You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

In they go?

edited July 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Reraise or just shove ?

mojo1 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £0.92
Dudeskin8 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.56
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

x Call   £0.04 £0.10 £6.25
jimbox50 Call   £0.04 £0.14 £1.62
ToonBoy76 Fold        
mojo1 Call   £0.02 £0.16 £0.90
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.24 £0.40 £4.32
x Call   £0.24 £0.64 £6.01
jimbox50 Fold        
mojo1 Fold        
Flop

Dudeskin8 Bet   £0.52 £1.16 £3.80
x Raise   £1.04 £2.20 £4.97
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited July 2011
    You prob have multiple draws to fade. i might call then shove a blank turn card
  • edited July 2011
    Shove, I'd be making my raises bigger than I have seen you do lately, esp with three limpers here, 38p gets you action.
  • edited July 2011
    I'd call and reconsider on turn.
    A blank/none club - you've got just over a pot bet - shove
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: In they go?:
    I'd call and reconsider on turn. A blank/none club - you've got just over a pot bet - shove
    Posted by walesboy
    But shouldn't I make him pay for that club/straight draw ?
  • edited July 2011
    Shove, I'd be making my raises bigger than I have seen you do lately, esp with three limpers here, 38p gets you action.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I do always try to raise pre as much as possible but recently I've found the tables crazy tight so have had to adjust slightly, but also so cbets are cheaper.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: In they go? : But shouldn't I make him pay for that club/straight draw ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    This is a quality question.

I think there are huge merits to both approaches. 

If sat deeper I make him pay, but likely folding if he comes back over the top.

Sat shallower flatting, then jamming a blank is often best line.  But equally committing him off flop shallow is fine also

Either way though, strong arguments are easily made for both.  I'm never going to be happy racing more than 100bb's with 1pr vs flush draw and over.
  • ybyb
    edited July 2011
    yeah this is a shove imo, if you were in position then calling and getting it in on blank turns would have more merit, but either way you're still way ahead of his stacking off range.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: In they go? : But shouldn't I make him pay for that club/straight draw ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    there are merits to this also.
    Has "vill" folded to a reraise before? Is his range wide or is this the first time he's gone aggressive?
    If he has gone aggressive before, what were his cards?
    If he's aggressive alot - shove would probably be my route.
    If not - a call and re-assess
  • edited July 2011
    shove to get calls from draws and worse overpairs, also its usually viewed as weaker than a small 3bet

If we call we have to risk giving away 2 free cards, which I dont really like as they may often either beat us or kill the action
  • edited July 2011
    shove to get calls from draws and worse overpairs, also its usually viewed as weaker than a small 3bet If we call we have to risk giving away 2 free cards, which I dont really like as they may often either beat us or kill the action
    Posted by grantorino
    This is exactly my point, right now I'm pretty sure I have the best hand (sets and 2 pair are just unlucky) and so want him to commit while I'm ahead, if I wait till turn my hand is less strong and I could be shoving when I'm behind.
  • edited July 2011
    shove to get calls from draws and worse overpairs, also its usually viewed as weaker than a small 3bet If we call we have to risk giving away 2 free cards, which I dont really like as they may often either beat us or kill the action
    Posted by grantorino
    +1 shove