You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament repositioning

You have a few reads on players at the table that you been playing on for 30mins, then your picked up and moved to a table you know nothing about(this is when i usually lose due to playing like donkey),i understand it when the whole table is split and all players moved as the tables get less, but when a single player has to be selected to be moved is there any reason? chip leader? short stacked or totally random ?

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Tournament repositioning:
    You have a few reads on players at the table that you been playing on for 30mins, then your picked up and moved to a table you know nothing about(this is when i usually lose due to playing like donkey),i understand it when the whole table is split and all players moved as the tables get less, but when a single player has to be selected to be moved is there any reason? chip leader? short stacked or totally random ?
    Posted by MrMagooo
    I don't play that many MTT's anymore, too much variance for my liking, however, when I used to play them on another site, it always seemed to me that the last winner of a hand was the one to move and whenever I was forced to move it was directly after winning a big hand. How true this is I have no idea.  This idea of why players are moved has never been fully explained on any site I have played. There must be some rule for this as surely it cannot be completely random.

Perhaps TK or Sky Rich can enlighten us.
  • edited October 2009

As I understand it, in live games, the tournament director usually moves me to the small or big blind of a new table, if I stare at the felt exuding a desperate vibe of: 'Please don't move me, it's taken me the entire last level to build a solid read on all my opponents; I am now the chip-leader; and they all fear even my most obvious bluffs and steals'.

In summary: If you look comfortable and in profit; you're likely to be moved.

I think that's how it's decided, although online is still something of an enigma to me.

• edited October 2009
    the most annoying thing I find is when you're quite short stacked & just gone through the blinds only to be moved straight into the blinds on another table
  • edited October 2009
    MrMagoo,

The tournaments I have played in normally sees the player who is next due to pay the big blind moved to the table which needs balancing. No other reason that I can think of other than it stops someone paying the blinds twice in too quick a succession, which should stop people like silentbob moaning ;)

Dave
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Tournament repositioning:
    MrMagoo, The tournaments I have played in normally sees the player who is next due to pay the big blind moved to the table which needs balancing. No other reason that I can think of other than it stops someone paying the blinds twice in too quick a succession, which should stop people like silentbob moaning ;) Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave
     Same for me, Although iv not noticed a pattern of who is moved on sky, it may be random, but ill keep and eye on it.
     But yes live, tends to be the next BB for the reason Dave said
  • edited October 2009

Thx for the replies, must just be coincedence when i win a big pot or become chip leader i end up on a table with other big stacks early in MTT's, i'm still having problems knowing how to play when chip leader and at what point i start pressurising the others.
    Being moved just adds to my troubles

• edited October 2009
    The other thing I have noticed here at Sky is that when tables are closed, it is not necessarily the 'last' tsble so to speak.

On other sites if there are, say, 300 tables, table 300 is the first to go followed by 299 etc. etc. down to table one.

Sky very often finish the tournaments here on tables like 53.

Any reason for this?
  • edited October 2009

Have FlutNush and Vernon Kaye been seen in the same room together? Dead Ringer

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Tournament repositioning:
    MrMagoo, The tournaments I have played in normally sees the player who is next due to pay the big blind moved to the table which needs balancing. No other reason that I can think of other than it stops someone paying the blinds twice in too quick a succession, which should stop people like silentbob moaning ;) Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    It's good to have a moan Dave : )

Besides it does also work the other way round. I've had it where i'm due to be BB only to be moved to the button on another table
  • edited October 2009
    It is a fact that you WILL be moved when you dont want to be moved... and you will stay when you do want to be moved. (murphys law)

Also if you are a big stack "running over" a table of shorties you WILL be moved to another table with big stacks. Thats how it works..

If you are a shortstack hanging on to cash, you will be moved to a short handed table of monster bully stacks...

Well this is my experience anyway! hehe