You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

correct fold? too nitty? played hand wrong pre?Hand History #390879823 (15:00 11/07/2011)

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Wanna know what you guys think here , both oppos are regs here and decent players , is there any logic gettin it all in pre here? i wasnt sure as i was still pretty well stacked

Hand History #390879823 (15:00 11/07/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceblondynka7Small blind £0.04£0.04£18.30xBilkoxBig blind £0.08£0.12£27.46 Your hole cardsKK   andsoitis7Call £0.08£0.20£3.00debdobs_67Raise £0.32£0.52£17.64syclopse06Fold    WALLY212Fold    blondynka7Call £0.28£0.80£18.02xBilkoxRaise £1.28£2.08£26.18andsoitis7Fold    debdobs_67Call £1.04£3.12£16.60blondynka7Call £1.04£4.16£16.98Flop  10JJ   blondynka7Bet £4.16£8.32£12.82xBilkoxFold    debdobs_67Fold    blondynka7Muck    blondynka7Win £3.84 £16.66blondynka7Return £4.16£0.32£20.82

Comments

• edited July 2011
  • edited July 2011
    And IF they both call , what next on this flop ? xx
  • edited July 2011
    your raise of 4xbb was a solid play and with  1 caller and a raiser,these are the positions you dream of.
    i would have re-raised pre, just to get rid of one of them. however  bilkos fold seems strange he was the raiser pre.and that blondynkas flat was ringing alarms.
    but to fold to a pot sized bet imo was very weak play,what could he/she have?? more than likely AK
    or A 10 ?? i would at least seen the turn, and if they have the J good luck to them. or what would have they done with a re-raise, if they then go all-in your at least racing with outs
  • edited July 2011
    Make it 3 squid pre and the hand would play out totally differently.
  • edited July 2011
    Re-raise pre vs blondy is best from my experiance 3.20

as played i probably still get in due to again playing them
  • edited July 2011
    re-raising pre changes a lot

how many people bet pot when they have a J or 10 10 here? its possible but more likely AK or QQ - i'm assuming he would re-raise pre with AA, not just call - would be a bit weird to slowplay pre then lead out

so, jam it or try some degree of pot control but i favour shoving unless you have reads to say this guy bets his big hands hard

• edited July 2011
    Reraise pre and look to get it in.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: correct fold? too nitty? played hand wrong pre?Hand History #390879823 (15:00 11/07/2011):
    Make it 3 squid pre and the hand would play out totally differently.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    your post wasnt up when i commented lol suprised i got 1 similar to you :O
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: correct fold? too nitty? played hand wrong pre?Hand History #390879823 (15:00 11/07/2011):
    In Response to Re: correct fold? too nitty? played hand wrong pre?Hand History #390879823 (15:00 11/07/2011) : your post wasnt up when i commented lol suprised i got 1 similar to you :O
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    even donkies like u can play Kings in pots where people allow you to 4 bet ;)
  • edited July 2011
    whats best everywhere depends on ranges. why did you decide to flat pre? what range does villain flat twice here?

Flop spot sucks, its pretty read dependent, but I expect him to have some sort of hand when he does this, either Jx or a draw I would think are most likely. Im not sure flattingpre then folding to a bet sounds bad, but I hate that board. I think prob get it in

Also against decent regs, Im not sure 4betting pre is best without history this deep
  • edited July 2011
    if you don't 4 bet pre, what is your 4bet range?

pre only hand you're behind is AA which can happen but if you're playing scared with KK pre, play a lower level
    i think long term you'll make more than you lose raising pre

remember its pretty hard to improve this hand on the flop so may as well be betting pre to get money off AK, AQ and mid-high pairs who could find a fold on an unfavourable flop

• edited July 2011
    Well thnx for the feedback , my original plan here was pleease avoid a A on the flop and get it in after the flop , its just that with that nasty FLOP blondy avin a J here is pretty possible with the board flushing , as for bilko here he assures me he folded QQ and thought i made the right fold xxx
  • edited July 2011
    if you don't 4 bet pre, what is your 4bet range? pre only hand you're behind is AA which can happen but if you're playing scared with KK pre, play a lower level i think long term you'll make more than you lose raising pre remember its pretty hard to improve this hand on the flop so may as well be betting pre to get money off AK, AQ and mid-high pairs who could find a fold on an unfavourable flop
    Posted by Codex
    4betting will make money obv. Flatting will as well. Which we do is whichever will maximise profit

I doubt much 3bet/4bet bluffing goes on at 8NL, so if we 4bet we look superstrong. Hands like JJ,QQ may find a fold this deep. Im not afraid of AA but I dont want to play my hand in a way that nothing worse calls. 4betting is probably good here, but it depends on the players and dynamic, and against decent regs I certainly doubt AQ and mid pairs continue to a 4bet.
  • edited July 2011
    yeah i know what you saying about only better hands calling but i see AK, QQ, JJ shoving a lot here - although im not familar with 8nl specifically, talking generally

it also depends if you 3 and 4 bet frequently - then people will call or re-raise with less but if u almost never 3/4 bet then you're not likely to get called by the hands you want calling and are better off to call

• edited July 2011
    yeah, I'm just saying we shouldnt be auto 4betting it without thinking, its prob good here, 100BB deep I would nearly always 4bet it in this situation

Dont think many good players stack with JJ or AK 200bb deep without some history though (not sure how good a decent 8nl reg is though)
  • edited July 2011
    yeah, I'm just saying we shouldnt be auto 4betting it without thinking, its prob good here, 100BB deep I would nearly always 4bet it in this situation Dont think many good players stack with JJ or AK 200bb deep without some history though (not sure how good a decent 8nl reg is though)
    Posted by grantorino
    There is a gd few very decent nl8 regs
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: correct fold? too nitty? played hand wrong pre?Hand History #390879823 (15:00 11/07/2011) : There is a gd few very decent nl8 regs
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Not doubting that at all, I just dont really know how a decent 8nl reg might react in this situation or what 3/4 bet ranges are likely to be. You could post reads obv if you feel comfortable doing that
  • edited July 2011
    Only read OP.

I dont think I'm folding here.  Opener pretty much has to jam a wide range, given stack and pot.  IMO he's as likely doing this with 9's/Q's/A10.  I dont think he's opening pot when making trips there, I could be wrong though.

Only concern would be player behind.

But simply due to the fact opponent pretty much has to open alot of missed hands here, I likely call, I dont like it mind, but I think I have to.  Guy can have a J here, based on calling a raise then re raise, his hand is likely a tad spewy.  But to someone not thinking to well this is a good flop for a PP, you beating all but AA which its very unlikely he plays this way, plus I dont think he'd open pot with (a) J, when his stack is much better weilded when someone opens and his raise commits them (post).

I 4bet here pretty much of the time, but not always, depends on oponnents 3bet range.  But I dont hate the call to the 3 bet, if you have a feel for their tendencies pot.