with a c-bet.

When your raising think about the next step, if this happens I'll do this and so on.

as played
    When you fire - that is fine
    when you get called - give up

if this works 2/3 times then it becomes profitable

your getting there - keep it up
    play and learn