You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I hate this game!

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Well, thats me busto!

Loaded with ten pounds originally worked that up to hundred then all the way back down to zero...almost.

Thanks for all your help guys but I think some of us are perhaps just too stoopid for this game.

Regards,

Z. 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancemajestic20Small blind £0.02£0.02£3.07ZedsDeadBaBig blind £0.04£0.06£4.28 Your hole cardsQQ   AsmodeusFold    BullseyeFold    mcnaught12Call £0.04£0.10£2.73scrapk5Fold    majestic20Call £0.02£0.12£3.05ZedsDeadBaRaise £0.16£0.28£4.12mcnaught12Call £0.16£0.44£2.57majestic20Fold    Flop  389   ZedsDeadBaBet £0.33£0.77£3.79mcnaught12Call £0.33£1.10£2.24Turn  4   ZedsDeadBaBet £0.83£1.93£2.96mcnaught12Call £0.83£2.76£1.41River  5   ZedsDeadBaAll-in £2.96£5.72£0.00mcnaught12All-in £1.41£7.13£0.00ZedsDeadBaUnmatched bet £1.55£5.58£1.55ZedsDeadBaShowQQ   mcnaught12Show95   mcnaught12WinTwo Pairs, 9s and 5s£5.16 £5.16

Comments

• edited July 2011
    hand is well played

what games were you playing on the downswing
  • edited July 2011
    Just UL mate, if you're playing like this how did you go bust ?
  • edited July 2011
    Yep nowt wrong with this hand , if ya keep playing like this vs players willing to call a 4xbb raise with junk ya IS gonna win loads in the long haul xxx
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to x:
    hand is well played what games were you playing on the downswing
    Posted by grantorino
    I've only played 4nl.
  • edited July 2011
    25 buys ins is a pretty big downswing. Its possible you are just running bad, but more likely that you have some leaks in your game. The first hand you posted is not one though
  • edited July 2011
    Problem is, at 4nl you get called with all sorts of-how shall i put it succinctly- speculative hands. I found that because it's only pennies, some players chuck it with anything remotely resembling a hand. Therefore, make the raises larger. I know that a fair amount of time everyone folds, but in my experience about 35-40% you will get some wannabee chucking it at you, and over time this does lead to pennies making pounds. Take the hits cos the wins will  outdo the losses.
  • edited July 2011
    Yh tbh to go broke from £100 is pretty horrific, and you must be playing some crazy LAGGY way for it to happen, which obvz isn't good at NL4 lolz.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I hate this game!:
    Problem is, at 4nl you get called with all sorts of-how shall i put it succinctly- speculative hands. I found that because it's only pennies, some players chuck it with anything remotely resembling a hand. Therefore, make the raises larger. I know that a fair amount of time everyone folds, but in my experience about 35-40% you will get some wannabee chucking it at you, and over time this does lead to pennies making pounds. Take the hits cos the wins will  outdo the losses.
    Posted by labrat64
    +100 to this

I know from bad experience that nl4 is very frustrating to put it politely!
    you get some strange plays.
    you can lose quite a few buy ins but it does change and if you continue to do the right things (as here) you will start to win.
    If I can do it so can you.
    it took me, on and off, about 6 months (and a fair few buy ins) to get the hang of it. I've still had downswings though but (tempting fate) the trend is upwards.

take a break (i've done that to) and come back refreshed/calmer.
    Good luck