You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I can't run any

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
kayjane861 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.34
nezbeau Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.20
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

victor0928 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.92
DASBOOT Call  £0.04 £0.14 £6.86
xCarolinex Raise  £0.16 £0.30 £3.86
kayjane861 Fold     
nezbeau Fold     
victor0928 Call  £0.12 £0.42 £1.80
DASBOOT Call  £0.12 £0.54 £6.74
Flop

victor0928 Check     
DASBOOT Bet  £0.54 £1.08 £6.20
xCarolinex Raise  £1.35 £2.43 £2.51
victor0928 Fold     
DASBOOT Call  £0.81 £3.24 £5.39
Turn

DASBOOT Check     
xCarolinex All-in  £2.51 £5.75 £0.00
DASBOOT Call  £2.51 £8.26 £2.88
DASBOOT Show
  • Q

xCarolinex Show
  • A
  • A

River

DASBOOT Win Flush to the Queen £7.64  £10.52

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Sorry I accidentally hit enter half way through posting the hand above.

I really want to know how this guy makes the call on the turn? I've had similar and worse beats for 3 days solid now.

On Sunday a board of 3556, I'm holding 56, cards got over other guy has Q5, river is obviously a Q.

Last night, guy min raises utg, I'm holding pocket 9's, flop 29K, inital raiserc bets i rr the pot, again bet the pot on the turn (3), guy calls again, leaving himself around 60p where the pot is like £5ish. River 10, obviously again when the cards go over he's holding QJ.

Twice today I've also run sets into higher sets.....

Is anybody running as bad as me right now?

I fear that when the welcome bonus has expired I will be moving back to FT.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Can I run any worse right now?!?:
    Sorry I accidentally hit enter half way through posting the hand above. I really want to know how this guy makes the call on the turn? I've had similar and worse beats for 3 days solid now. On Sunday a board of 3556, I'm holding 56, cards got over other guy has Q5, river is obviously a Q. Last night, guy min raises utg, I'm holding pocket 9's, flop 29K, inital raiserc bets i rr the pot, again bet the pot on the turn (3), guy calls again, leaving himself around 60p where the pot is like £5ish. River 10, obviously again when the cards go over he's holding QJ. Twice today I've also run sets into higher sets..... Is anybody running as bad as me right now? I fear that when the welcome bonus has expired I will be moving back to FT.
    Posted by xCarolinex
    betchya don't! ;)
  • edited July 2011
    with the hand - other than raising it more pre to say about 32p you played it fine
    unfortunately at nl4 you get people like this who like suited cards and then just stay in when they need 1 card to get a flush. happens to me quite a bit!
    people will say - well you want these guys to call as more often than not they won't hit, but it doesn't make it any easier when they do. I've had times in the past when they were always hitting. just got to play through it and/or take a break
    from the limited time I've played against you, you seem a solid player so I'm sure you won't let it affect you.

good luck (except against me!) and welcome
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: I can't run any:
    with the hand - other than raising it more pre to say about 32p you played it fine unfortunately at nl4 you get people like this who like suited cards and then just stay in when they need 1 card to get a flush. happens to me quite a bit! people will say - well you want these guys to call as more often than not they won't hit, but it doesn't make it any easier when they do. I've had times in the past when they were always hitting. just got to play through it and/or take a break from the limited time I've played against you, you seem a solid player so I'm sure you won't let it affect you. good luck (except against me!) and welcome
    Posted by walesboy
    Thanks Walesboy and good luck to you to.

It just seems every time I enter a raised pot and get my money in good I get outdrawn. The hand above fair enough any heart, Q or 6 wins it for the opponent.

However, have a look at these, all 3 hands happened within 1 hour on the same table.

QQ gets busted by quad 4's which the guy flopped on a 344 board. (391978765)

KK busted by pocket 10's, flop of Q93, river is obviously a 10. (391987676)

And then...the worst of the lot, unraised pot vs an opponent that had quite a wide range. Pocket 3's. Flop Kc3h10h. I just call the pot bet on the flop.  Turn 7d. Opponent pots it again, I'm sure I'm ahead here thinking he's either betting the flush draw or at best K10 so I rr all in. He insta calls me. Cards go over K10 indeed.....

Yep you guessed it 10s! 392007075.

I've put the hand history number next to each hand if anybody wants to take a look as it won't seem to let me post the hands in this thread.

Similar hands happening to me for the 3 days now... weep sob weep.

• edited July 2011
    Raise 24p pre.

Rest is standard, just reload and try and stack the guy as many times as you can before he runs out of pennies.