You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can I have a lesson on stack sizes.

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I read a lot of answers to questions on here, and an awful lot contain an answer which involves relative stack sizes, at which point the response makes no sense to me!

So could I have a quick lesson on the importance of stack sizes in relation to our decisions to check, raise, fold, whatever.

Thanks,

Z.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    20BB deep TPGK is a monster

400BB deep TPGK facing heat is a bluffcatcher at best

Basically stack off lighter the shallower they are. Also you have very little implied odd for hands like suited connectors when shallow, compared to huge implied odds if you are deep. Preflop extremely important shallow, postflop much more important the deeper you get

Thats prob not much help, posting  specific situation would prob be easier to answer
  • edited July 2011
    Hi Zed.

Specific example would be along the lines of this. You are dealt 3,3 on the button, villain has 2 quid back, he raises 40p. Your chances of hitting a set on the flop are roughly 7/1 or 8/1, this means you cant call to see if you hit your set as you can only win 2 quid and 40p only goes in to 2 quid 5 times so your odds are all wrong. Doing this over 1000 hands means you lose money.