You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20nl, did i "value own" myself?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Ive read this hand over a few times and Im not happy, and i cant work out why...

No reads on villain as far as i can recall!

I assumed he probably had a king, so i value bet river!.  comments on bet sizing on all streets please. I assume people hate raise utg, and also the smallish bet on turn.

when he called river i was like wtf.. and made a note lol

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceritabeater Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £20.35 GT380 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £15.40   Your hole cards 7 A       GREGHOGG Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £105.76 xxxCall  £0.60 £1.50 £28.61 nottybay Fold     Wakey_S Fold     ritabeater Fold     GT380 Call  £0.40 £1.90 £15.00 Flop    5 K 10       GT380 Check     GREGHOGG Bet  £1.40 £3.30 £104.36 xxxCall  £1.40 £4.70 £27.21 GT380 Fold     Turn    A       GREGHOGG Bet  £2.40 £7.10 £101.96 xxxCall  £2.40 £9.50 £24.81 River    A       GREGHOGG Bet  £4.80 £14.30 £97.16 xxxCall  £4.80 £19.10 £20.01 GREGHOGG Show 7 A    xxxShow J A    xxx Win Three Aces £18.14  £38.15

Comments

• edited July 2011
    think you played it fine - sometimes i'd check the turn for deception / raise UTG that deep is also ok imo
  • edited July 2011
    Looks fine to me, I'd stay on his table if I was you. ;)
  • edited July 2011
    Was looking at this hand for a while wondering why the f u posted it.

I see it now.

Stack size brag imo.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: 20nl, did i "value own" myself?:
    Was looking at this hand for a while wondering why the f u posted it. I see it now. Stack size brag imo.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL LOL LOL

Runner runner of the 2 Aces is a big number to one - other than that this hand is as standard as it comes.  Nothing to see here move along please
  • edited July 2011
    looks fine, vbet river is kinda thin but I think its ok

Greg, dude, why the loling at villains play? It depends on dynamic but I dont think his play is that bad
  • edited July 2011
    Surely he has to raise that river ?

Gregg's turn and river bets looks pretty weak to me and with £14.30 in there and £20 left behind I'm sticking it in, maybe higher up this is bad but I just think there's lost value flatting.
  • edited July 2011
    Surely he has to raise that river ? Gregg's turn and river bets looks pretty weak to me and with £14.30 in there and £20 left behind I'm sticking it in, maybe higher up this is bad but I just think there's lost value flatting.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    If his bets are weak why raise? I'm assuming you are not suggesting villain turns his hand into a bluff

Also idk if this guy is decent or just clicking buttons, but greg has to raise utg and barrell every street then call a river shove with A9 or worse to make raising for value good.
  • edited July 2011

GT, i didnt lol at the opponants play that much. I was just suprised! I was raising alot of hands cos i was running good!

I was readless, which means that he was not crazy or a  complete fish, or i would have noticed, even while multi tabling.

And if he shoves river, I guess I tank fold. The reason i posted this hand, apart from the obv stacksize brag:), was that it is rare for someone to call me down, when i am value betting three streets, when they have a better hand.

Also i was unsure of my bet sizing etc, but it seems i played this ok and it was fairly standard so ive no reason to worry!

Thanks all

• edited July 2011
    @ Gran - It's probably once again just how I'd play it at NL4 but down here I'd raise turn and then obvz shove river, of course higher up these hands are less valuable especially against decent players who won't call down with rubbish.

Also now you will again say you shouldn't always just say 'This is what I do at NL4' and instead try and see other ways of playing it and that's cool but I simply don't need to start thinking yet. :)
  • edited July 2011
    Greg i like the way this is played. also i dont think you can fold river with your hand if villan shoves tbh. I agree id be tanking but 2:1 odds with that hand makes it very appealing.
  • edited July 2011
    Played fine, and fold to a shove. Doesnt matter if you have 2:1 when your losing 99% of the time
  • edited July 2011
    @ Gran - It's probably once again just how I'd play it at NL4 but down here I'd raise turn and then obvz shove river, of course higher up these hands are less valuable especially against decent players who won't call down with rubbish. Also now you will again say you shouldn't always just say 'This is what I do at NL4' and instead try and see other ways of playing it and that's cool but I simply don't need to start thinking yet. :)
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    No I wont say that. I will say though if he has any idea what he is doing though and notices greg looks like he has some idea what hes doing gregs range is pretty strong on river here. It includes every hand that beats him, maybe some worse As, maybe KQ and maybe some missed spades. Most of the worse hands prob fold to a shove

Turn is a little different as gregs range is wider, also his continuing range to a raise may be wider because of draws, but I would still think flatting />raising from villains pov for much the same reason, gregs continuing range prob beats him

I thought when I saw the wtf from  greg and the stay at his table from you, it was maybe flop which you were talking about which is certainly a questionable call, but possibly justifiable too. Obv I may be giving villain way too much credit here and he may have just liked the look of the call button.

And btw  calling a river shove with A7 is lighting money on fire imo against any half decent villain