You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WTF was I thinking!!

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
£1:10 Deepstack! Was lying 2nd outta 20/82. Went HU with chip leader!!  3rd was miles behind 33k! Top 10 get paid!
Was watching presenters & not sure wtf happened......
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
russ137 Small blind  600.00 600.00 6515.00
scouse_red Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 14492.50
  Your hole cards

xxxxx Raise  2400.00 4200.00 63533.75
edge215 Fold     
touchwood Fold     
Glenelg Call  2400.00 6600.00 60065.50
russ137 Fold     
scouse_red Fold     
Flop

xxxxx Bet  1200.00 7800.00 62333.75
Glenelg All-in  60065.50 67865.50 0.00
xxxxx All-in  62333.75 130199.25 0.00
xxxxx Unmatched bet  3468.25 126731.00 3468.25
xxxxx Show
  • A

Glenelg Show

Turn

River

xxxxx Win Full House, 9s and 5s 126731.00  130199.25

RED MIST!

Comments

• edited July 2011
    You were thinking that often it gets through.

Guy mins A9 UTG, am sure his standard was bad UL :p.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: WTF was I thinking!!:
    You were thinking that often it gets through. Guy mins A9 UTG, am sure his standard was bad UL :p.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Actually, thinking about what you posted made me realise -  that's why I was up to 60k! Hadn't really thought about it but I took a couple of "risks" early on and they came off. 
    BUT I knew I could do a TK and wait for reasonable hands. Inside I think I wan't to take him/her down don't know why? Looks like they are gonna win it with MY chips lol!

Pad
  • edited July 2011
    It's not a bad flop to make a move on, as his continuation bet is small and looks weak.

But why do you need to raise 60 thousand to find out he has a massive hand?

Wouldn't making it 6 thousand give you the same information, but save you 54,000 chips if you're wrong and he actually has it...?
  • edited July 2011
    It's not a bad flop to make a move on, as his continuation bet is small and looks weak. But why do you need to raise 60 thousand to find out he has a massive hand? Wouldn't making it 6 thousand give you the same information, but save you 54,000 chips if you're wrong and he actually has it...?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I know JJ! I've gone over ALL my hands tonight and I have to say I was really playing well up till then !
    I've posted "red-mist" hands before on here but this seems the worst!. I think I was possibly overly confident? Anyways, a GREAT £1.10 lesson! lol
    TA
  • edited July 2011
    Glen

You were doing a pretty good tikay impression at 20,000 chips. The hand I posted earlier (feel free to comment) left me short and then this. What goes around......? lol. And I told you to go on and win the thing.

Hand History #391360319 (21:59 12/07/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    POKEY2011 Small blind   300.00 300.00 10205.00
    touchwood Big blind   600.00 900.00 7110.00
      Your hole cards

Glenelg Raise   1200.00 2100.00 27147.50
    russ137 Fold        
    Prop60 All-in   7270.00 9370.00 0.00
    ALIVEHAT60 Fold        
    POKEY2011 Fold        
    touchwood Fold        
    Glenelg Call   6070.00 15440.00 21077.50
    Glenelg Show
    • A

Prop60 Show

Flop

• A

Turn

• K

River

Glenelg Win Two Pairs, Aces and 8s 15440.00   36517.50
  • edited July 2011
    Glen You were doing a pretty good tikay impression at 20,000 chips. The hand I posted earlier (feel free to comment) left me short and then this. What goes around......? lol. And I told you to go on and win the thing.

Hi Prop! I did my best!!! I had been watching you and decided to take a risk! lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm def NOT complaining about the bad beat, just my play at this stage in the tourney.  I like to get the pros views on my hands as I'm still learning.
    pad
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: WTF was I thinking!! :
    Glen You were doing a pretty good tikay impression at 20,000 chips. The hand I posted earlier (feel free to comment) left me short and then this. What goes around......? lol. And I told you to go on and win the thing. Hi Prop! I did my best!!! I had been watching you and decided to take a risk! lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm def NOT complaining about the bad beat, just my play at this stage in the tourney.  I like to get the pros views on my hands as I'm still learning. pad
    Posted by Glenelg
    Yeah, I too often forget that the main objective is to win the tourney and get stuck in the groove instead. I could post quite a few similar examples of where I've taken on the big stack coz I think I'm the daddy and get a slap for being cheeky.

It's difficult to remember that sometimes it's better to sit there clicking the fold button, especially when a decent hand comes up. Hey, but if he hadn't got lucky you'd have been a massive chip leader! ul M8.
  • edited July 2011
    Jeez wish I was xxxx lol
  • edited July 2011
    i'd re-raise pre 7k ish

im not going broke on flop ul misclick ftw
  • edited July 2011
    You were thinking that often it gets through. Guy mins A9 UTG, am sure his standard was bad UL :p.
    Posted by AMYBR
    If third place has 33K, minraising A9 utg in 6max tournament poker is not that bad

Glenelg, have a plan for the hand

When you flat pre, you can be purely setmining, calling a street or 2 on certain boards, planning to bluff certain boards when you miss

When you hit that flop and he bets:
    You can fold
    You can call as you often have best hand, if you do this think about your plan for later streets
    You can raise to protect your hand. Its not really a bluff as very little better will fold. If you do this again think what you are doing if flatted, or if raised

Raising is a bit meh, but I can understand you not wanting to get into calling him down. As pointed out, there is absolutetly no need to shove if you want to raise

Sometimes the questions have very clear easy answers, but think through them before you act
  • edited July 2011

In Response to Re: WTF was I thinking!! : If third place has 33K, minraising A9 utg in 6max tournament poker is not that bad Glenelg, have a plan for the hand When you flat pre, you can be purely setmining, calling a street or 2 on certain boards, planning to bluff certain boards when you miss When you hit that flop and he bets: You can fold You can call as you often have best hand, if you do this think about your plan for later streets You can raise to protect your hand. Its not really a bluff as very little better will fold. If you do this again think what you are doing if flatted, or if raised Raising is a bit meh, but I can understand you not wanting to get into calling him down. As pointed out, there is absolutetly no need to shove if you want to raise Sometimes the questions have very clear easy answers, but think through them before you act
    Posted by grantorino
    Thanks for this GT.  I realise this to be one of my failings. 
    I am learning by my mistakes altho it's hard to see evidence of it in this hand! lol 

I wasn't gonna post the hand but REAL glad I did now.

I read ALL the other poker clinic posts and am learning a LOT from the regs such as yourself, so analysis from ALL you guys is VERY important to us newbies.

pad

• edited July 2011
    I read ALL the other poker clinic posts and am learning a LOT from the regs such as yourself, so analysis from ALL you guys is VERY important to us newbies. pad
    Posted by Glenelg
    +1 from me.

Thanks v much for the calculator Pad. Excellent. Bookmarked the site. Tried to reply to your message but something wrong at this end - have emailed Sky Help. Good luck in the £1,10 DS later!