You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i cant believe this

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
danny101 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.18
DEKE66 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.44
  Your hole cards

hecate Fold     
WAYNE_1665 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.66
nospacebar Fold     
er425 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £6.60
danny101 Call  £0.02 £0.16 £1.16
DEKE66 Check     
Flop

danny101 Bet  £0.16 £0.32 £1.00
DEKE66 Call  £0.16 £0.48 £3.28
WAYNE_1665 Fold     
er425 Fold     
Turn

danny101 All-in  £1.00 £1.48 £0.00
DEKE66 Call  £1.00 £2.48 £2.28
danny101 Show

DEKE66 Show

River

DEKE66 Win Full House, 10s and 7s £2.29  £4.57

Comments

• edited July 2011
    your call pre is bad

stop posting bad beats in the clinic
  • edited July 2011
    I don't mind callig 2p with cards that work from SB but 34s is only going for flush as straight chances are hard, if this was 56s then defo call.

Rest of hand is just a bad beat yaaaaaaaaawwwn.

Why are you sitting with just £1.18?
  • edited July 2011
    Danny m8 no offence intended but most of these hands ure postin is just standard stuff , also listen to dudeskin and stop playing cash poker so short stacked xx
  • edited July 2011
    making up the blind with suited connectors getting 7/1 is bad grantorino?????????

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: i cant believe this:
    making up the blind with suited connectors getting 7/1 is bad grantorino?????????
    Posted by AMYBR
    I didnt realise he is getting 7/1 but I still think its prob bad, mainly because he is less than 30BB deep.

Nearly every hand he flops is slightly vulnerable even the made ones, although obvously he will get them in good usually with these the small percentage of the time he hits them

Otherwise he is going to c/f lots, get it in with draws flipping with a pair, get it in with draws dominated by better draws. He wont have any fe when he flops big draws 
  • edited July 2011

Sit deeper!

But, i dont mind making the blind up if big blind hasnt been squeezing much. Obviously you miss a lot of the time but its a bit like set mining, have a look, if its a no go then check fold and wait for the next hand. Worth a look for 1/2 a blind extra though.

After that its just a cooler. Dont fret about it.

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: i cant believe this : I didnt realise he is getting 7/1 but I still think its prob bad, mainly because he is less than 30BB deep. Nearly every hand he flops is slightly vulnerable even the made ones, although obvously he will get them in good usually with these the small percentage of the time he hits them Otherwise he is going to c/f lots, get it in with draws flipping with a pair, get it in with draws dominated by better draws. He wont have any fe when he flops big draws 
    Posted by grantorino
    I cant agree, it would be stupid to fold, even for a purist.
  • edited July 2011
    Im actually against the majority. 34s at this level IMO is a fold with the check as an option. So many people play any 2 suited at this level which means even if we hit a flush e have no clue where we is. IMO only a A25r/cc flop is what we like. Fold pre IMO as a result.

Also sit deeper.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: i cant believe this : I cant agree, it would be stupid to fold, even for a purist.
    Posted by AMYBR
    wtf are you talking about "even for a purist"

why would it be stupid to fold? Show me how profitable calling is
  • edited July 2011
    I'm happy to call for 2p pre getting 7/1 definetly sit deeper. he got lucky, yawn, don't cry
  • edited July 2011
    Its all about styles. A loose player loves to make it up here, whereas a tight player will hate playing this and fold. Its whatever suits the individual and also table dynamic is important. No point arguing over why or why not its ok to have a look, its all dependant on the individual and how he/she plays. Pre flop is marginal, some will, some wont.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: i cant believe this : wtf are you talking about "even for a purist" why would it be stupid to fold? Show me how profitable calling is
    Posted by grantorino
    wow the gloves come off :p

When it comes to you in the sb getting 7/1 with one player left to act with suited connectors it should never be a fold.

You cant think of the dangers of post or confidence of boards, you can only go with the fact that you are 7/1 to one with one player behind.  Cant be worried about flopping a tricky board, regardless of stack.

Its not about profability in any way.  Getting 7/1 in unraised pot there is a must call with no likely action behind, c/f vast majority of flops.  I cant think of a single reason to fold if your good post.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: i cant believe this : wow the gloves come off :p When it comes to you in the sb getting 7/1 with one player left to act with suited connectors it should never be a fold. You cant think of the dangers of post or confidence of boards, you can only go with the fact that you are 7/1 to one with one player behind.  Cant be worried about flopping a tricky board, regardless of stack. Its not about profability in any way.  Getting 7/1 in unraised pot there is a must call with no likely action behind, c/f vast majority of flops.  I cant think of a single reason to fold if your good post.
    Posted by AMYBR
    I thought making a profit was the aim of the game. Whats it about so?

I agree 7/1 is serious odds but 30BB deep against 4NL players I have my doubts its good to call. You may be super postflop but I dont think you are deep enought to use this especially oop. I'm willing to be persuaded its good but you have given no reason why calling is good in that post
  • edited July 2011
    Its not good and its not bad. 

If you want to go down the profabilty route then IMO, it is profitable to call here with sc 7/1 with one player left to act. 

Your investing half a blind, with the potential to flop well on low boards.  Yes c/f most flops but when connecting with right board you are going to be happy to get your 30bb's in on a street, but with added value of multiway action.

Yes, would need to be careful on certain boards, being tempted to c/r or commit to two clubs when potentially dominated dominated.

My comment regarding profability is meant broadly, as you cant really file this hand away under "Long game". 

As stated I cant think of a single reason to fold pre. 
  • edited July 2011
    yeah when we get it in with draws we will usually have a little extra dead money in pot. But its pretty hard flop 2pair +, and we dont win pot everytime we flop made hands. I'm not sure if calling will make money here, I'm inclined to think it wont, but describing folding as stupid is not correct imo, because its not going to be a big +EV spot calling. Also the guy posting it seems to be a beginner so might be better off playing tighter till he gets better