You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Freerolls - Rebuys and Addons - A joke!

Sky,

Quick question, I've just played the £50gtd freeroll (tournament no.4818990) and I'd just like to say I find the rebuy and addon feature a joke.

To play the freeroll you have to buyin with 'poker points' as your site says this is a promotion, however any rebuy or addon is not added onto the £50guaranteed freeroll pot, unless it exceeds the £50 mark?

I feel this is unacceptable, for example, in this tournament there were 106 (rebuys and addons inclusive), but only £3 was added to the pot, not the £53 I felt should of been... Therefore Sky is having its pot paid for by players who rebuy/addon, and as above I thought poker points were a promotion!!!!!!!! If you addon at the break which I did (under the impression the money would be added to the pot), and do not rebuy, hence putting 50p into Skys £50 guaranteed pot, you have to finish at least 10th to gain your money back!!!!!!

Your thoughts on this from you and your team would be gratefully appreciated! This is not to do with the money, as I was playing for a bit of 'fun', however I feel all players are being cheated by not explaining the rebuy/addon is not added to the pot...

Cheers,

Gav

Comments

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Freerolls - Rebuys and Addons - A joke!:
    Sky, Quick question, I've just played the £50gtd freeroll (tournament no.4818990) and I'd just like to say I find the rebuy and addon feature a joke. To play the freeroll you have to buyin with 'poker points' as your site says this is a promotion, however any rebuy or addon is not added onto the £50guaranteed freeroll pot, unless it exceeds the £50 mark? I feel this is unacceptable, for example, in this tournament there were 106 (rebuys and addons inclusive), but only £3 was added to the pot, not the £53 I felt should of been... Therefore Sky is having its pot paid for by players who rebuy/addon, and as above I thought poker points were a promotion!!!!!!!! If you addon at the break which I did (under the impression the money would be added to the pot), and do not rebuy, hence putting 50p into Skys £50 guaranteed pot, you have to finish at least 10th to gain your money back!!!!!! Your thoughts on this from you and your team would be gratefully appreciated! This is not to do with the money, as I was playing for a bit of 'fun', however I feel all players are being cheated by not explaining the rebuy/addon is not added to the pot... Cheers, Gav
    Posted by Penners
    It is explained, it is a £50GTD therefore the pot is guaranteed to be £50, all tournaments on Sky with a guarantee are either the guaranteed amount or the amount of the buyins whichever is greater.

What you are wanting is a £50 ADDED where the site adds £50 to the total buy ins.

Primarily poker points are for the Cash for Points promotion, ie get 500 to claim £5 in real money, any left over go towards Viva Las Vegas entries or freeroll entries.

• edited July 2011
    A MAN GOES INTO A LIBRARY AND ASKS FOR A BOOK ON SUICIDE.

THE LIBRIAN SAYS; " NO WAY, YOU WONT BRING IT BACK."
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Freerolls - Rebuys and Addons - A joke!:
    Sky, Quick question, I've just played the £50gtd freeroll (tournament no.4818990) and I'd just like to say I find the rebuy and addon feature a joke. To play the freeroll you have to buyin with 'poker points' as your site says this is a promotion, however any rebuy or addon is not added onto the £50guaranteed freeroll pot, unless it exceeds the £50 mark? I feel this is unacceptable, for example, in this tournament there were 106 (rebuys and addons inclusive), but only £3 was added to the pot, not the £53 I felt should of been... Therefore Sky is having its pot paid for by players who rebuy/addon, and as above I thought poker points were a promotion!!!!!!!! If you addon at the break which I did (under the impression the money would be added to the pot), and do not rebuy, hence putting 50p into Skys £50 guaranteed pot, you have to finish at least 10th to gain your money back!!!!!! Your thoughts on this from you and your team would be gratefully appreciated! This is not to do with the money, as I was playing for a bit of 'fun', however I feel all players are being cheated by not explaining the rebuy/addon is not added to the pot... Cheers, Gav
    Posted by Penners
  • edited July 2011
    i agree that they are a joke.
    im new to poker and i mainly play cash games, because im not very good at tournament play
    so to gain experience in tournies i went into the freerolls.ive never seen so much bad play because
    players will bet with bad hands knowing that they can rebuy and start again with 3000 chips,so not only do you
    have to beat a player once, he reloads and you have to try again.this happened to me,one guy all in i called
    and won the hand, only for him to rebuy and all in again,whats the point ??
    if you changed the rules so that no rebuys or add ons were alowed then this would encourage good play
    or would it hurt sky pokers coffers if the rebuys or add ons were to stop ??
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Freerolls - Rebuys and Addons - A joke!:
    i agree that they are a joke. im new to poker and i mainly play cash games, because im not very good at tournament play so to gain experience in tournies i went into the freerolls.ive never seen so much bad play because players will bet with bad hands knowing that they can rebuy and start again with 3000 chips,so not only do you have to beat a player once, he reloads and you have to try again.this happened to me,one guy all in i called and won the hand, only for him to rebuy and all in again,whats the point ?? if you changed the rules so that no rebuys or add ons were alowed then this would encourage good play or would it hurt sky pokers coffers if the rebuys or add ons were to stop ??
    Posted by bludreid11
    Not being funny but do you not want the fish you just stacked to reload? Don't tap the tank and all that!
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Freerolls - Rebuys and Addons - A joke! : Not being funny but do you not want the fish you just stacked to reload? Don't tap the tank and all that!
    Posted by SolarCarro
    i can see why you would want these people to reload
    but my point was if you take out the rebuys and add-ons that the standard of play
    would be better,and that the idiots that want to go all-in with rubbish get tossed out
    at an early stage.you notice that after the break when the rebuys and add-ons are finnished the
    standard of play increases and that the morons who go all-in with rubbish have been
    illiminated.      and would it hurt sky pokers coffers to stop the rebuys and add-ons
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Freerolls - Rebuys and Addons - A joke! : i can see why you would want these people to reload but my point was if you take out the rebuys and add-ons that the standard of play would be better,and that the idiots that want to go all-in with rubbish get tossed out at an early stage.you notice that after the break when the rebuys and add-ons are finnished the standard of play increases and that the morons who go all-in with rubbish have been illiminated.      and would it hurt sky pokers coffers to stop the rebuys and add-ons
    Posted by bludreid11
    Agree with what you say however I remember when the freerolls didn't have rebuys and the standard of play was pretty bad then as well.

I actually think the standard of play in any tournament or SNG lower than £5 buy in is pretty bad anyway and cash below 10NL is pretty poor as well, making informed decisions on how somebody should play a hand only really works for me at TSP Classic/Open level

I don't think it's about Sky's coffers, they overlay Survivor every week by £600 so a few freerolls wouldn't make much difference
  • edited July 2011
    Hi all i'm a new player here and i agree these add-ons and re-buys area joke. It's ruining these tournies. the people that add on and rebuy have extra life lines
  • edited July 2011
    im seriously confused to why you dont want these players who are going all in with rubbish to reload?
    Its a freeroll play a 60p dym if your going to addon
  • edited July 2011

well i have played a few or them and I am not bothered by those who rebuy/addon. I don't rebuy or addon, never have, never will, with these but have stilll managed to cash a few times. even managed third once.
    teaches you discipline/being tight to start with. Yes you get the "bad beats", but you get those any game/tournie. you just have to manage your chip stack, take your chances when the cards come, until the first break and take it from there.

good luck