You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I was gonna shove any C bet anywayz but....

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
..should I still call this? I normally know when I've been a donk(quite often as it happens) and I know I'm not getting the odds(even more chance I'm a donk) but is this really that bad????lol
Had him on over pair to board and protecting his hand so 11-14 outs.
Please cast your opinions so I can decide whether to do this again or not. (BTW second or third hand of DS mini. Makes it even worse,I know!!!!!!lol lol)
layerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOHHHHHHH Small blind   20.00 20.00 3940.00
milkman90 Big blind   40.00 60.00 3960.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

SolarCarro Fold        
Mohican Raise   120.00 180.00 3880.00
FLASHJONNY Fold        
mickgil75 Fold        
DOHHHHHHH Call   100.00 280.00 3840.00
milkman90 Raise   400.00 680.00 3560.00
Mohican Call   320.00 1000.00 3560.00
DOHHHHHHH Call   320.00 1320.00 3520.00
Flop

• J

DOHHHHHHH Check        
milkman90 All-in   3560.00 4880.00 0.00
Mohican All-in   3560.00 8440.00 0.00
DOHHHHHHH Fold        
milkman90 Show
  • K
  • K

Mohican Show
  • A
  • J

Turn

River

milkman90 Win Pair of Kings 8440.00   8440.00

Comments

• edited July 2011

I would fold preflop!!

But as played its an easy call on the flop.  TPTK and NFD= the nuts imo

Hes unlikely to be jamming with a set and AA is unlikely, so at the worst you are 50/50

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I was gonna shove any C bet anywayz but....:
    I would fold preflop!! But as played its an easy call on the flop.  TPTK and NFD= the nuts imo Hes unlikely to be jamming with a set and AA is unlikely, so at the worst you are 50/50
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I was of the opinion at the time that my top pair, top kicker was behind.

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I was gonna shove any C bet anywayz but.... : I was of the opinion at the time that my top pair, top kicker was behind.
    Posted by Mohican
    You're a marginal favourite - 52%
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I was gonna shove any C bet anywayz but.... : You're a marginal favourite - 52%
    Posted by Prop60
    Yep, marginal favourite. Ran it through one of those odds calculator things. What I meant  by tptk being behind is that I didn't think AJ would be winning on the flop, I needed to hit an out to take the hand.
  • edited July 2011
    fold to 3bet pre readless

As played calling is fine, I dont like the plan to shove over cbet on any board, especially 3 way
  • edited July 2011
    Pre flop depends if no reads i dont mind flat but treat with caution

on that flop insta call, top pair could be good even if not you have flush outs possibly Ace/Jack no brainer

UL mate probably the best flop for your hand other then hitting JJx on flop so always going broke/doubling up here
  • edited July 2011
    Tricky one.  You are 52% but your calling nearly 300% pot.  If you do put opponent on over pair, given size of his flop jam you can easily justify a fold, especially as you have 90bb's back. 

Depends how I'm feeling, if I want the opportunity to generate a super stack of 200+BB's early I call.  If I'm in a steady mood I fold.  Mood dependant :p
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to x:
    fold to 3bet pre readless As played calling is fine, I dont like the plan to shove over cbet on any board, especially 3 way
    Posted by grantorino
    The plan came about once the flop came down and certainly wasn't planning to shove any board regardless. Had position, thought it could be a squeeze and I was going to reassess on the flop which is why I flatted pre flop.I thought a decent  Cbet would have to be about 900 and I can't flat it so my plan was to shove but the villian did it for me.
  • edited July 2011
    I missed my set again.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: x:
    In Response to x : The plan came about once the flop came down and certainly wasn't planning to shove any board regardless. Had position, thought it could be a squeeze and I was going to reassess on the flop which is why I flatted pre flop.I thought a decent  Cbet would have to be about 900 and I can't flat it so my plan was to shove but the villian did it for me.
    Posted by Mohican
    my bad, misread it I thought you were planning to raise a cbet whatever flopcame down. Still dont really like pre readless
  • edited July 2011
    pre is a pretty standard fold readless
    i'd probably call the shove but i wouldn't really like it, you pretty much know your behind most of the time, just depends whether you want to gamble early on to build a stack
  • edited July 2011
    Snap fold pre.
  • edited July 2011
    gamble for the win!! When you call pre with your hand, you cant really go folding these types of flops. You have the right odds, ~52% odds of winning, ~42% potodds, Even if he has AA (which is basically best he can have) you still have ~43% chance of winning. 

PS, I just saw you put you didnt have the odds, as you can see, you do have the odds