You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Advice Needed Please

edited July 2011 in The Shed

This is my first post in The Shed but I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision and I thought this may be the right place to ask.

I've suspected for some time now that my Mrs has been having an affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up. She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them". I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off. As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi? I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went beserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my Mrs. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her. I decided I was going to hide behind my car which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch.

Should I take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from Halfords and try to repair it myself?

Cheers

Comments

• edited July 2011
    you should confront your wife because her  friend  might be a mechanic, or work in halfords
    thus gaining a staff discount,
  • edited July 2011

I think you should post pictures up of both.

Then we can decide.

BTW.....Are you working this w/end?....If so, what days and exact times please?....no particular reason, just curious.

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Advice Needed Please:
    I think you should post pictures up of both. Then we can decide. BTW.....Are you working this w/end?....If so, what days and exact times please?....no particular reason, just curious.
    Posted by MAXALLY

You may have a point Alan....

Here are the options:

*EDIT (FIRST PIC NOT ALLOWED - ILE TRY TO GIVE YOU AND IDEA WHAT IT WAS)

HALFORDS

OR

Or maybe I could kill 2 birds with one stone (Metaphorical of course, there is never an excuse for violence) and get her to do it therefore keeping her from going out?

As for your curiosity in my 'Leaving For Work' times.....

I'm guessing that you just wanted to be polite and 'come and see me off'.....

I never knew you were Bye-Curious.....
  • edited July 2011
    very curious this i do no someone this exact thing happened to and no it was not me.they did run off together married and later much later divorced
  • edited July 2011

very very curious this another 1 for you a husband went out 1 night with his mates and got very drunk he went home and fell asleep on the sofa, wife came down stairs tosee if he was ok and found his mobile phone on the floor. she takes a look at the text messages and there she finds he,s been a very bad boy it had been going on for months.yep you guessed it divorce.and no it was not me

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Advice Needed Please:
    very curious this i do no someone this exact thing happened to and no it was not me.they did run off together married and later much later divorced
    Posted by paige55

All that over a rusty wheel arch!!! Wow.....
  • edited July 2011
    You're all going off subject here. The guy has a serious problem that may have years of knock-on effects if he doesn't put a stop to it immediately. The emotional turmoil will only get worse, he will lose street cred with the neighbours and his self-esteem will plummet. Depending on how far this affair has gone it will likely be very expensive and lead to years of financial difficulties as it won't end here.

And think of the kids, just think of them. The heartbreak, lack of credibility, the ridicule from school friends, heads hung in shame and possibly never speaking to their Father ever again and all because of his inaction at at time like this.

Sort the rust out now, before it's too late!
  • edited July 2011

Sorry Elsadog. You are so right, this is a serious problem and this childish banter will not help this man who quite rightly is in turmoil over it.

I think the next time she sneaks off and says she 'may be some time'.....

Get you car down to Halfords and get it checked out. Hopefully, they may be able to fix it before she returns from 'wherever'
  • edited July 2011
    sorry elsadog you are so right,see you later woof,woof, :):):):)
  • edited July 2011

I would like to thank you all for your words of support during this trying time.

You go through life hoping for the best and never expect this kind of situation to come from nowhere and blind side you. It always happens when you least expect it.

I listened to your advice and took it all in....

Just as I was heading off to Halfords I remembered that I have some car filler in the garage somewhere so I went to have a look.
    While I was rummaging around I found a small box. This obviously made me curious, so I opened it and found 6 eggs and £3.000. A little bit suspicious, I decided to confront my wife about it.

"Oh, that," she said. "Every time I cheated on you, I put an egg in this box."  She seemed really upset.

I was really unhappy about this, but figured that her cheating 6 times in 15 years wasn't so bad.

"But what about the £3000?" I said.

"Every time I got a dozen, I sold them." She was in tears.

So all ended well, I now have the money to buy a new car and I know never to play Monopoly with her again. She always wanted to be the banker and always won. I should of realised she was cheating. When I told her that i'm never playing board games with her again after her admission she really seemed to cheer up? Weird.

I'm off out to look for a new car..

She's out with the girls again... Typical.