You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bet or Check no. 2?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
No reads......
Dudeskin8 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.94
who_am_i Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.96
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

Badger68 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £7.74
Rolaz Fold        
X Call   £0.04 £0.14 £3.49
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.20 £0.34 £3.74
who_am_i Fold        
Badger68 Call   £0.18 £0.52 £7.56
X Call   £0.18 £0.70 £3.31
Flop

Dudeskin8 Bet   £0.56 £1.26 £3.18
Badger68 Fold        
X Call   £0.56 £1.82 £2.75
Turn

• J

Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Have you reduced your opening size? I think this is fine but you usually open 5-6x with no limpers and you are oop here

I probably bet 1/2 pot, and same again on blank river

I would think at 4NL most times you are in doubt with a medium strength hand b/f will be the best line
  • edited July 2011
    Well I've adjusted it to 4x plus +1 now for limpers as it saves me money in cbets which I have to do a fare lot of.

Here maybe could have been 1 more BB pre but I really wanted a call and table had been playing tight.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Bet or Check no. 2?:
    Well I've adjusted it to 4x plus +1 now for limpers as it saves me money in cbets which I have to do a fare lot of. Here maybe could have been 1 more BB pre but I really wanted a call and table had been playing tight.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Given this info i woulda bet at least 30-36p pre so if i then get a call im more certain on this flop i am still ahead and then fire out a 3/4 pot bet xxx
  • edited July 2011
    feels slightly awkward

bet 1/2 pot
    he could so easily have an eight or 2 pr :S

think the raise pre is fine, you want action - anything higher then 20p is just scarying people away
    even 12 - 16 p is fine here

• edited July 2011
    feels slightly awkward bet 1/2 pot he could so easily have an eight or 2 pr :S think the raise pre is fine, you want action - anything higher then 20p is just scarying people away even 12 - 16 p is fine here
    Posted by rancid
    The prob with this level has always been that a 16-20 raise usually only encourages multiple callers xxx
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Bet or Check no. 2? : The prob with this level has always been that a 16-20 raise usually only encourages multiple callers xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67

depends on the table i find, after a while you should be able to work out the fold level and station level and raise accordingly - I have sat on loose tables were there multi calling 4,5,6 x bb's. Other tables there folding to 3x's

Obvioulsy I want callers if i have AA, only 2 but hey ho

• ybyb
    edited July 2011
    c/f turn, b/f blank rivers imo
  • edited July 2011
    Its a bit of a scary board but its player dependent at this level. You say you c-bet a lot so does villain know this? I probably slow down and check this board but it is dependent on the villain and whether you have notes on his range and style.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Bet or Check no. 2? : depends on the table i find AFTER A WHILE you should be able to work out the fold level and station level and raise accordingly - I have sat on loose tables were there multi calling 4,5,6 x bb's. Other tables there folding to 3x's Obvioulsy I want callers if i have AA, only 2 but hey ho
    Posted by rancid
    I played this level for almost 2 years so trust me b4 i crushed it i do know what im talkin about xxx
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Bet or Check no. 2? : I played this level for almost 2 years so trust me b4 i crushed it i do know what im talkin about xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    i hear ya, might go back to big raise sizes )