You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1 millionth customer.

edited October 2009 in The Shed
Comical m8 wd lol

Comments

• edited October 2009
    I saw a player berating someone on a thread, i posted this and was wondering what others thought.
    I got an E-mail supposedly from sky poker informing me that i was their 1 millionth customer and had won a prize, after 2 hours 55 minutes on my mobile to a premium rate number i was informed that it was true and  i had won a 4 course meal and overnight stay in a 5 star hotel. After trying unsucessfully to arrange a flight to Nigeria to collect my prize, i rang the number again to tell them to cancel the meal. They were so helpful and agreed to arrange a free flight for me. Naturally i was elated, and after answering a few simple security questions such as my bank details ( sort code, account number and pin number ) my mothers maiden name and my 1st pets name ( dont know why? they must be odd) they informed me they would get me a free flight. This was 3 weeks ago and they appear to have withdrawn £5000 from my account by mistake, and still no sign of the flight tickets.

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: 1 millionth customer.:
    Comical m8 wd lol
    Posted by razorkev

call the guys with the white coats .

lol n1 loon
  • edited October 2009
    I too received this phone call but, unlike your doubting self, accepted the offer and had a fantastic time in Nigeria. I would be happy to tell you how I did it. Feel free to ring me on 09075260900. !!
  • edited October 2009
    I too received this phone call but, unlike your doubting self, accepted the offer and had a fantastic time in Nigeria. I would be happy to tell you how I did it. Feel free to ring me on 09075260900. !!
    Posted by pete1
    Ive just rang the number you gave out and had a great time talking to miss hanky panky however i need to top up me phone now as ive gone through my entire £150 pound credit
  • edited October 2009
    Looney you fool these calls are a scam. Unsolicited emails are becoming more and more prevalent. The only way, I repeat ONLY WAY is to subscribe to a dedicated scam blocker. This is a simple to process to set up and will give you peace of mind for years to come. I can personally recommend The E Dog programme which for a small amount each month gives security and wellbeing. To set this up simply fill in your details below:

Name..........................................

Address ......................................

Bank A/C No.................................

Sort Code ......../............./............

Credit Card No. ............................

Pin No. .......................................

CVC NO. ......................................

It would also be helpful if you could give details of any holiday dates you have planned in the next 2 years.

The location of the nearest Police Station to your address.

Please send all details with a £100 deposit to:

E Dog Poker Account
    C/o Sky Poker.

Peace of mind is priceless.
  • edited October 2009

I can give you all my details but i cant afford the £ 100 because i appear to have no money in my bank , however if i give you my mothers bank details will that secure me for the forseeable future??

• edited October 2009
    Well, it's not normal practice you understand. Does your mum own her own house by any chance? If so that will help, it's just a simple matter of handing over the deeds to the property and you're fully covered.

The deeds will be held securely at our Zimbabwe branch.
  • edited October 2009
    Elsa. I thought you were with the CPS?

Not casting dispersions, but shouldn't you be thoroughly 'vetted' to ensure that scammers are not allowed within the public service?

Anyway, working in your trade, you only need the fingerprints of who you want to clean out and Bob's your uncle.

Sorry about the vetted gag but your avatar gave me all the amunition I needed! Is it me or does your dog need an optician?

Seriously now, at the minute, I have several posts that really need your approval before posting. Please PM me.  I know my limits but unfortunately sometimes I cross a line without realising and could do with some expert advice.

Glad to see you are still around. Remember, don't get back to those tables till your ready.
  • edited October 2009
    You seem to have been the victim of George!

Gooood afternoon madaaam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=372Ah0Z_L1w
  • edited October 2009
    I cant believe all you guys are falling for these telephone scams. You should never give your bank details out over the phone.

Have you never read the newspapers - There are so many scam stories coming from african countries, especially Nigeria
    where they tell you that they have money that they want to put into your account , so send them your bank details. Then they raid your account like what they done to loonytoons.

Im not very hopefull that you will get this money back but report it to the police.

PLEASE be carefull guys

Regards

Alice Horton

• edited October 2009
    I cant believe all you guys are falling for these telephone scams. You should never give your bank details out over the phone. Have you never read the newspapers - There are so many scam stories coming from african countries, especially Nigeria where they tell you that they have money that they want to put into your account , so send them your bank details. Then they raid your account like what they done to loonytoons. Im not very hopefull that you will get this money back but report it to the police. PLEASE be carefull guys Regards Alice Horton
    Posted by AcesSuited
    so you dont think i will get my meal then????
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: 1 millionth customer. : so you dont think i will get my meal then????
    Posted by loonytoons
    Sorry, mate like I said on the phone you chose to cancel the meal and it was a one-time offer only.

However, as you are such a valued customer, I can make you a VERY special offer that is not available to any of our other clients.

I can reserve you a room for two-weeks (all-inclusive) at our brand new hotel on Mars - due to be opened in the first quarter of next year. To guarantee your place, simply supply the following details ...

For further information, phone our information hotline on Mars. Simply call 00 00 S U C K E R. *

* Note there may be a short recorded message before you are put through to one of our agents.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to 1 millionth customer.:
    I saw a player berating someone on a thread, i posted this and was wondering what others thought. I got an E-mail supposedly from sky poker informing me that i was their 1 millionth customer and had won a prize, after 2 hours 55 minutes on my mobile to a premium rate number i was informed that it was true and  i had won a 4 course meal and overnight stay in a 5 star hotel. After trying unsucessfully to arrange a flight to Nigeria to collect my prize, i rang the number again to tell them to cancel the meal. They were so helpful and agreed to arrange a free flight for me. Naturally i was elated, and after answering a few simple security questions such as my bank details ( sort code, account number and pin number ) my mothers maiden name and my 1st pets name ( dont know why? they must be odd) they informed me they would get me a free flight. This was 3 weeks ago and they appear to have withdrawn £5000 from my account by mistake, and still no sign of the flight tickets.   
    Posted by loonytoons
    looney u are the true star of this site.ps can i keep the 5 grand?
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: 1 millionth customer. : Sorry, mate like I said on the phone you chose to cancel the meal and it was a one-time offer only. However, as you are such a valued customer, I can make you a VERY special offer that is not available to any of our other clients. I can reserve you a room for two-weeks (all-inclusive) at our brand new hotel on Mars - due to be opened in the first quarter of next year. To guarantee your place, simply supply the following details ... For further information, phone our information hotline on Mars. Simply call 00 00 S U C K E R. * * Note there may be a short recorded message before you are put through to one of our agents.
    Posted by MereNovice
    so that was you on the phone??, i must say novice your picture does not sound like your smooth talking voice did, however i now have the photo of your bottom half and can tell everyone --- its definately not true what they say about you donkeys (tinky winky)
  • edited October 2009
    Did someone mention Tinky Winky?  my favourate one.

As for getting the free meal Loonytoons try closing your eyes and making a wish to the Easter Bunny, it usually works for me

Regards
    Alice