You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PRIMO

edited August 2011 in Sky Poker Tournaments
dont know what it is but all of a sudden i feel like primo has no value to play at all a £55 quid game with 2000 chips so i think tonights game will be my last direct buy-in i will still play the sats for this tourney as it is good to play but for 55 quid id like to see a 5k chip stack i think. this is no dig at sky as they do a fantastic job overall
i would just like to see who else would like more chips in this tourney

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Having played in the Roller last night I agree that an increase in starting chips would be a good idea
  • edited July 2011
    i agree, but i also think maybe sky could reduce the buy in back to 33 quid for a trail period and see how that goes, when the buy in was 33 it used to reg attract 300-350 runners and the payouts were slightly bigger. nowadays the ave field is about 260 and with smaller payouts for the bigger buy in

either way the primo needs to be improved imo
  • edited July 2011
    I never played the primo when it was £33 buy-in but, i remember the first time i played it with the £55 buy-in and it had 322 runners, has anyone any idea why iot does not get these numbers anymore? maybe it does just need a little freshen up. 

I think that a 3000 starting stack may be worth a go.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to PRIMO:
    dont know what it is but all of a sudden i feel like primo has no value to play at all a £55 quid game with 2000 chips so i think tonights game will be my last direct buy-in i will still play the sats for this tourney as it is good to play but for 55 quid id like to see a 5k chip stack i think. this is no dig at sky as they do a fantastic job overall i would just like to see who else would like more chips in this tourney
    Posted by rosjim1
    +1
  • edited August 2011
    Massively agree with this, dosen't have to be 5k, just aslong as its more than 2k
  • edited August 2011
    i have to agree for a £55 buy in, you dont get a lot of play before have to start shoving - if necessary, can start it at 7 as well as the roller so it still likely to finish in time - or have steeper ramp up of blinds later on
  • edited August 2011

I agree and think a bigger chip stack would be much better, £55 is out of alot of peoples bankroll i think so if it was to go bk to £33 there would be more able/want to play and join in the primo. Worth a trial imo:)

• edited August 2011
    Must agree, I played for the first time last night and even at low blind levels, you get involved in a couple of pots early on and you can soon be looking at half your chips gone and your ablilty to play severely limited.  For ma a deeper stack would be much better, even if it meant losing some of the blind levels.

I managed to limp through to 50th place but alot of that time was limited to all in or fold poker, more chips at least enables you to play some proper poker.  Unfortunately, I probably won't play it again as a direct buy in.
  • edited August 2011
    * BUMP*

will the powers that be take any notice????