You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a bad call or would only a major nit fold here? NL4 very loose table...

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
gibbzySmall blind £0.02£0.02£7.63shirley02Big blind £0.04£0.06£7.10 Your hole cardsA5   tapewormFold    xCarolinexRaise £0.12£0.18£3.70duxrsCall £0.12£0.30£2.71gibbzyCall £0.10£0.40£7.53shirley02Call £0.08£0.48£7.02Flop  23A   gibbzyCheck    shirley02Check    xCarolinexCheck    duxrsBet £0.24£0.72£2.47gibbzyFold    shirley02Call £0.24£0.96£6.78xCarolinexCall £0.24£1.20£3.46Turn  9   shirley02Check    xCarolinexCheck    duxrsBet £0.60£1.80£1.87shirley02Raise £1.20£3.00£5.58xCarolinexCall £1.20£4.20£2.26duxrsAll-in £1.87£6.07£0.00shirley02Raise £2.54£8.61£3.04xCarolinexAll-in £2.26£10.87£0.00shirley02Unmatched bet £0.28£10.59£3.32shirley02Show45   xCarolinexShowA5   duxrsShow3A   River  7   xCarolinexWinFlush to the Ace£9.79 £9.79

Comments

• edited July 2011
    There was only one really loose player there and it was not shirley. you had only seen several hands by tis point. I dont know if my banter with a certain person was throwing you off, but only one person at this table i wanted to get involved with.

Shirley played the flop slow which lets you get to the position you are in. if we want to play, The turn for me is a shove not a call. although i really think you read the table wrong as neither of the players in the hand had bet out with nothing the whole time I was there that i saw. i would asssume im behind here and drawing. you cant fold after you call - e z moniez
  • edited July 2011
    If I'm raising with A5s (which I never would lol) I have to bet out on that flop bout 30p.

Turn check is fine try and get free card, after 60p bet and minraise I'm snap folding.

You effectivly call off 56.5 BB's here on a draw, at this point you're 17% to win so need crazy odds to call which you don't get. All you have is TP which is dead after turn action, two pair draw and a gutshot.

TBH I'm quite surprised at this as you play like 8+ tables at NL4 usually and should be playing tight.
  • edited July 2011

I dont think theres really anything wrong here apart from check on the flop.

raising pre flop in the cut off with a suited ace to an unraised board in my opinion is fine, you hit the a dynamite flop and dont bet, id be betting around 2/3rds of the pot. If nothing else you at least narrow your oponents range down.

As soon as you see the turn cards a club theres no way your folding with the nut flush draw.

Ive played against you before and know from personal experience your a super nit anyway, so if your making the call its probably not a loose one.

• edited July 2011
    Once yuove got this far im also calling for the river , but i think i woulda shoved the turn anyway xx
  • edited July 2011

I prob fold pre at this level

I dont see any reason to bet the flop, I think I prob c/f. I also dont think this is a good flop for our hand, despite flopping top pair +gutshot

• edited July 2011
    I don't have a problem with the call on the end (I know you don't have the odds with the cards face up but with the NFD and a gutshot they are going to show up with just bigger aces and two pair combos a lot, enough to make this marginally ok IMO).

However I'd probably have played every other street differently.  I'm folding pre, either folding or raise/folding the flop and knowing me seeing a draw come in just open shoving the turn when it gets to me.