You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TP average kicker facing donkbet.

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Pretty much readless.

Should I be raising looking to get it in here or just call and play it slow ?
X Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.76
Jamostar Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.17
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • J

Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.20 £0.26 £4.32
MacLik Fold        
WHISKEYJAK Fold        
J1MBOE Fold        
X Call   £0.18 £0.44 £3.58
Jamostar Call   £0.16 £0.60 £3.01
Flop

• K

X Bet   £0.30 £0.90 £3.28
Jamostar Fold        
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited July 2011
    personally i float it here, keep it under control, tp good kicker might be good here, might not

• edited July 2011
    not in love with raising KJ utg here. 

But on flop I dont see any point raising, nothing to really protect against, little to extract value from, doubtful if he does have a weaker K he;ll give you significant action through streets if you raise here.  Happy to call and see what his bet
  • edited July 2011
    Just call.

If he stops betting, you start.
  • edited July 2011
    yup its a call and revaluate job
  • edited July 2011
    raise pre is good against 4nl calling ranges

flat flop and I always call or bet turn and usually river as well
  • edited July 2011
    So KJ is a flat, would KQ be a raise or need at least AK ?
  • edited July 2011
    Just for me I def flat AK Kq also.  I'm not really flatting Kj as I'm concerned I'm beat.  I'm flatting as I think in likelyhood I have best hand, expecting him to fire again at turn, or c/c various hands.

Not too many draws to worry about, so dont want to give some resistance now (raising) shutting down action @ turn.  Dont think he pays you off with weaker K, very unlikiely he holds stronger.  But bet sizing at turn from him will give a nice layer of info.  This hand plays fairly straightforward IP.

• edited July 2011
    I'd raise AK and probably still flat KQ.

If we've got AK there's more hands we can get him to put it all in with that we can beat, KQ, KJ, KT make up a big %age of his hands.

• edited July 2011
    Im more than willing to float here as are others and see what villian does , i reckon tho it is a far easier decision if you had KQ as ure only really worried about AK , still as you know at 4nl ure still liable to get called down vs only 2nd pair so i reckon ure moves are pretty player dependant here  xx
  • edited July 2011

float tends to mean you will bet someone of later in the hand its really just a flat here cos we have a hand

Readless i flat, i prob dont raise pre id fold because of the position and open CO or Button with KJ  (at nl4 btw)