You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thoughts Please!

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
This is from a bounty hunter, quite early on, didn't have any reads on the player.

What are your thoughts here? I know I was right to fold but I guess I just wanted someone to confirm it for me. I know checking on the turn really showed weakness but  just couldnt bet out on that board. Any thoughts about how I played the hand at all? Sadly I don't know what the other person had.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Fitz833 Small blind   20.00 20.00 2072.50
LOGS Big blind   40.00 60.00 2777.50
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

WATERTAXI Fold        
mccaffer10 Fold        
Lambert180 Raise   200.00 260.00 2010.00
madphil Fold        
Fitz833 Fold        
LOGS Call   160.00 420.00 2617.50
Flop

• Q
  • J

LOGS Check        
Lambert180 Bet   420.00 840.00 1590.00
LOGS Call   420.00 1260.00 2197.50
Turn

• K

LOGS Check        
Lambert180 Check        
River

LOGS All-in   2197.50 3457.50 0.00
Lambert180 Fold        
LOGS Muck        
LOGS Win   1260.00   1260.00
LOGS Return   2197.50 0.00 3457.50

Comments

• edited July 2011
    ugly but i fold.

Nice bet size pre and flop.

You give up when you know you cant win.

well played hand bud
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Thoughts Please!:
    ugly but i fold. Nice bet size pre and flop. You give up when you know you cant win. well played hand bud
    Posted by AMYBR

++++1
  • edited July 2011
    I'd bet less on flop

I might b/f that turn, but checking prob fine
  • edited July 2011
    I'd bet less on flop I might b/f that turn, but checking prob fine
    Posted by grantorino
    Well I figured it was a flop that hit ALOT of his range and I would be getting called with alot of hands here. Also, I don't want people drawing to the straight cheap.

And to be fair, I did get called, so 90% of the time, i.e. when the K doesnt come on the turn, I'm happy with a call and could possibly be doubling up
  • edited July 2011
    The main reason I would bet a bit less would be in the hope of inducing a raise. Also, depends how you play and doesnt matter much against fish,but if you cbet a lot pot is going to be pretty big bet, and I like to keep my sizing consistent 
  • edited July 2011
    grontorino. I think b/f turn is woprst possible play. If im betting im stacking because once i bet im getting the odds to fill up. 

Odd spot tbh. Solid fold.  
  • edited July 2011
    Are we? not so sure. We are only about 20% to fill up, we only split at best if we hit a straight. Checking probably better anyway
  • edited July 2011
    I never check fold the turn
  • edited July 2011
    Are we? not so sure. We are only about 20% to fill up, we only split at best if we hit a straight. Checking probably better anyway
    Posted by grantorino
    i agree with checkin being the best option.

The only reason i think bet folding is bad is becauise of stack sizes aswell. we only have 2K back and a pot of 1.2K so once we bet even half pot we're commiting our stack to the pot. So say we bet 600 we have 15.k back with 1.8K in pot + our opponents shove. then you have BB;s to consider aswell and the structure of the tourny (which i dont know). In a sleeper i guess a bet fold isnt too bad, but considering its a Sky HH its defo not a sleeper.  

River is wierd with his open shove. Alot depends on my mood and reads on villan as a result. however the fold is probably profitable against a random.
  • edited July 2011
    I shove flop in BH :) but well played
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Thoughts Please! : i agree with checkin being the best option. The only reason i think bet folding is bad is becauise of stack sizes aswell. we only have 2K back and a pot of 1.2K so once we bet even half pot we're commiting our stack to the pot. So say we bet 600 we have 15.k back with 1.8K in pot + our opponents shove. then you have BB;s to consider aswell and the structure of the tourny (which i dont know). In a sleeper i guess a bet fold isnt too bad, but considering its a Sky HH its defo not a sleeper.   River is wierd with his open shove. Alot depends on my mood and reads on villan as a result. however the fold is probably profitable against a random.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Dont know what you mean by a sleeper?

You are prob right though, we would be getting at least 3/1, prob a bit more and people show up with really stupid stuff in BHs. Was just thinking lots of villains will flat 2 pair hands there and usually only raise the straight,