You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Note Taking Help.

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic

I'm looking at revamping my note taking.

I'd like to know what you should be typing in the box and how you'd go about it.

It's something that although I've been around a while, I've never utilised to the max, generally making general observations such as 'will call 2 streets on flush draws' or 'never folds when hits flop'. 

For starters I guess I should include a summary of what I believe their play style is. What should I expand this into?

Search wasn't finding anything so I made a new topic apologies if this has been discussed before.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    At NL4 after I see a player limp pre a few times I note 'Station' as a general description but there are also those great players who minraise pre from the BB/SB after limps obviously they are new so get a 'New' tag which impies they probably don't understand bet sizing etc and so can be exploited.

However when I start seeing hands get shown down there are some players that fit into a whole different catorgory which I simpy term  'DEAD MONEY' (basically calling off bets on draws with bad odds, calling down with 2nd 3rd pair, canny fold a PP with overs) also type it in capitals I find that has more impact :)

There are good player at NL4 and that's found out pretty quick by doing a player search more than one table usually means 'REG' however there are also a breed of REG who play awful over many tables, there's a big one at NL4 who does this simply limps every hand on 6+ tables, so funny lol.

Then we have 'MANIAC', these are great and make the game sooo easy, just wait for AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AK maybe 10's or AQ sometimes and get it in pre, they like a raise so they do.

These are probably awful but do the job for me quite well.
  • edited July 2011
    Add a date to your notes. That way, next time you meet a player with notes, you'll know if they are likely to be current or out of date because players improve/change the way they play.