You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hypocritical or not - you decide!

edited July 2011 in The Shed

Yesterday i went for a walk along the shore with my dog, 9 year old granddaughter and the wife. My granddaughter says to me ''how come the sea comes in and out granddad?'' to which i reply ''its to do with the moon, when its on one side the tide is high, and when its on the other its low'' then she said ''so its not god then?'' to which i replied ''no'' she then asked me if there was really a god, to which i replied that some people believe there is and others don't, i personally believe the scientific explanations not the divine being notion. My wife then says ''she's only 9 years old, she doesn't understand all of that scientific/god notions'' and i said ''look, she can ask me anything, i'm not going to lie to her, she knows that i tell her the truth as i know it and she can choose to make up her own mind, but i'm not going to indoctrinate her one way or the other!'' and at that precise moment she said ''is Santa real?'' to which i immediately replied ''of course he is silly'' to which my wife replied ''you hypocrite!'' Am i a hypocrite.

Comments