You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20nl small pot, play on't river.

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic

xxx - Not played him much but he seems reallyyyy passive/nitty. Limping in alot, probably paurs, Axs, suited cons etc, hardly ever bets, but probably wont fold either. Will need 2p+ to bet, top pair/good draw to call.

zzz - Is probably the opposite, calls all the time with any pair/gutshot/overcards, well known donk.

I don't like c betting this flop as I never get them both to fold.

On the turn I actually did time out, but I dunno if I should bet it anyway.

Is there any point in me raising this river?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
zzzSmall blind  £0.10 £0.10 £4.01
muhammed Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £39.42
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

xxx Call  £0.20 £0.50 £20.39
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.00 £1.50 £22.34
frogyderm Fold     
connolly08 Fold     
zzz Call  £0.90 £2.40 £3.11
muhammed Fold     
xxxCall  £0.80 £3.20 £19.59
Flop

• J
  • Q

zzzCheck     
xxx Check     
DOHHHHHHH Check     
Turn

• A

zzz Check     
xxxCheck     
DOHHHHHHH Check     
River

zzzBet  £0.20 £3.40 £2.91
xxxCall  £0.20 £3.60 £19.39
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Loool as if you aint confused enough already THEY throw in the 20p each on the river , i'd up it to maybe 60-80p and call anything sensible in reply , im sure you must have the best hand here xxx
  • edited July 2011
    I always bet turn, play less tables lol.

As played I'd raise river to about £3.50, I'm sure a lot worse calls after so much passivity through hand.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: 20nl small pot, play on't river.:
    I always bet turn, play less tables lol. As played I'd raise river to about £3.50, I'm sure a lot worse calls after so much passivity through hand.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Dont ya reckon a lower pair here just snap folds that reraise ?? i assumed dohhh wanted a call here , assuming of course wants to bet for value
  • edited July 2011
    Yeh if I'm raising Debs I want a call.

I actually just about had enough time to get the turn bet in, but it would have been rushed and I'd have to just bash the button and get a random amount instead of thinking about the amount. It doesn't often happen like that though, musta had alot going on at that moment.

• edited July 2011
    as palyed ur not worried about xxx and zzz has 2.9 back so put him all in....obv fold is xxx goes loono and ships over

but yeah bet turn always ton of value against pair + sd hands

• edited July 2011
    bet turn for big fat value

make it 2.91 more, fold if nitty guy 3bets but I doubt he ever will
  • edited July 2011
    I'd prob bet flop turn and river fwiw but im a donk :P

tell me later who each are plz as dabble alot more nl20 lately
  • edited July 2011
    I'd prob bet flop turn and river fwiw but im a donk :P tell me later who each are plz as dabble alot more nl20 lately
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Phew im glad ure playin this level now as ive moved up to nl10 mostly now , at least ure now 1 less player to worry over ;) xx
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: 20nl small pot, play on't river. : Phew im glad ure playin this level now as ive moved up to nl10 mostly now , at least ure now 1 less player to worry over ;) xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    LOL your welcome missdobs ;) i havent played nl10 for ages months even hopefully wont need to drop down either xx
  • edited July 2011
    I'd prob bet flop turn and river fwiw but im a donk :P tell me later who each are plz as dabble alot more nl20 lately
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    1st thing to make you feel good about yourself is to always tell the truth ;)

but mehh i actually agree id possibly bet F/T/R but the way its gone im just not flatting 20p im bumping it to maybe £1-£1.30 and watch them both call with their Ace rags
  • edited July 2011
    betting flop isnt a great idea on this board imo against 2 guys who like to call

doh, xxx sounds more like a standard passive station than a nit
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to x:
    betting flop isnt a great idea on this board imo against 2 guys who like to call doh, xxx sounds more like a standard passive station than a nit
    Posted by grantorino
    Right how would I describe someone quite loose passive pre, and tight passive post flop, unless he has the betting lead pre, in which case he's opening very narrow, and playing tpgk and better very strongly.

It's like most players at 20nl are 2 different types of player, TAG with the betting lead, loose passive without it.

• edited July 2011
    Only read OP

I dont want to open the door to a 3 bet so dont think i raise here, dont see how you can after letting two cards come off for free 3 handed.

I just flat, as I dont know what weaker hand calls you.  But mainly dont want to open the door to be 3 bet as will have to decde I'm beat, not worth the marginal value in this spot for me.

Happy to call feeling I have best hand.
  • edited July 2011
    I would of bet turn about 2.80.
  • edited July 2011
    cant be worried about xxx comming back over the top, but i read it there is more value to be had outta this hand. would a reraise to 1.20 be that bad a play. you might get 1 or both to call with a lower pair or worse ace, if zzzz comes back over the top then so be it.

• edited July 2011
    as played i defo raise river for value, but i would have bet the turn.

Knowing me, i would have probably bet the flop. Even if we are called we can make the nuts and our overcards will likely be good too. Also our hand is probably still good and we are unlikely to face a c/r.

• edited July 2011
    how much would you bet on river gregg?

• edited July 2011
    how much would you bet on river gregg?
    Posted by pod1
    well they aint got much, but they are fishy... hmmm £1.90- £2.40

on the basis that we get one caller (not sure we will get two as the shortie prob has nothing)
  • edited July 2011
    This 1 must be nearly the same BUT with only one oppo dohhh
    Hand History #390905639 (16:46 11/07/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancenorfolkr07Small blind £0.10£0.10£15.94dogcharlieBig blind £0.20£0.30£55.10 Your hole cardsAK   7kingFold    dorithyFold    debdobs_67Raise £0.80£1.10£15.32muhammedFold    norfolkr07Call £0.70£1.80£15.24dogcharlieRaise £1.20£3.00£53.90debdobs_67Call £0.60£3.60£14.72norfolkr07Fold    Flop  5J8   dogcharlieCheck    debdobs_67Check    Turn  K   dogcharlieBet £0.20£3.80£53.70debdobs_67Raise £1.20£5.00£13.52dogcharlieCall £1.00£6.00£52.70River  6   dogcharlieBet £0.20£6.20£52.50debdobs_67Raise £3.40£9.60£10.12dogcharlieCall £3.20£12.80£49.30debdobs_67ShowAK   dogcharlieMuckQQ   debdobs_67WinPair of Kings£12.16 £22.28PrevClose window